Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Show Anafi Log Project

The battery serial can be displayed on the Anafi Webserver page.
Doesn't help with historic info which is what the poster was asking about. The battery serial number is also shown on the drone info page in FF6 if you want live info.

Thats easy: its exactly that battery that came down with your crashed drone. ?
I know the battery serial of last crash but i had one serious crash before, i ignored that crash by assuming some sensor error but after changing motherbord, powersupply , fan (by parrot service) same crash happened again , so i guess that there should be some prob in battery , so i want to match previous battery serial and last crash battery , if in both crash battery identified same i can dispose that battery and prevent future failure

Reactions: Dirk_ANAFI
Can you show an example for the battery serial?
The FDR files have some information about the battery. FDR files have time stamp and can assigned to the related flight.

This is what I have seen at a first look:
ro.smartbattery.gfw_version --- 26100020001900038502
ro.smartbattery.usb_version --- 0.10
ro.smartbattery.version --- 1.0.5.0
ro.smartbattery.serial --- PI040416AA8F016243

and so on...

br HE

With ShowAnafiLog now you can read the meta data from FDR logfiles (files 'log.bin' in FDR directory).
There is a new menu item in 'Tools': 'Show meta data from FDR log'. This menu items requests to open a log.bin file from the FDR directory and shows then the meta data on the Meta data page.
Menu_FDR.png
The battery serial number is in. The related JSON log file can be assigned by time stamp or boot.UUID.
Table_FDR.png

The new version 1.6 (this time only for Windows, LINUX is coming soon) is available on GitHub or on my homepage:

br HE

Huge thanks for continuing to work on this and enhance it regularly.

I've been saving a few of the log.bin files recently just for the sake of interest, so was able to load a few and test with latest version of ShowAnafiLog.

It's a shame that the more recent firmware update appears to result in the logs (FDR files) being rotated much more frequently than they were in the past. For example I was out yesterday and flew 8 times - around 15-18 mins per flight. The log.bin files are only saved on the SD card for the last 4 flights but not the first 4. It's not down to space on the SD card (I have a 128GB card and 50GB is free). We just need to somehow save the logs during the day if we want access to them in the future!

One (small) request .... (sorry).... any chance you could include the battery cycle count in the stats? I see it appears to be one of the fields in the log.bin files.

Reactions: Ratmir
I have only 4 FDR log files from 2018 to test. Cycle count for whatever (or battery) is not in or not visible by text. Can you please send me one of your (newer) log files?

br HE

PS: The LINUX version is available now.

Last edited:
I have only 4 FDR log files from 2018 to test. Cycle count for whatever (or battery) is not in or not visible by text. Can you please send me one of your (newer) log files?

br HE

PS: The LINUX version is available now.

No problem - have sent you a private message re the log.bin file :)

In case it's of interest, it seems that the older log.bin files could be anything up to 1GB in size, and would be saved on the SD card in a named folder structure such as "FDR_054_20190824T170647+0100" with every file being named simply "log.bin"

Since I updated to Firmware, 1.6.0 on the Anafi (in Sept, 2019 in my case) I've noticed that the max size for log.bin files is 300MB. They are not stored in a folder structure any more (each file is differently named, such as "log-265-20191115T141035+0000.bin"), and a long flight can create several files. They are only retained on the SD card for a short time (even on a large SD card).

Joe

Thank you, @Joe_Scot for the FDR log file created by latest firmware. There are some really important new things in:
- Number charging cycles of the smart battery
- State of health of the battery, means how much capacity remains from the designed battrery capacity (2700mAh) in percent.
Example: smartbattery.soh=80% means the aged battery is now only a 2150mAh battery.

The updated version was uploaded to GitHub and my homepage today. Manual also updated. Links in #227 still valid.

br HE

And again thank you, @Joe_Scot for testing. It is a bug that empty parameter in FDR meta data are interpreted as hexadecimal values. There is no such thing, all is in text format (as 0-terminated string).
Now the empty parameters will be skipped.

Please download the latest version (Build number 2019-11-19).

br HE

Thanks Helmut. Latest version (Build number 2019-11-19) downloaded and tested and confirm that battery metadata seems to display correctly for the all the log.bin files I tried. Noted that often for a long flight, up to 5 log.bin are created and the first one or two seem not to contain battery cycle count or state-of health, but by the end of the flight this information is included in the latter log.bin files.

Great work - very helpful!

Thank you for a new version of your lovely program Helmuth. Unfortunately, I find that there is an error in the program which makes it impossible to use the program on a W10 machine with Google Chrome. The error is also observed in the previous version of the program.

Do you have any good advice on how to get the print back on full screen?

Ashampoo_Snap_21. november 2019_13h44m50s_001_.png

Thank you for a new version of your lovely program Helmuth. Unfortunately, I find that there is an error in the program which makes it impossible to use the program on a W10 machine with Google Chrome. The error is also observed in the previous version of the program.

Do you have any good advice on how to get the print back on full screen?

View attachment 3042

I have also found an issue with the latest version, similar to your screenshot above.

I'm helping Helmut to test out a few versions with amendments to the code to try and solve this!

Reactions: Landbo
I don't have this issue on Windows or LINUX. I cannot reproduce it. So, I'm blind doing something, but it seem to deal with saved settings in XML file. If you delete it then it will work again but probably it comes back.

You can help to test something.

With the link above a new set of test version can be downloaded.
If Version 1 to 5 has the problem too, skip the other and try version 6. Tell me what version starts to make problems.
ShowAnafiLog1.exe: Only size of window will be stored in XML.
ShowAnafiLog2.exe: Select LogDir added to stored in XML.
ShowAnafiLog3.exe: CheckBoxes added to stored in XML.
ShowAnafiLog4.exe: Radio button boxes added to stored in XML.
ShowAnafiLog5.exe: Color button added to stored in XML.
ShowAnafiLog6.exe: Save settings in INI file instead of XML file.

br HE

I don't have this issue on Windows or LINUX. I cannot reproduce it. So, I'm blind doing something, but it seem to deal with saved settings in XML file. If you delete it then it will work again but probably it comes back.

You can help to test something.

With the link above a new set of test version can be downloaded.
If Version 1 to 5 has the problem too, skip the other and try version 6. Tell me what version starts to make problems.
ShowAnafiLog1.exe: Only size of window will be stored in XML.
ShowAnafiLog2.exe: Select LogDir added to stored in XML.
ShowAnafiLog3.exe: CheckBoxes added to stored in XML.
ShowAnafiLog4.exe: Radio button boxes added to stored in XML.
ShowAnafiLog5.exe: Color button added to stored in XML.
ShowAnafiLog6.exe: Save settings in INI file instead of XML file.

br HE

I've tested all the programs from numbers 1 to 6. It's not until I run ShowAnafiLog6.exe something goes wrong. It is the program that creates the * .ini file and not an * .xml file.

When I delete the original ShowAnafiLog.xml that creates the problem, everything works as it should. I have attached the xml file that is causing the problem so you can look into it.

EDIT: Renamed the xml file to txt for attachment. Forum bans an xml file. :rolleyes:

Greetings Leif.

Attachments

• ShowAnafiLog.txt
    704 bytes · Views: 4
Hmm, strange, again another behaviour. I have used your XML file (formerly known as txt ;-) and all runs perfect.
You are saying no problem if old XML was deleted? Problem never came back? If yes, good. Let's go to next stage.
Download latest version from
delete XML file and replace all with the new SW version (Build 2019-11-21).
Let's see how it goes...

br HE

Hmm, strange, again another behaviour. I have used your XML file (formerly known as txt ;-) and all runs perfect.
You are saying no problem if old XML was deleted? Problem never came back? If yes, good. Let's go to next stage.
Download latest version from
delete XML file and replace all with the new SW version (Build 2019-11-21).
Let's see how it goes...

br HE

Yes I also thought the problem was solved, but unfortunately it turns out that it has something to do with what size you show Form1 on when the program is shut down. If you look in the xml file I attached in the last post it says that my screen is 1924 pixels wide and 1055 high. My screen is a regular full HD with 1,920 × 1,080 pixels. If I use a smaller window during program closing, everything seems ok.

I will try the latest version and return with a report.

Regards Leif.

Reactions: Joe_Scot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut