Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SD Card Format Issue - SOLVED!

CTF1414

Reaction score
Folks,

I've beat my head against the wall for so long with this it's ridiculous...

First, do yourself a favor and buy a card from the supported list, available here: MicroSD cards compatibility list

Then, if you're like me - you place the card into the drone, and you get a SD card error, and when you are taken to the gallery - there is no option to format (my cards were SanDisk Ultra 128GB)

Solution is simple, yet, frustrating...

1. Put the original SD card that came with the Anafi into the drone and power everything up (Controller, Tablet or phone, drone)
  2. from the FreeFlight6 menu go to Gallery>SD Card>Format - STOP THERE
  3. Power down JUST THE DRONE
  4. Remove the Original SD Card
  5. Insert New SD Card
  6. Power on the drone
  7. When the light on the controller is solid Blue, do a full format of the new card
  8. Repeat from step 3, if you have multiple cards to format .... if not - GO FLY!!
Let me know if this works for you.

CTF

Thanks again. This worked for me after several hours of trying other methods that didn't work.

Never had this problem with 64gb . I will get a error that new card need full formatting however, after responding works fine.

I have had problems with the type of card. I use Amplim MicroSD XC V30 A1 has 667X 100MB/S Ultra HD 4k on all my drones seem reliable

I too have been very frustrated with this!, I'll try it when I get home from the grindstone, the 64gb card I have is on the compatibility list, one question though, does the new card need to be preformatted as a FAT32?

Never paid attention to that the Parrot software re formats as needed. I have a couple instance were I had to let it reformat a couple times because it was not recognized first time. I also never remove the
SD card. I read all files via USB.

Folks,

First, do yourself a favor and buy a card from the supported list, available here: MicroSD cards compatibility list

Then, if you're like me - you place the card into the drone, and you get a SD card error, and when you are taken to the gallery - there is no option to format (my cards were SanDisk Ultra 128GB)

1. Put the original SD card that came with the Anafi into the drone and power everything up (Controller, Tablet or phone, drone)
  5. Insert New SD Card
  6. Power on the drone
  7. When the light on the controller is solid Blue, do a full format of the new card
  8. Repeat from step 3, if you have multiple cards to format .... if not - GO FLY!!

CTF
Big props from me! Great solution! Tried it and it worked for me, can’t thank you enough ??

Reactions: Wezsh0T
Folks,

5. Insert New SD Card
  6. Power on the drone

CTF

Thank you it work for my new 128Go

I think I found that solution by dumb luck. Sometimes it's better to be luck than smart.

I just formated a 256GB OV Pro card via the Anafi no problem.

Folks,

5. Insert New SD Card
  6. Power on the drone

CTF
Since updating to FF6 6.4.2 I have had problems with my micro SD cards not being able to be read by my Mac's, regardless of plugging in the Anafi to read them or using a SD card adapter to read them. I have been transferring to my Linux laptop, then on to a USB stick, then to my iMac. How convoluted is that? :rolleyes:

I just discovered that I can no longer format my micro SD cards using the official SD card formatter any more & that was the source of my woes!

What worked for me was to erase & repartition the micro SD cards in my iMac as FAT32 format using Disk Utility, then following through @CTF1414 's instructions in the first message but stopping at step 7! You need to do a "Quick Format" in the Anafi, if you do a "Full Format" in the Anafi it will not be able to be read by a Mac... :eek:

I now have my collection of micro SD cards all able to be read by my Mac's (laptops & desktops). :)

Last edited:
Folks,

5. Insert New SD Card
  6. Power on the drone

CTF
It did with my Samsung EVO Plus U1

Thanks so much for the help on this guys - its been bugging me endlessly.... I made a short video after the full details were posted

Reactions: dmbrody
Since updating to FF6 6.4.2 I have had problems with my micro SD cards not being able to be read by my Mac's, regardless of plugging in the Anafi to read them or using a SD card adapter to read them. I have been transferring to my Linux laptop, then on to a USB stick, then to my iMac. How convoluted is that? :rolleyes:

I just discovered that I can no longer format my micro SD cards using the official SD card formatter any more & that was the source of my woes!

What worked for me was to erase & repartition the micro SD cards in my iMac as FAT32 format using Disk Utility, then following through @CTF1414 's instructions in the first message but stopping at step 7! You need to do a "Quick Format" in the Anafi, if you do a "Full Format" in the Anafi it will not be able to be read by a Mac... :eek:

I now have my collection of micro SD cards all able to be read by my Mac's (laptops & desktops). :)

I'm having an issue with using my formatted card on my mac, as soon as I insert it in my machine, it says that the disk isn't readable, which I suspect is similar to what you were seeing. I'm trying to follow your instructions but the partition icon on disk utility is greyed out and won't let me create. Is there any way to fix this?

I've tried formatting the sd card a number of times, but no difference, any ideas?

J

@Kuffdam When you are in Disk Utility are you choosing to Erase & as MS-DOS (FAT) ?

I have done that on all the various Mac's here & it has then worked properly in the Anafi to follow the instructions from there.

If it doesn't work for you from there, check if there is an update available in the App Store, by searching for Freeflight 6, sometimes it doesn't update itself or show as an update under the Updates section of the App Store, which is a bit weird in itself. Hopefully that gets you to working controls again.

@Kuffdam When you are in Disk Utility are you choosing to Erase & as MS-DOS (FAT) ?

I have done that on all the various Mac's here & it has then worked properly in the Anafi to follow the instructions from there.

If it doesn't work for you from there, check if there is an update available in the App Store, by searching for Freeflight 6, sometimes it doesn't update itself or show as an update under the Updates section of the App Store, which is a bit weird in itself. Hopefully that gets you to working controls again.

Amazing, this has fixed it
Followed your info, tested it and it’s worling perfectly... thanks again

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
Folks,

5. Insert New SD Card
  6. Power on the drone

CTF
Thanks. Now it works.
I just have a reading problem on my Mac.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame