Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Show Anafi Log Project

I recently had an 'incident' where my Anafi decided to auto land, in water, at battery level 16%! (or so it says). I have recovered the drone and had a look at the JSON file in the hope of seeing the battery ID, as I have two, but I can't see anything.

Can anyone confirm that the battery ID is just not there or is it encoded somewhere?

I intend to write a post about my incident, if anyone is interested.

Thanks

I recently had an 'incident' where my Anafi decided to auto land, in water, at battery level 16%! (or so it says). I have recovered the drone and had a look at the JSON file in the hope of seeing the battery ID, as I have two, but I can't see anything.

Can anyone confirm that the battery ID is just not there or is it encoded somewhere?

Thanks
there is a new mod available in the forum where FF6 indicates the battery voltage for pilot to take action on seeing a battery variation.

Reactions: bryanwadd

Thanks

Are you running FF6 on an Android phone? If so FF6 logs telemetry data with battery voltage and other environmental data points.

PM and I can help with retrieving the data.

The battery ID is in the meta data of the FDR files. JSON log has the UUID for the flight. With this UUID you will find the related FDR file. ShowAnafiLog will extract the battery data for you from FDR file.
Please have a look into the manual PDF.

br HE

Are you running FF6 on an Android phone? If so FF6 logs telemetry data with battery voltage and other environmental data points.

Hi AnafiPilot,

Could you teach me how to find this information please? THX.

Reactions: JCamilo
@AnafiPilot1 i might need to send you another log to analyse if thats ok? I had a complete drop from the sky on a the "good" battery but to be honest i did ignore the warnings for low battery temperature and auto landing(which it wasnt doing). Luckily it fell in deep snow so no damage :)

it was only -4 :rolleyes:

1609252832807.png

Last edited:
The battery ID is in the meta data of the FDR files. JSON log has the UUID for the flight. With this UUID you will find the related FDR file. ShowAnafiLog will extract the battery data for you from FDR file.

br HE
I have version 1.6 of 11/2020 installed. I read the manual but I couldn't find what I need. In UUID how do I find the battery number? In the columns of the 'Log Data' view, where do I see the voltage?Log.JPG

@AnafiPilot1 i might need to send you another log to analyse if thats ok? I had a complete drop from the sky on a the "good" battery but to be honest i did ignore the warnings for low battery temperature and auto landing(which it wasnt doing). Luckily it fell in deep snow so no damage :)

it was only -4 :rolleyes:

View attachment 5262

Yes PM me the file. I will have a look.

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately this does not work for me, nothing is shown in the green box even though I have set the correct location for the FDR files. If I search the bin file for the UUID, or part of it, then nothing is found so I guess that is the problem?

However, I have found the battery serial number in the .bin files directly so now I have identified my two batteries.

Thanks

I have identified the serial numbers of my batteries now by looking in the .bin files. Thanks.

I have version 1.6 of 11/2020 installed. I read the manual but I couldn't find what I need. In UUID how do I find the battery number? In the columns of the 'Log Data' view, where do I see the voltage?View attachment 5263

You don't see the battery voltage, you see the percentage charge which is the battery level column.

You need to copy the FDR folder from your memory card to your computer and tell ShowAnafiLogs where that folder is in the Meta data tab, then click Find UUID button. The app should search the .bin files in the FDR folder for matching UUIDs, and display additional meta data found in .bin files. However, this is not working for me.

You can look in the .bin files directly, using notepad (or similar on a Mac) and search for smartbattery.serial. The battery serial number is the next set of alphanumeric characters after smartbattery.serial and it always on the next line for me, and for my batteries contains 9 characters. It will look something like this C8G099750

Hope that helps

I have version 1.6 of 11/2020 installed. I read the manual but I couldn't find what I need. In UUID how do I find the battery number? In the columns of the 'Log Data' view, where do I see the voltage?

Attachments

• Log.JPG
    Log.JPG
    220.1 KB · Views: 12
I have version 1.6 of 11/2020 installed. I read the manual but I couldn't find what I need. In UUID how do I find the battery number? In the columns of the 'Log Data' view, where do I see the voltage?
I have replied to your questions, see above. If there is something in my answer you don't understand, please ask, thanks.

You don't see the battery voltage, you see the percentage charge which is the battery level column.

You need to copy the FDR folder from your memory card to your computer and tell ShowAnafiLogs where that folder is in the Meta data tab, then click Find UUID button. The app should search the .bin files in the FDR folder for matching UUIDs, and display additional meta data found in .bin files. However, this is not working for me.

You can look in the .bin files directly, using notepad (or similar on a Mac) and search for smartbattery.serial. The battery serial number is the next set of alphanumeric characters after smartbattery.serial and it always on the next line for me, and for my batteries contains 9 characters. It will look something like this C8G099750

Hope that helps
Thanks. I can't find the FDR folder, I can't find anything .bin on android, is this the name of the folder? After all on android devices, where does Freeflight 6 save flight files? A good year !!!

Thanks. I can't find the FDR folder, I can't find anything .bin on android, is this the name of the folder? After all on android devices, where does Freeflight 6 save flight files? A good year !!!

The FDR folder is located on the SD Card in Drone... not on you android device
You can open by connecting drone to computer with cable same as you do to retrieve media off card
You will see two folders on card - DCIM and FDR
Bin files are in the FDR

The FDR folder is on the micro-SD card in the Anafi. It does not exist on your phone.
The FDR folder is on the micro-SD card in the Anafi. It does not exist on your phone.
Thanks, happy year, in the root ?, i do not found any folder FDR

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320