Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Nd filters

Alexjpknott

Reaction score
Best options on these please. Amazon do two different styles of singular point filters. What's best don't want to go Ioverboard on price, I.e freewell too expensive ?!

Is Parrot going to change the gimbal initiation process so that more will pass the sequence?

Cheers.

Yes, see the interview HERE.

Yeah that's what I got my idea but it's through Google translate so I wonder if it's indeed true.

Do you personally have any experience with the other brands? Specifically the glass quality. There's is a rather long thread in the German forum but again, I can only read through machine translation...

Cheers.

Do you personally have any experience with the other brands? Specifically the glass quality. There's is a rather long thread in the German forum but again, I can only read through machine translation...

Cheers.
Ok, you saw "my" thread in the German forum! Fine.
There are nearly no reports about the optical quality of the filters. This quality aspect is however hard to judge by us users.
Parrot obviously only cooperated with Freewell and tested their filters mechanically. These filters seem to work on the Anafi gimbal also when mounted before the initialization starts.
The other brands must be mounted after the gimbal initialization. I personally would not do that, because the gimbal motors are working against you while manually keeping hold of the gimbal.
Parrot sees this point and obviously plans to alter the gimbal initialization so that the other filter brands might fit as well.

A little more on what Dirk said the other filters are larger in size and hit the gimble guard on initialization causing it to fail.

Ok, you saw "my" thread in the German forum! Fine.
There are nearly no reports about the optical quality of the filters. This quality aspect is however hard to judge by us users.
Parrot obviously only cooperated with Freewell and tested their filters mechanically. These filters seem to work on the Anafi gimbal also when mounted before the initialization starts.
The other brands must be mounted after the gimbal initialization. I personally would not do that, because the gimbal motors are working against you while manually keeping hold of the gimbal.
Parrot sees this point and obviously plans to alter the gimbal initialization so that the other filter brands might fit as well.

Don't you know I've been stalking you for a long time? ;) (the German forum has a lot of good info, BTW)

Joking aside, so it seems Freewell is still the best choice out there. Parrot's co-operation with them instills in me confidence in the quality of their filters.

A little more on what Dirk said the other filters are larger in size and hit the gimble guard on initialization causing it to fail.

Thanks for the info. Pity that it seems no one has tested or done any comparison on the lens quality of the commonly found models...

Cheers.

There was a fellow who tested the cheaper ones, cannot remember the brand name but they all pretty much look the same from the pictures on Amazon and Ebay. He said he ended up throwing them in the garbage because of the poor quality. The thing about freewell filters if anything should be wrong with them or go wrong with them they have a lifetime warranty. I have these and like them very much.
FreewellEssential Filter Kit for Parrot Anafi (6-Pack)

I also won a $100 gift card from Freewell and ordered the ND1000 filter for daytime long exposure shots. When I get that I will post my results.

Thanks.

Now to be decided, coated bright day kit or the uncoated essential kit...

Cheers.

A short story: I ordered the Freewell Essential Kit for Anafi on the German Amazon site (bescita).
What I got today was a JSR filter kit. :mad:

@loyukfai: yes I will try.
@Agustine: yes I have contact with the dealer.
Something positive: I can test the JSR filters:
- They fit well, the quality seems ok.
- The gimbal initialization does NOT work with these filters, because they touch the gimbal frame during this initialization.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut