Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SanDisk Ultra 128 GB

Dirk_ANAFI

Reaction score
Works, but was not recognized initially.
I had to format it with FAT32 with a special PC formatting tool first after declaring the whole card as one partition.
Then the card was again not recognized in the Anafi, but could be formatted successfully.

I had to format it with FAT32 with a special PC formatting tool first after declaring the whole card as one partition.
Then the card was again not recognized in the Anafi, but could be formatted successfully.

Ya I use my knockoff China GoPro to format the bigger cards. Then the Anafi will let me format it.

Reactions: AnafiPilot
Yes, for formatting SDs > 32 GB with FAT32 I use PC program "AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition 7.0".
Works well.

Last edited:
Hoping someone might put me out of my misery..... Last week I came across an official list of approved SD Cards for the Anafi. I thought it was in the manual, but neen through it several times and I cannot find that **** list. Has anyone else seen it and can link me up? Thanks

Yes, for formatting SDs > 32 GB with FAT32 I use PC program "AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition 7.0".
Works well.

Help, using this programme can I convert the whole card (128GB) to FAT32

Ah got it. Create one small partition with Fat32 and then use the Drone software to reformat the card....Thanks :)

Last edited:
Works well for me too. To format it was simple: standard format exfat with Windows then once inside the Anafi, format by Anafi and that's all.
I have tested several cards like that and it was OK each time

Reactions: pmh1nic
I just put the new 128Gb card into the anafi and formatted it in drone using Freeflight6, no issues what so ever.

Reactions: pmh1nic
I purchased the SanDisk Extreme 256 GB and got it to work with both the Mac and ANAFI. Not exactly sure why it started to work but here is what I experienced.

1) Put the microSD card in the adapter card and inserted into Mac. Disk drive image came up, no problem.
2) Put microSD card into the ANAFI, Card error, had to format card using the FF6 app connected to controller.
3) ANAFI worked was able to video and take pictures.
4)Took card out of ANAFI and inserted it into the Mac again. Problem. Mac did not recognize the card and when hitting the, I believe, inspect button that came up with the error. I was in the disk utility program, where I was able to Erase, First Aid, Restore, etc.
5) took card out put it into the pc laptop, downloaded everything from the card no problem.
6) Put back into Mac, error came up, clicked inspect, than erase, than format exFAT.
7) Put back into the ANAFI, and same problem as above, Repeated this cycle for two days.
8) Than tried to Fomat the microSD card on the Mac with the MS-DOS(FAT), but still ran into problems when going back to the ANAFI.
8) Now when troubleshooting some camera issue with the ANAFI, I took the microSD card out and downloaded what I had to my PC.
9) Put the battery back on the ANAFI with no microSD card and powered on, again trying to resolve an unrelated camera issue.
10) Put the microSD card back into ANAFI and took it for a quick flight to confirm the camera was working.
11) For shits and giggles I took the microSD card into the adapter and inserted into the Mac and the disk drive came up and have no problems now. So long story, format to MS-DOS(FAT) on the Mac, power cycle the drone with no microSD card, than insert the card and it might work.

Unfortunately, the anafi don't recognized the sandisk 128GB card.

I try without success:
  • Format with "AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition 7.0"
  • Format with "AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition 7.0" one partion in 32 GB (maybe is to much. I need the correct byte count)
  • Format with SD Memory Card Formatter
  • Format with Windows 10 disk utility
  • Format on Mac with SD Memory Card Formatter
  • Step11 (MrGoodCat) For shits and giggles I took the microSD card into the adapter and inserted into the Mac and the disk drive came up and have no problems now. So long story, format to MS-DOS(FAT) on the Mac, power cycle the drone with no microSD card, than insert the card and it might work.
Any ideas?

Update:

Step 11 by MrGoodCat doesn‘t work in my situation

Last edited:

I posted this separately - but....

Folks,

I've beat my head against the wall for so long with this it's ridiculous...

First, do yourself a favor and buy a card from the supported list, available here: MicroSD cards compatibility list

Then, if you're like me - you place the card into the drone, and you get a SD card error, and when you are taken to the gallery - there is no option to format (my cards were SanDisk Ultra 128GB)

Solution is simple, yet, frustrating...

1. Put the original SD card that came with the Anafi into the drone and power everything up (Controller, Tablet or phone, drone)
  2. from the FreeFlight6 menu go to Gallery>SD Card>Format - STOP THERE
  3. Power down JUST THE DRONE
  4. Remove the Original SD Card
  5. Insert New SD Card
  6. Power on the drone
  7. When the light on the controller is solid green, do a full format of the new card
  8. Repeat from step 3, if you have multiple cards to format .... if not - GO FLY!!
Let me know if this works for you.

Best solution ever. Thanks a lot CTF1414!!!! I spent a lot of time to format cards on so many devices. But i solution work in unser 5 minutes. I‘m so happy! Thx thx thx

Last edited:
Reactions: DroningSermon
I have had problems with my SanDisk Extreme being recognized in my MacBookPro after shooting but downloads fine into my phone using the adaptor. Never had a problem with the slower SanDisk Ultra so just use those,
I buy the two packs at Costco.

I posted this separately - but....

Folks,

I've beat my head against the wall for so long with this it's ridiculous...

First, do yourself a favor and buy a card from the supported list, available here: MicroSD cards compatibility list

Then, if you're like me - you place the card into the drone, and you get a SD card error, and when you are taken to the gallery - there is no option to format (my cards were SanDisk Ultra 128GB)

Solution is simple, yet, frustrating...

1. Put the original SD card that came with the Anafi into the drone and power everything up (Controller, Tablet or phone, drone)
  2. from the FreeFlight6 menu go to Gallery>SD Card>Format - STOP THERE
  3. Power down JUST THE DRONE
  4. Remove the Original SD Card
  5. Insert New SD Card
  6. Power on the drone
  7. When the light on the controller is solid green, do a full format of the new card
  8. Repeat from step 3, if you have multiple cards to format .... if not - GO FLY!!
Let me know if this works for you.
Thanks for sharing the list. It's interesting that per SanDisk's website the ONLY microSD card that writes at 100mb/s (Anafi 4k speed right?) is the SANDISK Extreme Pro MicroSDXC UHS-II Card. Some of the others have up to 90mb/s write speed and others are even slower.

So I'm wondering how would those other SanDisk cards on the list be able to work with the Anafi when in 4K mode?

Anybody have an explanation?

Cheers

SANDISK EXTREME PRO MICROSDXC UHS-II CARD

All I know is that that SanDisk Extreme Pro Micro SDXC card will work in 4K video flawlessly. I chose not to experiment with slower cards. The list is not perfect.

Hey Rocky,

Thanks for sharing. If you go by the SanDisk cards' specs it would appear that the Extreme Pro is the only SanDisk card that should work assuming the card must have a write speeds at 100mb/s.

Maybe my understanding (write speed must = 100mbps) is wrong? Or maybe the other SanDisk cards are slightly underspec'd? Or maybe the Anafi camera when in 4k mode doesn't write at 100mb/s?

Maybe someone else might know the answer?

Cheers

Check out this new post: Small benchmark to several microSD cards - SanDisk, Samsung, Transcend

I assume that the 64Mb Samsung card would have similar specs as to write speed.

Interesting...thanks for sharing that test with me. Those test show that none of the cards are getting anything close to 100mb/s write speeds. So I can only conclude one of several things.

1) Those tests (for some reason) in the post are not reflective of the true write speed of the card? OR
2) A write speed of 100mbp/s is not required for it to work with the with the Anafi?

In any case I'll stick to the cards that are "certified" by Parrot to work with the Anafi....but it is a point of curiosity for me.

Cheers

Last edited:
Interesting...thanks for sharing that test with me. Those test show that none of the cards are getting anything close to 100mb/s write speeds. So I can only conclude one of several things.

1) Those tests (for some reason) in the post are not reflective of the true write speed of the card? OR
2) A write speed of 100mbp/s is not required for it to work with the with the Anafi?

In any case I'll stick to the cards that are "certified" by Parrot to work with the Anafi....but it is a point of curiosity for me.

Cheers
I believe that the comparison with the "de facto" standard Industrial SanDisk card is the benchmark. That is why I've included it.

I did not mention on the card benchmark, but the MacBook Pro card reader is attached to the PCI interface so it is as fast as you can get, and the cards performance are really what is being measured.

I got very similar results, with a very fancy USB3 card reader from Sandisk while connected to a Windows PC, copying several videos (4GB each) to and from the internal SSD drive.

Yes, I've left the Anafi recording 4k video for over an hour (landed of course :) )

And regarding 2) I really don't think 100M cards are required....but YMMV

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame