Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

PARROT ANAFI REMOTE ALIENTECH ANTENNA MODIFICATION

They quote on their website "2.4ghz is not available as the remote does not use that frequency". Surely that is not true.

From reading his web page you need to send in your remote for this mod (This price is for the remote mod only. Antenna not included )?? If so he is charging one heck of a price at $159 bucks for install. And I don't even see the price of the antenna. LOL
Parrot Anafi Remote ALIENTECH Antenna Modification
Are there any reviews? I like range extenders if they really work!

Here is what he had posted on one of the Anafi facebook groups. Sounds like once he performs the mod you just buy one of the DJI alientech antennas as they are small in size noidea (1).gif

Hey everyone. I just wanted to share what I have started carrying at my store covertdrones.com
I have a parrot anafi mod that I have made that works with a Covert drones alien antenna. It can either work with the non amplified dual band antenna or the 5.8ghz Amplified antenna that I carry in the alientech. I am the only USA dealer of the alientech products so I provide all aftercare warranty stuff. No sending or waiting for stuff overseas. I carry everything in stock needed for this mod and I am located right in Minnesota! The mod for the remote includes the bracket that I make with my 3d printer. The mod runs 159 bucks. If you purchase the mod from me and have me install it I take on your warranty for 2 years against anything I touch or has to do with what I have done. (I've never had to warranty anything to date due to a kit that I have put in a remote and I have done many many remotes dji, autel now parrot). Let me know if you have any questions you can message me or text or call 612-816-0039 happy flying guys and thanks for letting me in! Pictured on the remote is the dual band non amplified antenna!

Reactions: astrex
That's one heck of a mod. How far are you getting with it?

Cheers.

Nobody knows yet. This is just a information post on where it can be bought. The company claims 3 miles and you have to turn back because of low battery. Other then that we are waiting for someone to actually test one out.

He sells the antenna on his page as well. Just not listed as Anafi antenna.

-https://www.covertdrones.com/products/alientech-pro-2-4g-signal-booster-for-dji-drone-mavic-air-spark-phantom-4pro-inspire-2-m200-600
-https://www.covertdrones.com/products/alientech-pro-5-8g-signal-booster-for-dji-drone-mavic-air-spark-phantom-4pro-inspire-2-m200-600
-https://www.covertdrones.com/products/alientech-dou-panel-antenna-for-dji-drones-that-for-spark-mavic-phantom-inspire

I'm also waiting for someone to test. I tried to pin him down to how much the range is extended but sounds like he didn't feel comfortable doing that. It's a lot of money to sink in without even knowing how much further it will make it fly.

Nobody knows yet. This is just a information post on where it can be bought. The company claims 3 miles and you have to turn back because of low battery. Other then that we are waiting for someone to actually test one out.

Fwiw, I've been out to 2.8 miles and landed with 7% battery on stock equipment. So I can't see range being improved, but more so signal quality in urban/suburban areas with lots of interference. Which is still improving range, I'm just talking about max range. They're correct, the battery is a limiter and it is even without the antenna mod.

Last edited:
Reactions: brwatters
Fwiw, I've been out to 2.8 miles and landed with 7% battery on stock equipment. So I can't see range being improved, but more so signal quality in urban/suburban areas with lots of interference. Which is still improving range, I'm just talking about max range. They're correct, the battery is a limiter and it is even without the antenna mod.
Did you get out to 2.8 miles in the country or the city? I live in a suburban residential area and most I could get was about 1500ft. Very disappointing.

It looks like you will need to open up the controller, drill 2 holes in the controller, unsolder the existing antenna and solder on the SMA connectors which then protrude through the comtroller. This will void your warranty but you can then screw on the external antennae.

Last edited:
I did this mod myself for the Disco; wasn't difficult and increased range. Instructions from FPVLR attached for reference.

Attachments

• FPVLR range extender Installation manual for Parrot Disco.pdf
    4 MB · Views: 84
It looks like you will need to open up the controller, drill 2 holes in the controller, unsolder the existing antenna and solder on the SMA connectors which then protrude through the comtroller. This will void your warranty but you can then screw on the external antennae.

Opening the controller case is a snap. (literally, after removing a few screws). You will not have to desolder/solder anything unless you want to. The stock antenna cable Ipex connectors pop off the motherboard, and new cables attached to bulkhead antenna connector of your choice are easily available on the 'net. I am guessing the new cables will need to be 10" to route through to the tip of controller, accounting for extension of the phone holder arm. Yes, you will need to. drill two holes for the external antenna mounts, but then there are a lot of possibilities. For cheap, try the antennas on your wifi router at home. The circular polarizers, panel antennas....etc.

I have seen where people have opened up the controller to remove the weights but I have not yet seen any photos of the phone holder arm having been opened so I do not know how much free space is available for the bulkhead fixings. Have you opened your controller phone holder arm? If so are you able to take some photos of the existing antenna as I am interested as to what they look like.

Yes, I have opened the antenna hood, with trepidation, however I took no photos. Wished I had. I should have my 12" internal cables in a few days and will install the Titan 2.4 panel kit, I will take photos and post at that time. I believe the connectors will fit the Titan at the stock width between the terminals, it will be close. The Titan panel can be opened and the panel connector holes and the t-lock holes can be ovalised with a dremel tool to narrow the distance between and that would place them more centrally in the Anafi phone holder arm where there is more room. But then the panel would not fit my Mavic 2 controller (which does not really need greater range). Basically undo the two screws and slip a dull blade between the seam an carefully pop the two parts apart and work your way around. I stopped on the first attempt and gave up. Tried the next day with a bit more force and was successful.

The stock antennas are black circuit board roughly 1.25cm x2.5cm with a basic antenna circuit, I am sure well calculated however I should think most any external antenna tuned to 2.4 and 5.8ghz would be an improvement. Of course most of the panel antennas are also printed on circuit board so....YMMV. Parrot being a French company, may not have been serious about optimum range, euro restrictions being what they are. But who knows?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame