Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Show Anafi Log Project

.tar.gz or .gz is used by LINUX OS. Most server are LINUX server.
TAR is achive for folder structures, GZ is zipped.

I recommend to use use 7zip. It's free and can unzip all.

br HE

Last edited:
It's much easier to use the JSONs directly stored in FF6 ...
And: these files have a better file name with date, time and are sorted chronologically in their directory.
Is there a way to bypass the clumsy procedure in FF6 of sharing the files to Google Drive then going and downloading them one by one? There must be a folder on the smartphone I could access directly when it's acting as an external drive on the laptop USB port.

Is there a way to bypass the clumsy procedure in FF6 of sharing the files to Google Drive then going and downloading them one by one? There must be a folder on the smartphone I could access directly when it's acting as an external drive on the laptop USB port.
I always send them (sadly one by one) with my Email client to my home Email address. This Email account is also used on my PC, so I can copy the JSON directly from the Email to the JSON folder on the PC.

You can use a program called FlightData Manager. It is used for Data overlays on your videos. Very useful program. It connects to your Parrot account and downloads all your flight records. From there you can choose the one you want.

Just for reference I would always recommend 7Zip regardless of O.S, its one of the most flexible compression apps out there and handles everything.

save yourself a lot of heartache and move to 7Zip to prevent these issues with the like of "gz" files

Now I thought I had posted this yesterday, but I can't find it, so maybe I didn't hit Send....I've been known to do that. :cautious:

So now I have a couple of *.jsons in my Show Anafi Log folder, and they both show up in Overview, but when looking at the log data it is for only one of the files no matter which one is selected in Overview. I wonder what I might be doing wrong.

Well, now I have 4 json files in that folder, and the program shows them all in overview and switches between them normally....go figure. ?‍♂️

Last edited:
As discussed here:
the "ShowAnafiLog" tool is now able to rename JSON files with date/time and part of UUID in new file name.

Example for new file name:
2018-08-23T195433+0200_F5B373.json

I call this new version "V1.5" and it is available at GitHub or my homepage/downloads by the well-known links.

br HE

Reactions: Landbo and Joe_Scot
A small update regarding the flying_state. Updated state 6 and 7, added state 8:
6: Waiting for user take off {Waiting for user action to take off}
7: Motor ramping
8: Emergency landing {Drone autopilot has detected defective sensor(s).}

Alert_state 2 "Cut out alert" means something hit/blocked propeller and security shut-off takes place.

Download links still the same:
Windows64bit: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/downloads/ShowAnafiLog.zip
LINUX 64bit: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/downloads/ShowAnafiLog.tar.gz
All: https://github.com/h-elsner/showanafilog

br HE

Reactions: Landbo
A small update regarding the flying_state. Updated state 6 and 7, added state 8:
6: Waiting for user take off {Waiting for user action to take off}
7: Motor ramping
8: Emergency landing {Drone autopilot has detected defective sensor(s).}

Alert_state 2 "Cut out alert" means something hit/blocked propeller and security shut-off takes place.

Download links still the same:
Windows64bit: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/downloads/ShowAnafiLog.zip
LINUX 64bit: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/downloads/ShowAnafiLog.tar.gz
All: https://github.com/h-elsner/showanafilog

br HE
Tnx Helmuth.

Regards Leif,

Unfortunately not. This was discussed already but no MAC user is willing to compile the application for MAC OS. I do not have a MAC and do not plan to buy one.

It would be possible in 4 steps:
1) Download and install "Lazarus" on MAC: Installing Lazarus on MacOS X - Free Pascal wiki
2) Download source: h-elsner/showanafilog
3) Start Lazarus and compile source (F9)
4) Create installation package (.dmg) and distribute it (i.e. on the github repository above).

br HE

I'm really enjoying this program. Tells me all I need to know and some stuff I don't wanna know about. Great job, h-elsner, and thanks!

Dan L

Hi guys and gals. One related question: has anyone already put together what is the terminal velocity of Parrot Anafi during the free fall due to catastrophic failure?

Hi guys and gals. One related question: has anyone already put together what is the terminal velocity of Parrot Anafi during the free fall due to catastrophic failure?
I have a json file of my first crash reporting a 29 mph combined vector velocity in the last milliseconds of flight. Perhaps some of the motors were still running, helping to break an out-and-out drop from 300 ft.

Reactions: WanderGraphy
I have a json file of my first crash reporting a 29 mph combined vector velocity in the last milliseconds of flight. Perhaps some of the motors were still running, helping to break an out-and-out drop from 300 ft.

Might be. But it is also in a ballpark of what I have been getting from people and what I would expect based on weight and presumed drag coefficient (25-40mph). Would you mind sending me that log?

Might be. But it is also in a ballpark of what I have been getting from people and what I would expect based on weight and presumed drag coefficient (25-40mph). Would you mind sending me that log?

Just what is the goal of obtaining this information? What is it's intended use?

Just what is the goal of obtaining this information? What is it's intended use?

Energy calculation for the falling drone which is needed for some risk assessments to fly legally where I'm from. So far it seems like I'm well under the safety ceiling of 79 J.

Last edited:
Energy calculation for the falling drone which is needed for some risk assessments to fly legally from where I'm from. So far it seems like I'm well under the safety ceiling of 79 J.
Can you point me to info for safety ceiling 79 J?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viking