Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SD Card Error After UPDATE TO NEW APP/FW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok used the formatting SD app, no difference at all. Still the same error...

But in other news, no need to now try and fix the card error issue, I’ve just accidentally snapped the card so.... I will order a new one...

Annoying

View attachment 1304

I am almost certain that the Sandisk Ultra SD card you are displaying a picture of is a fake fabricated card. The Sandisk Ultra SD card should look like what you see in the picture here in the link:

Try to test the card for whether it is a 64 GB card in one of the programs written to find the fake SD cards.

Regards Leif.

I am almost certain that the Sandisk Ultra SD card you are displaying a picture of is a fake fabricated card. The Sandisk Ultra SD card should look like what you see in the picture here in the link:

Try to test the card for whether it is a 64 GB card in one of the programs written to find the fake SD cards.

Regards Leif.

I bought it from Sandisk on Amazon, directly from them.... anyway, it’s now snapped in half, so it’s in the bin

Just an experiment. I just inserted an SD card that not only was never formatted in the Anafi (all current updates), it was just in and formatted to my EVO.
As expected, when I powered up the Anafi with that card in it, it gave the " sd card error" I was able to go into the sd card's menu and perform a full format in the app and all seems good! So the plot thickens!

I bought it from Sandisk on Amazon, directly from them.... anyway, it’s now snapped in half, so it’s in the bin

It sounds to me as it is a false Sandisk seller /company.

A shame you can't test the SD card for its authenticity now !!! ?

Regards, Leif.

Why ?

No one will pay Microsoft license fees. ;)

Regards, Leif.
I'm not confused because of license aspects.

I think that many points in this thread do not match:
ExFAT readable in Anafi or not?
ExFAT format done on MAC usable in Anafi?
Only FAT32 is the correct formatting for Anafi (as known since the beginning and always mentioned by Parrot...)?
So some reports in this thread are contradictory here.

I'm not confused because of license aspects.

I think that many points in this thread do not match:

ExFAT readable in Anafi or not?

ExFAT format done on MAC usable in Anafi?

Only FAT32 is the correct formatting for Anafi (as known since the beginning and always mentioned by Parrot...)?

So some reports in this thread are contradictory here.

1. Anafi cannot feel or format an SD card formatted in exFAT the last time I tried three months ago.

2. A MAC should not at all read, write or format exFAT without third party software or drivers.

3. Yes correct. Use an SD card formatted in FAT32 and it is only defective, fake and too slow SD cards that should hinder the use of the card in Anafi.

Now I have tried for the second time to correct those misunderstandings. Then others have to tell me if they think I'm wrong. ;)

Regards, Leif.

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
Leif,
I believe every word you say and -as far as I know- your words are true. :geek:

But: what is the deeper sense of this thread? :unsure:

I read somewhere but not sure as I am not a Mac user that macOS High Sierra is native support of exFAT for read/write and format without any issue. Thought I read that someplace. :unsure:

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
Leif,
I believe every word you say and -as far as I know- your words are true. :geek:

But: what is the deeper sense of this thread? :unsure:

Thanks ****.

I suppose someone have problems with their SD card. But we have seen so many times that the problems may not even be related to the headline. We must live with that. :geek:

Regards, Leif.

I read somewhere but not sure as I am not a Mac user that macOS High Sierra is native support of exFAT for read/write and format without any issue. Thought I read that someplace. :unsure:

Now I'm not MAC owner either. My information I have from 3-4 years back where SDXC came down to a price point that people could pay. Then a MAC could not do anything with exFAT for people's great frustration.

Do you know what yer macOS High Sierra came up with exFAT support ?

Regards, Leif.

I tried to find some information on it but this is all I found for now. Not sure on how accurate the information is but seems to be up to date.

I tried to find some information on it but this is all I found for now. Not sure on how accurate the information is but seems to be up to date.

Those information has been written less than six months ago. It doesn't say anything about when exFAT came to MAC OS. ?

Regards, Leif.

Has anybody tried SDFormater? Its a little program made by the SDcard people. It is strongly recommended to use the SD Memory Card Formatter to format SD/SDHC/SDXC Cards rather than using formatting tools provided with individual operating systems. In general, formatting tools provided with operating systems can format various storage media including SD/SDHC/SDXC Cards, but it may not be optimized for SD/SDHC/SDXC Cards and it may result in lower performance.

You hit the ball out of the park with that suggestion, @Agustine ! It worked perfectly on the initial Parrot 16GB disk that came with the Anafi, which I couldn't get the Mac to make usable. :)

Here's what I got as a screenshot of my trying out this micro SD card after formatting in this SDFormatter app!

Interestingly, the "Local" screen does have the same warning as was shared by @Ud6Eoe2k above. This can be seen in this quick screen-recording I did of my using the Freeflight 6 app, with a freshly formatted micro SD card, using the SDFormatter app that @Agustine suggested.

I found that ExFAT came with 10.6.6 (Snow Leopard) in 2009.
Source: How to Format SD Cards on Mac | Have Camera Will Travel

Yes it to read under "Things to Know". Then I have errors in what I say about a MAC. I can apologize for the fact that the information I have given is from what I was Google 4-5 years ago when I couldn't get an Android tablet to work with a 64 GB SD card formatted in exFAT.

Found this article on the topic but it is slightly newer: High capacity microSD cards and Android - Gary explains

Regards, Leif.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critinator