Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Anafi Firmware & Battery Update March 4th 2020 V1.6.5_FF6 V6.6.6

. . . . . . . . I then turned off my router put the iPad in airplane mode with Wifi turned off and then flew around my living room. No issues or problems.
I am one of the lucky ones? . . . . . . .
When I updated FF6 and my batteries. I could also turn my android tablet to airplane mode and still be connected. BUT after I switched off everything and then restarted later in the day - Synchronization failed. Check your Internet connection" .
So in theory I could boot up FF6 at home. Synchronise. Switch to Airplane mode. Keep the tablet running. Get into my car. Drive an hour or so with my tablet running. Get out at the location. Start the Anafi..... and I can fly again. :) Maybe not the best solution. Nope! I'll be patient and wait until Parrot upload a fix.

Regards
Douglas

I am SOOOOO happy to read about these problems and not having to experience them.Keeps me flying..........
(y) That is the best way. Normally I am cautious and never update until a few weeks have passed. But I was planning to have an early Spring flight today. So yesterday, as I started charging batteries etc. I noticed there was a new update - stupid me - I went for it.
Today! No early Spring flight. :cry:
I may be Scottish, but I forgot to be a canny Scot!
Regards
Douglas

Reactions: Joe_Scot and Thanev
(y) That is the best way. Normally I am cautious and never update until a few weeks have passed. But I was planning to have an early Spring flight today. So yesterday, as I started charging batteries etc. I noticed there was a new update - stupid me - I went for it.
Today! No early Spring flight. :cry:
I may be Scottish, but I forgot to be a canny Scot!
Regards
Douglas
I feel for you.I almost hit the update button in the app by mistake....

Reactions: Drbgaijin
When I updated FF6 and my batteries. I could also turn my android tablet to airplane mode and still be connected. BUT after I switched off everything and then restarted later in the day - Synchronization failed. Check your Internet connection" .
So in theory I could boot up FF6 at home. Synchronise. Switch to Airplane mode. Keep the tablet running. Get into my car. Drive an hour or so with my tablet running. Get out at the location. Start the Anafi..... and I can fly again. :) Maybe not the best solution. Nope! I'll be patient and wait until Parrot upload a fix.

Regards
Douglas

Maybe this is an Android thing or regular Anafi?

After reading your post and being scared I did the following.

Turned off iPad. Packed up Anafi Thermal into case.
Drove to parents house.
Unpacked everything.
Setup everything.
My iPad has never been connected to their Wifi.
I had no problems at all. I did not fly due to it being night in Class C airspace, but I could of as all systems were go.

Most of your complaints basically are about POS Google Android; I use iPhone with Anafi. SE, 7Plus and now 11. Never had any problems with any update, firmware or anything. It sucks that Android is so buggy but the problem does not appear to be with Parrot

Question:

The FF6 start loop, is that by chance just on Android so that the iOS dont have this problem?

Here's my 2 cents. I updated all the firmware to the latest and went for a test with an android moto g6 phone. First off, I could't get anywhere unless I turned on mobile data. Otherwise synchronization fails. After turning on mobile data, it connected and flew normally. One battery lasted 20 minutes and auto landed at 8%. The older battery went 16 minutes and auto landed at 8%. Back home I still have to turn on mobile data to avoid sync fail and then the 'my flight' data is very particular about how you tap the screen to select a flight to view. It boggles my mind that the people that were smart enough to build this thing in the first place can't make a minor revision without jacking something else up.

Reactions: Thanev
Here's my 2 cents. I updated all the firmware to the latest and went for a test with an android moto g6 phone. First off, I could't get anywhere unless I turned on mobile data. Otherwise synchronization fails. After turning on mobile data, it connected and flew normally. One battery lasted 20 minutes and auto landed at 8%. The older battery went 16 minutes and auto landed at 8%. Back home I still have to turn on mobile data to avoid sync fail and then the 'my flight' data is very particular about how you tap the screen to select a flight to view. It boggles my mind that the people that were smart enough to build this thing in the first place can't make a minor revision without jacking something else up.

The start up FF6 with my pre-payd cost my for a 3/4 startup € 21,08, then it shows € 0,0 in 5 minutes. Game over...

I have opened a "Case" with googleplay Support and complained about the uploaded version of FreeFlight 6.
They say," . . . . . Once you report this, our team will review and investigate this. They will work with the developer and try to get this sorted."
Let's hope that they can get some reaction to fixing the problem soon.
Regards
Douglas

"
Thank you.
'Fortunately' the weather is poor here, so no flying for at least a week.
As I usually use my (sim free) tablet on the transmitter to fly, this fault was more than an inconvenience to me.
Roger

Let's take this again.
Some have not read the whole thread.
It is not an android phone - it is a simple android TABLET. My Android device has NO SIM CARD installed.
I don't need a SIM card, nor do I have a cellphone.
If I am out in the field, I have no contact from my Android to the ether.
Thus - No synchronisation.

If I am at home, beside my PC router - I have contact out to the ether and can start FF6 without any synch. problems.

I have flown the Anafi since it went on sale with this set-up on my Android Tablet and never had any trouble.

I am in Japan and couldn't care less about FCC or whatever.
But now Parrot have changed something which leaves me out in the cold.

As I have said a couple of times now - I will wait for a fix.
Regards
Douglas

Hi Douglas , what is so hard to delete and reinstall ff6 older version ...
you could be flying in no time ,

cheers

It is probably not so hard, following Agustine's instructions. But I have a history of messing things up when I start playing with installation of data.
I'll try the patient approach for now.
However, if it takes more than a couple of weeks, I may cave in and try the delete and install the older version.
Mind you, if I do that - you can be certain that Parrot will post a fixed version of FF6.6.6 an hour after I do it! ⛩
Regards
Douglas

I recieved a email back from Customer Support this morning. They wanted a screen shot of the problem. I sent them a screen recording of the problem which I think even a moron should be able to see that there is a problem with the App. ;)

This is Joe from Parrot support team and I am happy to be helping with your case # 1401962, concerning your Parrot Anafi.

Thank you for your feed back, if possible can you please send us a screenshot for the issue so we can report it to our developers

It is always our aim at Parrot to provide you, our customer, with top quality service to the best of our ability.

Kind Regards,
Joe S.
Parrot Customer Support
1 (877) 972-7768

To ensure we receive your response, please do not modify any formatting or content of the original message (including any reference codes or footers).

I recieved a email back from Customer Support this morning. They wanted a screen shot of the problem. I sent them a screen recording of the problem which I think even a moron should be able to see that there is a problem with the App. ;)

This is Joe from Parrot support team and I am happy to be helping with your case # 1401962, concerning your Parrot Anafi.

Thank you for your feed back, if possible can you please send us a screenshot for the issue so we can report it to our developers

It is always our aim at Parrot to provide you, our customer, with top quality service to the best of our ability.

Kind Regards,
Joe S.
Parrot Customer Support
1 (877) 972-7768

To ensure we receive your response, please do not modify any formatting or content of the original message (including any reference codes or footers).

This company is just S*IT, right?!?!

I mean again it does not take much for any employee within the company to try it and see - rather than wasting everyones time with canned responses.

How can they possibly not see the issue.

This method of Customer Service just does not cut it in the internet world - but they are still holding on like this!!

Will let you know if this update fixes the autolanding around 16% I experienced.
I hope it also fixes the automatic battery reduction to 75% (usually happening after a few days, but that happens in 48h for me)

Regarding the data sync issue, I launched the app with internet, and on the field, when I get the error message, I hit the back button, and then land on main screen.

Regarding the data sync issue, I launched the app with internet, and on the field, when I get the error message, I hit the back button, and then land on main screen.

What do you mean you end up on the main screen? Main screen of the APP or of the phone?

What do you mean you end up on the main screen? Main screen of the APP or of the phone?

Of the app, on Android
But you have to keep the app running in background
If Android kills it, you loose the back stack, and it would not work anymore, so hard to be 100% sure it would work

1.6.4 closed the CE / FCC switch, so many complained that it would not be good when traveling.
That's why they made 1.6.5, which identifies where you are at the network connection you requested at startup.
There was also a need to fix the battery problem due to the complaints and this is a good reason for many to voluntarily plug their heads in the loop.

Really ? Let's see what d95gas has to say about this release.
Did he solve his problem?
Battery problem. What problem?
On this site I saw a few reports of a battery problem.
Suddenly anafi falls?
Is the problem with the thermal version?

F67BD688-B035-4C0A-A128-1B7840F5F3D0.jpeg
I am in Europe, 5Ghz, everything updated officially on iPhone, never used garbage android or garbage hacked apps. The problem is not with Parrot.

9AB15E36-59B2-404E-A1FF-5337861F7020.png

I disabled location services. Put iPhone on airplane mode, make sure Bluetooth, GPS, everything is disabled, then reboot iPhone. Open controller, then on Anafi, when light on controller is steady blue, I connected the lighting cable. The result you can see in the image above:

Anafi on lastest 1.6.5 firmware and FreeFlight6 app software 6.6.6 can be flown without data and without GPS on iOS 13.3.1

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Turbeville