Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Zealand source for batteries

Reply from MYNT... yes he can get them - until I asked for a price. Then he said no, unless 100 units were ordered... which isn’t going to happen.

So it comes down to ordering on Ali from a Turkish distributor who will post to NZ... or travel to Oz / ask a mate who is travelling. I’m lucky where mine are in a mates luggage and on the way from Wisconsin right now ?

Spotted on the AliExpress app this afternoon... Anafi batteries! $NZ 200 each but they are at least there.

Weird - I search for Anafi Battery on AliExpress I don’t get that listing - only if I search the exact listing name, or close to. Very expensive and not sure I’d trust third party batteries...

Reactions: Efliernz
Mr G... I just received this email from DroneLabs.
I am tempted to get a 4th pack...

Hi Pete,

We might have a supplier for these batteries! They will cost around $250 each, can you please let me know how many you would like?

Cheers,

Jason

ui

ui
Support
M: + 64 27 324 5495
E: [email protected] | www.DroneLab.co.nz

Reactions: haanswors
So my bro-in-law's mate arrives back from the US of A in AKL this morning with my two batteries... which he chose to put in checked-in luggage, not carry-on. US TSA... no worries. Arrives in AKL and gets asked "any batteries?" and the idiot replies no.
Batteries get removed and confiscated - he goes to domestic terminal and misses his flight... returns to International and gets batteries and a lecture! Duh!!!

Don't lie to customs, always carry batteries as carry-on with your camera and other small electronic items. He's laughing it off... and I get 2 x batteries :) but I think he made it tough for himself :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just got an email from DroneLab after sorting out batteries for myself.

Hi Chris,

We might have a supplier for these batteries! They will cost around $250 each, can you please let me know how many you would like?

Cheers, $250 EACH, ya having a laugh! :LOL:

Exactly what I got too, LOL
For what it’s worth, I said much the same ($250!!) and asked if the were genuine batteries or aftermarket- the response;
No problem, yes these are genuine Parrot Anafi batteries & the more we buy the cheaper it will be the $250 is max price but also takes into account customs chargers & import tax etc. if I can get a few people together we can buy them at a reduced price. Let me know how many you would be keen to purchase then I can sort the confirmed price.”

At least they have attempted to help!

He is trying!
I'm happy to get a pack through them if it helps you guys. Lets face it - they fit in a $3.50-5.00 bubble NZPost bag. If others here are interested, one of us does a bulk-buy and the rest pay that person. What you think? We all want the same thing...

I’m still exploring options out of Australia - maybe Aus$55 courier - across a couple of batteries that makes the AU170 each...(NZ$178)

I see a listing on eBay as well - about NZ$197 each - [Genuine national] ANAFI smart battery P/O 3520410047923 | eBay

If DroneLab could get his price down around $200 then they are in the ball park... I don’t think there’s any need to have one buyer, just email Dronelab and express an interest in how every many batteries you want and see what price point they can get - support @ dronelab.co.nz

Reactions: haanswors
Well, I'm buying some out of the US and using MyUS to deliver. Looks like across two batteries, this will cost me around $175 NZ per battery delivered (assuming weight is more than 500gm hut less than 1kg, and I get charged the 'Dangerous Goods" fee (and that NZ customs doesn't sting me further on arrival)

The basic breakdown for anyone playing along at home, in US$
Batteries $199.98 (Bestbuy - with free delivery in US)
Delivery $ 14.99 (US to NZ)
Dgoods Fee $18.50
Total US$233.47

Using the MasterCard Conversion tool, that comes out to $348.90 NZ including bank fees.

I'll confirm how things go,
Cheers
Neil

Lol Bestbuy immediately cancelled my order - they don’t seem to allow international credit cards, nor do the except PayPal accounts out side of US... swapped to Amazon...

I used Amazon (posted 50 miles to my bro-in-laws) . I looked at Amazon to NZPosts ‘U-Shop’ repacking service (which I’ve used before) but they stressed... no batteries.

Here’s hoping for you.
Yes, looked at YouShop and noted no transport of batteries so have that a miss - good luck!

Batteries arrived today - end actual cost ~NZ$190 per battery.
All up 9 calendar days from order to delivery.
Mix of ordering from parrot.com and shipping through myus.com

Cheers

Neil

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood