Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Reliable drone even with a complete disconnection from Anafi Thermal to SC3 !!

sibujacob

Reaction score
Hi,

I know I need to upgrade my Antennas as the signal comm. is very poor. It hardly flies distances >190 meters ! I did a flight plan which took around 3.5 KM distance !! It was all warning on the mobile screen while the Anafi was capturing video through the Flight Plan and i couldn't see any video footage especially in broad daylight !! Well my heart started to drum a little bit higher but then I realized to go by the manual as any other pilot would do and to better trust the manual than my own intuition !! :))
The Anafi after completing the flight plan reached home precisely . I can say with confidence, the drone is as good as any top manufacturers . We just need to be careful to inspect the props regularly.

Weblink-------> Aug 22nd, 2020 05:56AM | Sensors | Drone Flight Log from Parrot app, version 1.2 on Andrd | Total Kilometrage: 3,661 m | Kuwait | Airdata UAV

I had an instance with my Anafi where I was using Pix4D Capture on a mapping mission. I had to move to a different vantage point to be able to better observe the Anafi. I paused the flight and quickly ran under a walkway and then around a corner of a building. When I looked up I could not see the Anafi! Yes for those that are going to say I was in violation of 14 CFR Part 107, I was. I felt my heart drop as I could no longer see the Anafi and it had disconnected from Pix4D Capture. I went to check the take off point hoping she returned to home and there she was hovering 15' off the ground. For me the Anafi has been a love hate affair. When she works, she works great, when there's problems they seem to be rather serious in my experience and opinion.

Reactions: jspg and sibujacob
Actually it is done completely thro' flight plan. I did not adjust any speed for the flight plan. I think i saw it as 3
I used Garmin Virbedit to insert the telemetry data. But the gpx information file i got it thro Airdata.

thanks again

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut