Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Show Anafi Log Project

There are some good Youtube videos on how to use these programs if you get stuck.

It would be a great improvement if somehow the smart battery contained an emergency cell giving a few more power for some (let's say 30 seconds) for a controlled emergency landing.
I think Parrot would have saved thousands of dollars!

It IS possible to build a reliable system from unreliable parts!

This is a great program. Curious if there is any thought to make it Android based so we can access it in the field on our tablets or devices?

I do not plan to create an Android based app.
An Android app needs a complete redesign of the user interface. This is high effort and possibly a change of internal is needed too.
And the program is not useful for analysis on small screens.

br HE

Helmut - once again, fab software which I use every week. I was just looking in detail at one of my flights and it occurred to me that I think wherever you have 'True Air Speed' that should actually say 'Ground Speed'. Minor point of course!!

For a flight where I had the Anafi doing a RTH over a long distance, it shows speed at the expected 10 m/s and it takes exactly 60 secs to travel 600m.

Appreciate your reply. What I'm really after is the ability to export the gpx track log in the field from the tablet that I just flew with. The idea for this is that we go fly around an area in which a perimeter map is required. Thus the hope this could be adapted. I do like the ability to look at logs in the lab as well.

@Joe_Scot: What I call "True Air Speed" is simply "speed" in Parrot's data. But this speed contains elements from all 3 dimensions. If you go vertical you will also have speed there though the ground speed is zero.

Speed (or true air speed) is computed from all 3 components (axis) vx, vy and vz:
tas=squareroot of (vx² + vy² + vz²)

vz is the vertical speed

Groundspeed would be squareroot of (vx² + vy²)

br HE

Thanks very much @h-elsner for the detailed explanation ... I follow exactly what you are saying and can reproduce the figures using those calculations when looking at my logs.

I think my potential confusion is caused by what was really driving my question initially.... namely how to assess the impact of wind on the Anafi's reported 'speed'. When I have flown (horizontally) with the wind on occasions I have logged a speed of 19.5 m/s (70.2 km/h) which I would say is ground speed. Hence if the Anafi has a stated max speed of 55 km/h, then what I am experiencing is something like 55 km/h air speed + 15 km/h tailwind = 70 km/h ground speed.

Sorry, my brain is getting slightly fried, and this isn't any issue at all with your software!! Just me spending too much time trying to calculate stuff and confusing myself :) .

I believe what the Anafi records as "Speed" is the GPS speed, which is identical to Groundspeed. I don't see how it can sense airspeed without a pitot tube. So your arithmetic is correct but irrelevant. Groundspeed is all that matters to it anyway for determining when to return. It's pea sized brain is probably going "lessee, I'm going 70 km/hr....that must mean a tailwind, so I need to turn around at 1500 meters instead of 3000" NOT! I think my 1700 cc brain does a better job and I'm **** careful about going off very far downwind!! :oops:

Speed and orientation in air comes also from 6-axis Motion Tracking (accelerometer + gyro) and 3-axis compass and GPS data. That are a lot of information that the flight controller SW uses to estimate his attitude and speed in 3D.

Make a test. Go up and down over head without moving away and check the speed...

br HE

Reactions: Landbo
I had 2nd time serious crash with anafi . I am having 4 batteries and i forgot which battery is used in both crash , so is it possible to know serial of battery from json file .

Is there any Android version of show anafi log ?
Already discussed here. See post #205/206.

is it possible to know serial of battery from json file .
No, unfortunately this is not recorded in the JSON flight logs.

The only way to identify a battery is by discharge time during normal flight. But this is only significant for very old batteries vs. brand new.
Overview -> Duration <--> Max battery level/Min battery level

br HE

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood