Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Show Anafi Log Project

hi,

firstly thank you for this tool, helps some one with really no knowledge get some insight.

sadly i have owned my anafi for 2 weeks (used off ebay) and i have taken it on a few flights. just over the weekend I was at a beach with some mates and took it in the air. it was only 1 min in when it just dropped from the sky and the rear right leg is completely gone. lucky for me the gimbal and camera is all good.

The error below just say auto power off, but i haven't got a clue why and what caused this, as am scared it will happen again post repairing the leg.

i have attached a screenshot and the log file, but will appericiate any help - thank you.

Attachments

• Screen_Log data_1.png
    Screen_Log data_1.png
    136 KB · Views: 28
  • 0914_2020-07-24T165159+0100_974090_000B.json
    157.2 KB · Views: 17
I am trying to analyse a crash log for user jbuy41and the "Charts attitude" graph appears to have lost the nomenclature for the lines. Only the "Forward Speed" has a title. Is it just me or does anybody else have this problem. I am on Windows 10 using version 1.6 05/2020 of the software.

View attachment 4619
There were a lot of problems with nomenclature on the bottom. With LINUX it did not work at all. That's why I have put it now on the right sid of the chart. It takes a bit room away from the chart but it is more stable. There is a slider between chart and nomenclature where you can make it larger or smaller.

br HE

Reactions: Liger 1956
I have the latest version it works on Win 10 Pro as described above by h-elsner.

hi,

firstly thank you for this tool, helps some one with really no knowledge get some insight.

sadly i have owned my anafi for 2 weeks (used off ebay) and i have taken it on a few flights. just over the weekend I was at a beach with some mates and took it in the air. it was only 1 min in when it just dropped from the sky and the rear right leg is completely gone. lucky for me the gimbal and camera is all good.

The error below just say auto power off, but i haven't got a clue why and what caused this, as am scared it will happen again post repairing the leg.

i have attached a screenshot and the log file, but will appericiate any help - thank you.
There is no idication why the drone did emergency shutdown. Normally it is a security feature when somthing came into the propeller. But it was only 10m away from you and you have been seen when there was obstacle. If you didn't saw a bird or something like that (and I guess you didn't) then only Parrot may help. I would also save the FDR files for that case and sent it to them.

br HE

PS: May I ask you to create an own thread for problems. This one is for the tool itself. It will get confusing if a lot of different Anafi problem will appear here. Thanks.

Reactions: Hairo
TAS= true air speed

Link works, I have tested that. Check you Ubuntu for download filter or firewall issues. Are you looking into the right folder?
Or use the github link: h-elsner/showanafilog

br HE

Reactions: sibujacob
I've recently had an auto landing issue with 70% battery but the flight wasn't recorded in the app but i have the bin files from the sd card, is there anyway to look at the flight?

I've recently had an auto landing issue with 70% battery but the flight wasn't recorded in the app but i have the bin files from the sd card, is there anyway to look at the flight?

Unfortunately no there is not a way to read those files. Your Anafi needs to power on and probably with the motors spinning to record a new fight which in turn will upload your auto landing flight. It is really to bad how Parrot has this set up. Crashed flights never get recorded which is a shame.

Unfortunately no there is not a way to read those files. Your Anafi needs to power on and probably with the motors spinning to record a new fight which in turn will upload your auto landing flight. It is really to bad how Parrot has this set up. Crashed flights never get recorded which is a shame.

Yes i thought that. Annoyingly i recorded another video without the motors spinning and that registered in the app as a flight but skipped the "crash"

Somehow the received telemetry data must be recorded by the app. Maybe this is a temporary file somewhere in the filesystem of the device. At the end of the flight, when it was detected, it will be renamed and or moved to the flight log folder.
This is only my theory but how else could it be?

Edit: Ohh, I forgot - there are still the FDR files, right? May be the JSON files will be created from those. Then we are lost.

Maybe someone with enough Android knowledge can have a look on this.

br HE

Last edited:
Somehow the received telemetry data must be recorded by the app. Maybe this is a temporary file somewhere in the filesystem of the device. At the end of the flight, when it was detected, it will be renamed and or moved to the flight log folder.
This is only my theory but how else could it be?

Edit: Ohh, I forgot - there are still the FDR files, right? May be the JSON files will be created from those. Then we are lost.

Maybe someone with enough Android knowledge can have a look on this.

br HE

Hi HE,

Do you know what is alert_state category of 6? Because I found this alert number appeared in the current flight log after the latest firmware (v.1.7.3) updated. Please advise.

I found the answer on this page (Helmut actually has this page ref in his PDF of the manual)

Drone alert state

none: No alert (0)
user: User emergency alert (1)
cut_out: Cut out alert (2)
critical_battery: Critical battery alert (3)
low_battery: Low battery alert (4)
too_much_angle: The angle of the drone is too high (5)
almost_empty_battery: Almost empty battery alert (6)

Reactions: edwardfcy1970
Alert state 6 seems to be added lately or I have overlooked it. I have updated the windows version.
Available here: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/downloads/ShowAnafiLog.zip

br HE
Hi h-elsner,

After I checked, I have still found a new error of the Anafi log as below. Can you update your program after the validation?

Error (8) : Local Terrestrial magnetic field is too weak.

Thanks and regards,

I have been working with someone who makes programs to read telemetry files and displays the output with errors if any are found. His specialty is with Yuneec drones but I thought I would pick his brain and see if he could make a similar program for our Anafi's.

Here is a link to what he has so far:

I have his program for my Yuneec Typhoon H make for a useful tool since you cannot read Typhoon files into AirData. Nicely engineered product.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Batman