Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Rain/wetness limit for the Parrot? Also drying if wet..

I would not put it on any part that needs to contact other parts. No point in that. As for covering your drone with it LOL its pretty darn expensive stuff. Have seen the size of the bottle and the price :)

I would not put it on any part that needs to contact other parts. No point in that. As for covering your drone with it LOL its pretty darn expensive stuff. Have seen the size of the bottle and the price :)
True true but if you get it on like with a small paint brush and only have to do it once ever then that is all you need right for the entire drone? Plus it is water proofing it and the gimble. :)

Also so basically if I kept the drone as is not taking it apart...just brush it as best I can inside those copper coils and inside the motor housing deep in there as best as possible right?

And also when you mean no point on the contact parts, you mean it wouldn't do anything anyway or essentially you can, it can help yes but you are just wasting more of the coating product? :)

You are a fountain of knowledge of this stuff Agustine. :O

No it will not help doing it that way, some parts will not benefit from that IMHO.
I will add to this conversation that the Anafi is a pretty tough little bird. As some know my first one spent 3 months up in a pine tree during the Canadian winter. There where rain storms and ice storms near the end before I found it. The day I found it it was a nice sunny day. Brought it into the house and placed it in front of the heat vent to help dry it off although it showed no signs of moisture. About a hour later it fired right back up. It had video but no control for gimble. That proved to be a bad ribbon connection that I solved later on. It still flys like it was new.

Reactions: MightyMuffins
No it will not help doing it that way, some parts will not benefit from that IMHO.
I will add to this conversation that the Anafi is a pretty tough little bird. As some know my first one spent 3 months up in a pine tree during the Canadian winter. There where rain storms and ice storms near the end before I found it. The day I found it it was a nice sunny day. Brought it into the house and placed it in front of the heat vent to help dry it off although it showed no signs of moisture. About a hour later it fired right back up. It had video but no control for gimble. That proved to be a bad ribbon connection that I solved later on. It still flys like it was new.
That is pretty dope.

I may pick up that waterproof coating actually. It would be good to have on the drone incase something insane were to short out motor-wise if I got caught in an unexpected rain when flying. hehe and hey with all the extra I may just paintbrush it on the entire surface. :D It can't hurt it cause the moisture would just run right off.

There are plenty of Youtube videos on the subject. This guy has several products out on his table that will work but goes through them and tells why he does not like them over some others. The ESC's are your main spot you want to coat. The Anafi's ESC's are part of the board so you would have to take the boards out to fully coat them to have any good effect. You also want to be careful around the camera. You don't want this stuff on your camera lens :sneaky:

There are plenty of Youtube videos on the subject. This guy has several products out on his table that will work but goes through them and tells why he does not like them over some others. The ESC's are your main spot you want to coat. The Anafi's ESC's are part of the board so you would have to take the boards out to fully coat them to have any good effect. You also want to be careful around the camera. You don't want this stuff on your camera lens :sneaky:

Ah i see. But in theory you could brush this on the entire drone...like directly into those motor housings without taking it apart.?

Last edited:
I have built several waterproof drones. It would be difficult to make the Anafi truly waterproof but you could make it survive a brief shower. To do it properly would require disassembly. The electronic components could be treated with CorrosionX. The top of the body and battery would need to be covered. Simple electrical tape would do but would need to be replaced with each battery change. You could design a "raincoat" that would cover the top and maybe extend out over the arm hinges, perhaps attached with velcro. Also it could also extend out above the camera to shield it from direct hits by raindrops. The camera would still get wet from forward movement.
The fan is still going to suck moist air into the body but if the electronics inside were coated, they probably would be OK.
Here's a good tutorial about waterproofing electronics:

Reactions: Thanev
I applied Corrosion X to my Anafi battery leads,motors and small cavities throughout the Anafi last September upon purchasing the Anafi.I used a product called Faderlube F5 on the connectors to lubricate them as well.I have not noticed any problems,but I tend to avoid rain regardless.
Please keep in mind this is my PERSONAL experience.Do your research and go with a product you are comfortable with.

Ah i see. But in theory you could brush this on the entire drone...like directly into those motor housings without taking it apart.?
I would not put any conformal coating that sets up hard in the motors. CorrosionX would be OK. The brushless motors are not bothered by water.

I would not put any conformal coating that sets up hard in the motors. CorrosionX would be OK. The brushless motors are not bothered by water.
Good to know. thanks.

I applied Corrosion X to my Anafi battery leads,motors and small cavities throughout the Anafi last September upon purchasing the Anafi.I used a product called Faderlube F5 on the connectors to lubricate them as well.I have not noticed any problems,but I tend to avoid rain regardless.
Please keep in mind this is my PERSONAL experience.Do your research and go with a product you are comfortable with.
I see.

I have many flights on my Anafi in the rain, from a light sprinkle to heavy rain. Not that I want to fly Anafi in the rain but I wanted the shot. I have since purchased a Splash drone but Anafi did well in the rain.

I only had one failure during those flights "vertical camera failure" which went away after a reboot. On this day Anafi got soaked, water was coming out of the battery, gimbal.... but it did not fail.

Last edited:
I was out this morning in light rain, some fog cover and all around misty type of day. The Anafi was wet tad wet but handle it no problem. As long as you do not expect it to fly in a down poor then its all good.

Reading this thread I ask myself if anyone would discuss this theme of using Anafi (lets call it a "flying cam") in rain for his brand new DSLR... ?
And would anyone use tape or Corrosion X on his DSLR in order to use it in rain or under water.
I have no answer ... ?

I have a water proof case for my DSLR so its yes I use it in the rain very often. :)
And for my action cameras that I take underwater. :sneaky:

I have a water proof case for my DSLR so its yes I use it in the rain very often. :)
Ok! ?
I don't have a water proof case for my Anafi (there is no) and for my DSLR.
So I stay away from rain with both cams.

The reason for my post #33 was my astonishment about discussing water resistance limits of a drone, that is not water proof.
Quite senseless ...

Ok! ?
I don't have a water proof case for my Anafi (there is no) and for my DSLR.
So I stay away from rain with both cams.

The reason for my post #33 was my astonishment about discussing water resistance limits of a drone, that is not water proof.
Quite senseless ...
Yes.Like my float planes which sometimes take on water.Unplanned of course.
I don't fly my Anafi in the rain if I can help it.I DO fly it in light fog,keeping it VLOS.But weather changes and I protect what I own.I also fly in the winter and notice condensation as it warms up when I am done.It IS water resistant when I am done treating it.Not waterproof.
Senseless? No.Protecting an investment.Yes.

Yes.Like my float planes which sometimes take on water.Unplanned of course.
I don't fly my Anafi in the rain if I can help it.I DO fly it in light fog,keeping it VLOS.But weather changes and I protect what I own.I also fly in the winter and notice condensation as it warms up when I am done.It IS water resistant when I am done treating it.Not waterproof.
Senseless? No.Protecting an investment.Yes.
Best protection of such a drone is not to use it under not recommended conditions.

I was out this morning in light rain, some fog cover and all around misty type of day. The Anafi was wet tad wet but handle it no problem. As long as you do not expect it to fly in a down poor then its all good.

Nice dude

Always good to have a waterproof case. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut