Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Show Anafi Log Project

I've also now tested the versions 1-6 and I'm still getting the same issue, for all versions, including the one that creates the .ini file rather than xml.

I have also tested latest version ref your post #239 and still same I'm afraid.

A long shot maybe.... but I'm wondering if it is somehow related to a change in the way you are drawing the window?

I noticed some subtle differences between my previous working version 1.4 and the latest ones, namely:

• Font is slightly smaller now
  • Icons on buttons such as Convert / Screenshot / Close are smaller now
  • Underneath 'Select Log Dir' it now has a line saying 'Anafi 4K' which wasn't there in the past
  • Columns "Date", "From" and "to" now appear to get resized smaller as the data from json files loads. This means that date gets displayed as 2019-11-.... rather than whole date visible... the column is being shrunk to be too small (older version didn't do this)

If you do not delete the xml file then the next time the program starts up, it has a problem (as we noted before). But the window itself is being drawn but data is invisible or hidden perhaps??? The footer still shows 3 files in the folder, and path to folder etc.

Screenshots below to explain the notes above:

Window from v1.4 (fullscreen)

Screenshot 2019-11-21 20.22.45.png

Window from v1.6 (fullscreen) - first load, before xml file created

Screenshot 2019-11-21 20.23.13.png

Window from v1.6 (fullscreen) - second load, after xml file created previously

Screenshot 2019-11-21 20.31.35.png

Reactions: Landbo
Additionally, I have noticed a difference in the Form1 Width and Height being saved in the xml file.

I deleted all xml files and opened v1.4 then 1.5 and today's latest 1.6 - all on a laptop with screen 3200x1800. Maximised window before exiting.

Noted that the Form1 Width and Height are 3200x1675 in latest version, but 1600x837 in older versions.

*** Just did a further test ... editing manually Form1 Width and Height in the xml file, and this allows program to now open a 2nd time. BUT.... Form1 Width and Height increase significantly again after opening program again. In fact I think Width is doubled compared to previous saved value. Soon it becomes bigger than screen resolution and therefore maybe that's the problem? @Landbo noted same situation with his screen too!

XML:
v1.4
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<CONFIG>
  <TApplication>
    <Form1 Form1_Width="1600" LogDir_Text="C:\Users\joebw\Documents\_Anafi_JSON_Temp" Form1_Height="837" cbCSVsep_Checked="0" cbDegree_Checked="0" cbHeader_Checked="1" grpDia_ItemIndex="4" cbExtrude_Checked="1" grpConv_ItemIndex="0" grpUnit_ItemIndex="0" btColor_ButtonColor="36095" grpLogBook_ItemIndex="1" LogDirDialog_FileName="" PageControl1_TabIndex="5" SaveDialog1_InitialDir="" LogDirDialog_InitialDir=""/>
  </TApplication>
</CONFIG>

v1.5
<CONFIG>
  <TApplication>
    <Form1 Form1_Width="1600" LogDir_Text="C:\Users\joebw\Documents\_Anafi_JSON_Temp" Form1_Height="837" cbCSVsep_Checked="0" cbDegree_Checked="0" cbHeader_Checked="1" grpDia_ItemIndex="4" cbExtrude_Checked="1" grpConv_ItemIndex="0" grpUnit_ItemIndex="0" btColor_ButtonColor="36095" grpLogBook_ItemIndex="1" LogDirDialog_FileName="" PageControl1_TabIndex="5" SaveDialog1_InitialDir="" LogDirDialog_InitialDir=""/>
  </TApplication>
</CONFIG>

v1.6 latest today
<CONFIG>
  <TApplication>
    <Form1 Form1_Width="3200" Form1_Height="1675" FDRdir_Directory="" LogDir_Directory="C:\Users\joebw\Documents\_Anafi_JSON_Temp" cbCSVsep_Checked="0" cbDegree_Checked="0" cbHeader_Checked="1" grpDia_ItemIndex="4" cbExtrude_Checked="1" grpConv_ItemIndex="0" grpUnit_ItemIndex="0" btColor_ButtonColor="36095" grpLogBook_ItemIndex="1"/>
  </TApplication>
</CONFIG>

Last edited:
Additionally, I have noticed a difference in the Form1 Width and Height being saved in the xml file.

I deleted all xml files and opened v1.4 then 1.5 and today's latest 1.6 - all on a laptop with screen 3200x1800. Maximised window before exiting.

Noted that the Form1 Width and Height are 3200x1675 in latest version, but 1600x837 in older versions.

*** Just did a further test ... editing manually Form1 Width and Height in the xml file, and this allows program to now open a 2nd time. BUT.... Form1 Width and Height increase significantly again after opening program again. In fact I think Width is doubled compared to previous saved value. Soon it becomes bigger than screen resolution and therefore maybe that's the problem? @Landbo noted same situation with his screen too!

XML:
v1.4
<CONFIG>
  <TApplication>
  </TApplication>
</CONFIG>

v1.5
<CONFIG>
  <TApplication>
  </TApplication>
</CONFIG>

v1.6 latest today
<CONFIG>
  <TApplication>
    <Form1 Form1_Width="3200" Form1_Height="1675" FDRdir_Directory="" LogDir_Directory="C:\Users\joebw\Documents\_Anafi_JSON_Temp" cbCSVsep_Checked="0" cbDegree_Checked="0" cbHeader_Checked="1" grpDia_ItemIndex="4" cbExtrude_Checked="1" grpConv_ItemIndex="0" grpUnit_ItemIndex="0" btColor_ButtonColor="36095" grpLogBook_ItemIndex="1"/>
  </TApplication>
</CONFIG>

Yes, there is something funny going on there Joe. If you edit both Form1_Width and Form1_Hight to 0, you can start the program a second time on the same xml file without the area is limited to the text. However, you can see the top "buttons" are not placed correctly on Form1.

I hope Helmuth getting visere of our trials. ?

Regards Leif.

Ashampoo_Snap_22. november 2019_00h45m37s_001_.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe_Scot
Maybe this has something to do with DPI settings of the screen. I have removed HiRes DPI settings with build 2019-11-22.
Please download, remove xml file and replace exe.
Then test this again.

If it not helps, then I will remove saving dimensions at all.

br HE

Still getting the same as noted yesterday (now with build 2019-11-22)

It does seem that whatever width and height are saved in the xml file for Form1 get increased the next time it is run.

If I manually edit the xml file after its first creation as follows...
Form1_Width="1500" Form1_Height="500"

... then next time the program opens it appears to double these values:
Form1_Width="3000" Form1_Height="1000"

... then next time they become too large for the screen, and window does not display.

I also tried manually setting the values to Width=400, Height=300 (really small) but instead of doubling the values, the next time its run it changed them to
Form1_Width="1280" Form1_Height="960"

Can't quite work out what it's doing here, or why!!

Running windows 10 here and I am not seeing this issue. What ever size I have adjusted the window to is the size it opens up the next time I use it.

The problem is, I also cannot see the problem. It's hard to find a reason for this. I still believe it is something with DPI settings from the windows manager of Win10.
Now I have changed some compilter options regafding DPI settings. Please download and try again.
I'm running out of ideas...

br HE

Yes, there is something funny going on there Joe. If you edit both Form1_Width and Form1_Hight to 0, you can start the program a second time on the same xml file without the area is limited to the text. However, you can see the top "buttons" are not placed correctly on Form1.
If I do that, I will get the minimal window size, set to 640x480. This is as expected.

Minimal_size.png
If I close this window I will get: Form1_Width="640" Form1_Height="480"
Full screen results in: Width="1920" Form1_Height="1137" (My screen is a Dell U2412M, 1920x1200, Scale is 100%). Scale does also not affect the behaviour here at my place.

br HE

Last edited:
Maybe this has something to do with DPI settings of the screen. I have removed HiRes DPI settings with build 2019-11-22.
Please download, remove xml file and replace exe.
Then test this again.

If it not helps, then I will remove saving dimensions at all.

br HE

Just a quick update. The new version run on my laptop. I'm busy but come to the computer later this evening.

Greetings Leif.

Reactions: h-elsner
Great news ... latest version seems to be working perfectly :)

Form 1 size grows to maximum sizes of:
Form1_Width="1600" Form1_Height="837"

... on my screen (3200x1800).

All seems fine - both for .json and log.bin files.

Excellent.

The problem is, I also cannot see the problem. It's hard to find a reason for this. I still believe it is something with DPI settings from the windows manager of Win10.
Now I have changed some compilter options regafding DPI settings. Please download and try again.
I'm running out of ideas...

br HE

Yes ok Helmuth. I don't think it has anything to do with what DPI on the screen is but how much the windows it selves are set up to enlarge/reduce text and graphics. My windows are set to enlarge everything 125% on the screen.

You can see what my xml file contains when the program shuts down when Form1 fills the entire screen.

Greetings Leif.

Attachments

• ShowAnafiLog.4.txt
    438 bytes · Views: 15
Last edited:
ShowAnafiLog uses embedded manifest file to enable Themes support in Windows. It seem the option "DPI awareness"=true was the reason for this problem.
In case I have set it to 'false' @Joe_Scot reported the problem was gone.

I will remove DPI awareness out in future for all my tools although I don't have a problem with it at both Win10 installations that I run.

br HE

Reactions: Joe_Scot and Landbo
All good. Now tested latest version on Win 10 laptop (screen 3200x1800) and Win 7 desktop (screen 3440x1440). Everything seems to be functioning correctly.

Best regards
Joe

@Joe_Scot are you scaling on your laptop as almost 4K, (3840 x 2160) on a 17" laptop is some pretty small print?

@Joe_Scot are you scaling on your laptop as almost 4K, (3840 x 2160) on a 17" laptop is some pretty small print?

Yes, scaling settings are 200%. It's actually a 13" laptop (Dell XPS13). Fantastic screen for watching 4K Anafi videos by the way!!

Hi folks,

Newbie here and was directed to this thread. Where would I find these .json files? In the FDR folder, I find log-x-yyy-z.bin files.

They are in the app itself, the flight history, each one has an icon to download the log. Check out post #94 in this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut