Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SD Card Error After UPDATE TO NEW APP/FW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not confused because of license aspects.

I think that many points in this thread do not match:
ExFAT readable in Anafi or not?
ExFAT format done on MAC usable in Anafi?
Only FAT32 is the correct formatting for Anafi (as known since the beginning and always mentioned by Parrot...)?
So some reports in this thread are contradictory here.
ExFAT, formatted on my iMac is still readable by the Anafi, but, it is a 64GB disk & the recommendation from the SD card authority themselves is to format everything above 32GB as ExFAT.

The card I formatted late last night before bed using the SDFormatter app as suggested by @Agustine in this thread worked perfectly for my iMac & the Anafi to recognise & use it. It's the original 16GB disc that came with the Anafi & is formatted to FAT32.

I will try with a 32GB micro SD card & see what happens & what format it is written as, then share that here in a while.

Okay, testing out the SD Card Formatter app on a Mac got these working card results:
  • 32GB Verbatim Pro Ultra 3 - FAT32
  • 32GB SanDisk Extreme Pro Ultra 3 - FAT32
Helping to clarify @Dirk_ANAFI 's query above, here's what has happened with my 64GB cards, which I just checked the full details for on the iMac:
  • Formatted as ExFAT back in early January on my iMac, well before the FF6 6.4.0 update
  • Formatted them fully in the Anafi
  • They are both FAT32 format, according to the iMac! Which explains the video files all breaking at around 4.21GB.
So, it looks like the Anafi reformats everything as FAT32.

How my ExFAT formatted cards were recognised by the Anafi, allowing them to be formatted by it, but aren't now is still a mystery to me, sorry Dirk! :unsure:

See here Alex. I just formatted the SDXC card from Anafi in exFAT. It gives the red icon of one's SD card in FF6 which you have to reformat. After reformatting, the SDXC card is formatted as FAT32 again.

Regards, Leif.

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
View attachment 1308

View attachment 1309

See here Alex. I just formatted the SDXC card from Anafi in exFAT. It gives the red icon of one's SD card in FF6 which you have to reformat. After reformatting, the SDXC card is formatted as FAT32 again.

Regards, Leif.
That's weird that it won't recognise them when done on a Mac! It used to, my 2 x 64GB disks were formatted as ExFAT initially in early January. I've now tried on 2 MacBook Pro's as well this morning & it refuses to recognise them in the Anafi, regardless of whether they are formatted as ExFAT or FAT32.

If I use the SD Card Formatter app, they work perfectly though. Weird! :oops:

Last edited:
That's weird that it won't recognise them when done on a Mac! It used to, my 2 64GB disks were formatted as ExFAT initially in early January. I've now tried on 2 MacBook Pro's as well this morning & it refuses to recognise them in the Anafi, regardless of whether they are formatted as ExFAT or FAT32.

If I use the SD Card Formatter app, they work perfectly though. Weird! :oops:

Yes, it's strange Alex. I also have no idea what goes wrong. But then it's good you have the original SD Card Formatter program that works.

Regards, Leif.

Things are enligthened here!
Good forum, good users! ?

Last question:
Are there any changes in dealing with SD cards since the new update 6.4.0/1.4.0?
My impression: No.

Things are enligthened here!
Good forum, good users! ?

Last question:
Are there any changes in dealing with SD cards since the new update 6.4.0/1.4.0?
My impression: No.
Enlightened! That must be referring to Leif & Agustine! I'm a troglodite through & through... :ROFLMAO:

No changes, unless you use a Mac! Then you now need to format your cards with the SD Card Formatter app if they haven't already been formatted in the Anafi. ;)

Oh, I as a non-native English speaking man had to google "troglodite". :eek:
That's "Höhlenmensch" in my language ...
I would never ever call someone that way (but are we not all troglodites??).
Of course I also ment you with "enligthened"! ?

Conclusion:
  • nothing changed with SD cards
  • MAC users have to use a formatting app (NEW!)

Oh, I as a non-native English speaking man had to google "troglodite". :eek:
That's "Höhlenmensch" in my language ...
I would never ever call someone that way (but are we not all troglodites??).
Of course I also ment you with "enligthened"! ?

Conclusion:
  • nothing changed with SD cards
  • MAC users have to use a formatting app (NEW!)
It's okay Dirk, I refer to myself as a caveman because of my limitations with certain technologies & my lack of involvement with social media. ;)

Love your summary!

Original poster here.

Here is the point/conclusion of this entire thread:

A Macintosh cannot seem to format a SD card correctly for ANAFI, you must use Windows to format it FAT32.

The old app/FW version allowed you to get around this by showing SD Error and letting you format the SD Card directly.

The new App/FW no longer allows this workaround—format is not available when SD Error is displayed.

It was possible before, but not now.

Original poster here.

A Macintosh cannot seem to format a SD card correctly for ANAFI, you must use Windows to format it FAT32.
That is not actually true at all.

You can use a Mac, but need to use an app to do the formatting for you that isn't a part of the operating system, but is available for free on the internet.

I know there have been a lot of responses in this thread, but if you take the time to read through them you will find a workable solution for Mac users.

Original poster here.

The old app/FW version allowed you to get around this by showing SD Error and letting you format the SD Card directly.

The new App/FW no longer allows this workaround—format is not available when SD Error is displayed.

It was possible before, but not now.

Use this formatting tools: SD Memory Card Formatter 5.0 for SD/SDHC/SDXC

EDIT: ****, I can see the possibility of formatting an SDXC card in FAT32 unfortunately is removed from the new version of the SD Association formatting program. I have written to the SD Association and asked them to make the old version of the program available because there are still many Android/Linux devices that can only use the FAT 32 with SDXC cards.

Good luck, regards Leif.

Last edited:
I have the same problem following the update. iPhone 8. Tried the usual resets/reinstalls, no change.

Just wondering if anyone has found a solution for this issue? Here's was my experience today
  1. Inserted a brand new out of the package (purchased from Best Buy) SanDisk Extreme Plus 128GB into the Anafi and received the SD error message. Getting the same Gallery screen in the app as prior posts mention.
  2. Downloaded and used the mentioned SD Memory Card Formatter software to reformat card. Inserted reformatted card into drone and still getting error.
  3. Used Partition Magic software to reformat the SD card to FAT32. Still getting error.
At this point I assume I'm I just out of luck until an app update is (hopefully soon) released which corrects the missing in app formatting option.

I have the same problem, I have talked to Parrot support, and I have come to this conclusion:

Anafi is coded to efficiently write its video and stills to fat32 formatted cards. In previous editions (up to and including 6.4.0) Parrot included a formatting tool. This tool created fat32 cards greater than 32GB specifically for the Anafi. With the introduction of FF 6.4.1 that tool was removed. Unfortunately all cards greater than 32GB come preformatted as either exfat, NTFS, or a fat32 format that is somehow incompatible with the Anafi. With 6.4.0 I had two 64Gb cards that performed quite well. I could capture 4K and only change cards when I had used all three batteries. Shortly after 6.4.1, I lost one card and accidentally formatted the other in a windows laptop as an exfat. I was unable to get the Anafi to recognize any card over 32GB. I then switched to an android tablet that still had 6.4.0 and Violà I was able to format my 64Gb cards in the Anafi and the Anafi recognizes them. sdcard.org format tool v5 only performs exfat and ntfs partitions. Other formatting tools will format high capacity >32GB as fat32 but the Anafi will not recognize them.

Parrot needs to:
  1. Reintroduce the formatting tool
  2. Provide a link to a third party program,
  3. Provide the specific fat32 settings that the Anafi will recognize. OR
  4. Recode the Anafi to accept exfat cards.
The only other option is to purchase cards smaller than 32GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh