Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New update... FREEFLIGHT 6 V6.4, ANAFI V1.4.0, SKYCONTROLLER V1.4.1_ REPORT ANY PROBLEMS HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

MustangPhil

Reaction score
Hi, there seems to be a new update (French Anafi forum), but lots of complaints such as ‘no access to SD card...’
Maybe we should wait and see...

New features

• Added a panorama viewer (you can either move around using your finger or by tilting your phone)
  • New photo format: DNG wide + JPEG
  • Your image settings are now stored (Shutter speed, HDR, ISO, WB, contrast, saturation, P-Log, etc..)
  • New SD card gallery display using icons depending on the capture type (Burst, Panorama, Bracketing)
  • Gallery media is now ordered chonologically
  • Introducing a max zoom alert (for both lossless and full zoom) as well as a notification when zoom isn't available (DNG Wide for example)
  • Minimal speed available lowered for even smoother capture
  • Precise hovering now available in Panorama and cineshots (better stability when close to the ground up to around 4 meters or 12 feet)
  • Touch & Fly: now indicates the drone is landed and cannot start Touch & Fly
  • Touch & Fly: The first waypoint must be validated to inititate Touch & Fly
  • Touch & Fly: Made the transition smoother between waypoints
  • Added a "Gimbal calibration is required" alert in Freeflight 6
  • More details show during a motor cutout alert
  • In the drone section, you can now see the status of your GPS connection and the number of GPS you are connected to
  • Sliders for altitude and distance are now using an exponential set of movement
Fixes & Improvements

• There is no longer a time limit to perform your hand launch once selected
  • Lock AE settings now remain properly after recording a panorama
  • Added date and GPS position in Panorama exif
  • Zoom widget for Follow Me, Flight Plan & Cameraman now appears even if you are not using a Skycontroller 3
  • Improved zoom fluidity
  • Fixed a connection issue to My.Parrot account from Freeflight 6 when the account was created on Parrot.com
  • Better smart "Retun to Home" timing. Makes overall RTH more precise.

Sounds like a great update. Thanks for the heads up.

Now might be a silly question but how to update? I must be doing something wrong. Connect device to controller, update controller first then drone.
But I don't see an update.

Last edited:
Sounds like a great update. Thanks for the heads up.

Now might be a silly question but how to update? I must be doing something wrong. Connect device to controller, update controller first then drone.
But I don't see an update.

The update comes automatically via Apple or Google store to your phone/tablet if you have not banned automatic updating on your device.

The update requires the firmware to be updated at the same time. You do this by tapping at the symbol in the upper right corner of the opening screen on FF6 with the controller and quad connected in the same way as you want to fly a trip.

The new FreeFlight 6 has Version number 6.4.0 on Android.

Enjoy, greeting Leif.

Thanks, got it. Went to Play Store and there it was. Upgrading now and will see if I get issues.

Reactions: Landbo
I did three flights on each on my trio. I tried a number of things I hadn't tried before and everything seemed to work well. The GPS number of sats is in the profile not on the heads up, however there is a small bar graph under the GPS icon. The zoom in on video is X3 and scary if you're flying low like I do. I didn't try flight plan. The panorama seemed quicker on processing. I did a few 360 and horizontal. So far it appears to be a decent update.

Last edited:
Reactions: Krusty Geeza
Nice. I need to wait for better weather before I fly but so far I can access my sd card so if some are having issues then most likely just a card problem. My card is the Scandisk Extreme Plus BTW.

Updated with no problems at all on iPhone 8 Plus & iPad Air 2. I quickly tried out the 360 panoramic mode & it does seem a bit better, with far less stitching errors & it was a lot faster to process it. I also captured a quick (fully automated) video fly-by & will have a look at that to see if there's anything different to see there.

Oh, I forgot, I've had constant problems with directly plugging the Anafi into my iMac, so have been retrieving the micro sd card after each use to transfer my images & video by use of the micro to SD card adapter. It worked perfectly this time, just by plugging in the USB-C to USB-3 cable! I'll report back with whether this is a permanent thing or just a lucky once off thing. Fingers crossed it's permanent.

360 Panorama

Last edited:
Now I see these versions:
FF6 v6.4.0 (Android)
FW Anafi v1.4.0
FW Skycontroller 3 v1.4.0
FW Smart Battery v1.0.6.0
Correct?
Was FF6 on iOS also updated to v6.4.0?

FF6 v6.4.0 (Android)
FW Anafi v1.4.0
FW Skycontroller 3 v1.4.0
FW Smart Battery v1.0.6.0
Correct?
Was FF6 on iOS also updated to v6.4.0?

Yes, IOS also v6.4.0. No issues seen, still flys :)
App updates first, then the rest. I’ll swap through each battery while at home and make sure that each Smart Battery updates (if required)

Dirk, my responses are in red.

FF6 v6.4.0 (Android) & iOS
FW Anafi v1.4.0 Yes
FW Skycontroller 3 v1.4.0 Yes
FW Smart Battery v1.0.6.0 ?
Correct? Yes
Was FF6 on iOS also updated to v6.4.0? Yes

Dirk, where did you get the battery FW version? I can't find that in the FF6 app anywhere.

Reactions: Dirk_ANAFI
How does the battery firmware get updated? I have 3 batteries but I haven't figured out how to manually check for battery specific firmware updates.

How does the battery firmware get updated? I have 3 batteries but I haven't figured out how to manually check for battery specific firmware updates.
The batteries have a firmware (actually v1.0.6.0) and are updated when connected to Anafi.

You can watch the battery FW update status on the ANAFI Webserver page:
  • Connect your PC or tablet to Anafi's Wifi access point (SSID: ANAFI-xxxxxx)
  • Open your browser
  • Enter the IP 192.168.42.1
On the page shown open the "Info" tab.

I wonder what the battery update actually did? I might have miss that part reading the updates but it's late and tired and going to bed now.

Reactions: Efliernz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut