Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Rain/wetness limit for the Parrot? Also drying if wet..

Augustine's Anafi sat in a tree for 6 months in a Canadian winter and still works fine except for the damage caused by the crash itself. I've seen other videos in light rain or fog with no apparent problems.

However, I would never fly mine deliberately in rain, but it seems that it could handle it. Putting it away wet is an entirely different proposition! If mine got wet in a fast moving shower exactly like I experienced an hour ago, after shutting it off and bringing it inside I would use a hair dryer on low to thoroughly dry it.

With my previous practice drones, crashes into the snow were routine, and I used a Q-tip twisted into a point to suck little beads of water from wherever I could reach in the motor housings. With the Anafi, the only place you could reach with a Q-tip is the top of the motors, and the hair dryer would probably work better. Other areas of concern would be the hinges on the legs and the camera gimbals.
l can handle rain flying no it wasn't a downpour but I flew about 45 feet in the air with winds up to 30 and it was a little scary but it got use to high winds up there really fast this type of drone was made for bad wether just if it had longer arms and bigger blades I would have no complaints at all and wouldn't be scared to take it the 400 something feet in the air

You can also buy USB C (and other size) neoprene plugs to go in the charging port for cell phones and plug into the battery port. They are very low cost. I plug in all my open ports when flying

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caddyb0y