Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Update For Anafi--ANAFI 1.6.4 THERMAL, MPP 1.6.3, FREEFLIGHT 6.6.5 IOS & ANDROID

@Skassa This was my argument with Parrot, in now that they have locked me to CE mode, if I go to the USA, they have forced me to use CE instead of the craft switch to FCC mode..... The Anafi is software based and thats how its designed..... They have now changed the rules.

I expected it would be the Anafi it talks to as that has GPS, whereas the controller gets its GPS from your phone/tablet attached.

Well that was my thinking. But either way, I feel they have screwed us(me) over by doing this.

I just remembered that way way back in the first weeks of the Anafi being released, a few of us were playing with ADB and having a nosey around the file system on the Anafi.

One of the guys found a file that we managed to patch to give FCC mode, file was "mppd". Wondering if they have locked it in to something like that.

Looks like tomorrow is going to be ADB day and see if I can find anything :) there has to be hope!!!

Reactions: Ratmir
@Skassa This was my argument with Parrot, in now that they have locked me to CE mode, if I go to the USA, they have forced me to use CE instead of the craft switch to FCC mode..... The Anafi is software based and thats how its designed..... They have now changed the rules.

I expected it would be the Anafi it talks to as that has GPS, whereas the controller gets its GPS from your phone/tablet attached.

Well that was my thinking. But either way, I feel they have screwed us(me) over by doing this.
Another strange thing that changed (a bug maybe ...) before the height block was 150m now the new rules say 4000m? Because now this is what I can set up with the freeflight flightplan. I have hope that in the next anafi update they will solve your problem.

I just remembered that way way back in the first weeks of the Anafi being released, a few of us were playing with ADB and having a nosey around the file system on the Anafi.

One of the guys found a file that we managed to patch to give FCC mode, file was "mppd". Wondering if they have locked it in to something like that.

Looks like tomorrow is going to be ADB day and see if I can find anything :) there has to be hope!!!
I see in the last changelig of the last firmware:
  • Improved MPP / drone pairing with a USB cable: it will now work even if there is no SD card in the drone.
And if you connect anafi (without sd card) with the controller with a usb cable after close the controller with last fcc modded app?

I see where you are coming from.... So take out my SD card. Put Modded APK on device. Could use a new device and even before installing Anafi, change the phone/tablet location to USA, run FakeGPS and put it in USA, then load and run FF6, force shutdown. Then try with it all connected to the Controller, etc, but without SD Card

Reactions: Skassa
I see where you are coming from.... So take out my SD card. Put Modded APK on device. Could use a new device and even before installing Anafi, change the phone/tablet location to USA, run FakeGPS and put it in USA, then load and run FF6, force shutdown. Then try with it all connected to the Controller, etc, but without SD Card
Like if you buy a new drone. Reset drone first and
I shall report back tomorrow.
Before connecting the controller to the drone, reset the drone by holding down the power button until all the LEDs turn red. The controller that must first be connected alone to the freeflight with the fakegps and modded app. In the end it is as if for the first time pairing with the controller in FCC. I hope it works.

Yep just preparing device now. As well as using FakeGPS (Floater) I have put the tablet Region to USA. Removed RC1 app using Google Play, then used file manager to remove all remnants of Parrot, incl the OBB file. Reboot tablet, run FakeGPS (Floater) set to Kentucky, and now going to install the modded apk file "FF6_6.6.2.203_FCC".

Then do the rest in the morning. - Just using this area to document everything, then I dont forget, just in case something works :)

Reactions: HBR
Has anyone who has just updated with the 1.64 got the OBB file you can upload to somewhere so I can download..... I am just looking at an earlier version and I want to compare some of the files within the OBB file.

It would need to come from your current device, and should be in the Android / OBB Folder

Thanks

Has anyone who has just updated with the 1.64 got the OBB file you can upload to somewhere so I can download..... I am just looking at an earlier version and I want to compare some of the files within the OBB file.

It would need to come from your current device, and should be in the Android / OBB Folder

Thanks

Thanks

What I can offer you is my current
Obb Com.parrot.freeflight 6
main.60602203.com.parrot.freeflight6.obb
172 MB 28.10.2019

Is that what you need?
Using the FCC mod Version, last one ....203.
Used FCC channel 165 before I updated (indoor no GPS) the Anafi to 1.6.4
Still using in Spain the channel 165 after update of Anafi, no change,
Skycontroller is at 1.6.2

What I can offer you is my current
Obb Com.parrot.freeflight 6
main.60602203.com.parrot.freeflight6.obb
172 MB 28.10.2019

Is that what you need?
Using the FCC mod Version, last one ....203.
Used FCC channel 165 before I updated (indoor no GPS) the Anafi to 1.6.4
Still using in Spain the channel 165 after update of Anafi, no change,
Skycontroller is at 1.6.2

Have tried to send it.... didn't work...
Here again...
Doesn't work here as attached file.
What do I do wrong the file name is crossed out at he end?
Email?

Have tried to send it.... didn't work...
Here again...
Doesn't work here as attached file.
What do I do wrong the file name is crossed out at he end?
Email?

Better off using something like Dropbox - Google Drive - OneDrive and just putting a link in the post, if you can

He stayed in CE because he returned the original non-FCC freeflight 6 software and updated it. Anafi is French designed and if you don't see GPS, CE is the default setting.
if GPS doesn't have signal,
1. get country from your phone's carrier
2. if no sim installed last mode used is the default setting.

Thos steps were my next exact plan.

Have got a new device, Location is configured as USA, No SIM in Device
FakeGPS running and set to New York
Phones Weather app is showing me in New York, as is Google Maps
FF6 203_FCC Installed and Map shows me in New York

Next step is to reset drone, reset controller, couple it all up and try again.

Was even going to go to the extreme of covering top of Anafi with Silver Foil (I will also be indoors)

Well it seems to be well and truly locked to CE Mode.

Despite Maps, FF6, Weather, all showing I am in New York, I still dont have access to FCC Channels.

Been very careful in following all my processes including multiple resets on the drone and controller, using a device that has not been used before, and having that in Airplane mode.

I think unless anyone has anything that I have not tried, just going to have to wait until they release another Firmware update.

Given what I have found and what DS2ATC has said, I would stay well away from 1.64 unless you are forced to update.

If I use my phone but do it in Airplane mode, is it like having a SIM card?

I ask this because if I want to upgrade (not yet dare ...) to 1.6.4 and keep the FCC, is it enough to upgrade to the FF6 FCC you modified in Airplane mode (indoors without GPS)?

What you said also confirms that this is why d95gas's Anafi remained in CE. Because it restored the original program and was not set to the FCC.
(of course, this is not normal, but if we know it is not surprising)

Fairly confident that if you leave the modded APK on your device, and you are in FCC mode when you do the update to 1.64, that you will be ok.

BUT.... Bear in mind the words of "ds2atc" who notified that 2 owners in his area who upgraded to 1.64 had their drones drop out of the sky. Personally knowing what I know now, I wouldn't upgrade.

Fairly confident that if you leave the modded APK on your device, and you are in FCC mode when you do the update to 1.64, that you will be ok.

BUT.... Bear in mind the words of "ds2atc" who notified that 2 owners in his area who upgraded to 1.64 had their drones drop out of the sky. Personally knowing what I know now, I wouldn't upgrade.
I didn't hear about it ... Where did ds2atc write about this?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame