Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SD Card Error After UPDATE TO NEW APP/FW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ud6Eoe2k

Reaction score
the SD card error that has been around since the beginning of Anafi just got worse!

previously you could at least format the card in the app.

But now they removed the "Format SD Card" from the new app (6.4.0)!

So formatting the card in your computer won't fix it

Brick!

I think you need to give more information about your device/ cards you are using. I still can format via the app.

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
the SD card error that has been around since the beginning of Anafi just got worse!

Brick!
No, formatting is still possible.
Pls. choose a less lurid thread title!

Brick!
No problems for me formatting with the new app!

Works perfectly with any micro SD cards I have already formatted in the Anafi prior to the most recent FW upgrade. Does not work with any micro SD cards you may reformat with your computer after the upgrade.

Last edited:
Works perfectly.

Where do you find the FORMAT SD CARD button?

More info:

iPhone X iOS 12.1.4 (latest)
Free Flight App 6.4.0 (latest)
Drone 1.4.0 (latest)
Controller 1.4.1 (latest)

I cannot find the FORMAT SD CARD button

On the home screen there is a message showing a SD Card icon with "Error".

If I click on that message, it takes me to Gallery.

This is where the FORMAT SD CARD used to be located.

I cannot find the FORMAT SD CARD button

On the home screen there is a message showing a SD Card icon with "Error".

If I click on that message, it takes me to Gallery.

This is where the FORMAT SD CARD used to be located.

I am withdrawing my previous comment of response as I now have tested this out & found it to be the case too.

Using 2 spare micro SD cards, I formatted them on my iMac, one to FAT32 & the other to ExFAT. Neither of them is possible to be reformatted in the Anafi & I get the same exact screenshots as @Ud6Eoe2k shares below!

This is indeed a thing! :eek:

Last edited:
I suspect that you are looking at the "Local" view rather than the "SD card" view within the gallery.

Follow the yellow circles I have marked here & you will get there.

The SD card error message, may indicate that you need to fully format the micro SD card within the Freeflight 6 app, not just do a quick format. It may also possibly indicate the need to format the card in ExFAT format, not FAT32.

Thanks Krusty,
  • Tech support had me reset the drone (press/hold power button till LEDs are red)
  • I deleted and reinstalled the app--same thing.
  • Error didn't go away, even with different SD Card

Here are my screen shots:

I touch the "Error" and go to the next screen--it doesn't have tabs SD Card and Local

I tried a different blank card--SanDisk Extreme 32GB, formatted to FAT32. Same error.

Something must be wrong with my drone.

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
I’m having exactly the same issues. Tried multiple cards from Sandisk and all the same SD cars error.... it’s so annoying.... these cards are brand new and yet I get the error, despite them working perfectly in my GoPro

Most cards must be pre-formatted with FAT32 with a PC or laptop.
Then the card must be formatted again in Anafi.

Reactions: Ross
As the OP mentioned, when I insert the card there isn’t an option to format it. When I click on the SD Card Error message it takes me to the gallery screen, no option to format.

I can format the card in my Mac laptop or desktop.... but again when entered in the drone, same error

As the OP mentioned, when I insert the card there isn’t an option to format it. When I click on the SD Card Error message it takes me to the gallery screen, no option to format.

I can format the card in my Mac laptop or desktop.... but again when entered in the drone, same error

What type of phone or tablet?

Most cards must be pre-formatted with FAT32 with a PC or laptop.
Then the card must be formatted again in Anafi.
There must be a difference between Mac & Windows in regards to this, as I am on a Mac system & if I format the micro SD cards to FAT32 they are never recognised! If however, I format them as ExFAT they are instantly recognised & able to be formatted by the Anafi.

Quick question,did you get new anafi?

Brand new, I have 4 different SD cards. The original from Parrot & 3 Sandisk. Only the parrot card and 1 Sandisk work, the other 2 despite being brand new don’t work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame