Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Show Anafi Log Project

I have found the problemmatic .json file .... it is the very first one that was created when I first switched on my new drone (and it wasn't an actual flight) - I will email this file to you, Helmut.

So, on testing, if I remove this 'first file' from the directory, then everything is fine.
If I rename the file so that it doesn't appear top of the list, all is fine (unless I select it in the software)
If I select it in the software, then the Meta Data box shows as a white square AND now it stays like that for any file until I close and re-open the software.

I noticed that this file has a totally incorrect GPS position in it... 500.000, 500.000. So I was thinking that is the issue. However one of the other files (a recent one) also has same GPS (drone had a problem and I didn't take off) but this .json file does not cause the issue to occur!

So, I think this helps - and again thanks for always trying to solve all the issues, even when it's an edge case.

There is one corrupted file, @Joe_Scot already found. If we exclude this file all works well.
For file corrupted file: The product_name in the meta data is missing. When I try to read Product_name the meta data functionality crashes and kills the table.

A corrected version that will skip missing meta data will come soon.

br HE

I knocked at the door in Parrots Developer forum. Let's hope someone there can help with enum values in the logfiles like flying_state, alert_state etc.

No reaction up to now. I don't expect new any more. Let's keep what we have.

br HE

There is one corrupted file, @Joe_Scot already found. If we exclude this file all works well.
For file corrupted file: The product_name in the meta data is missing. When I try to read Product_name the meta data functionality crashes and kills the table.

A corrected version that will skip missing meta data will come soon.

br HE

Many thanks - I've downloaded the latest version today and all works well.

Joe

Howdy folks,

If anyone would be so kind as to run the only accessible .json file of my multiple flights from last Friday through the ShowAnafiLog software on my behalf, particularly for looking at maximum roll & pitch angles, I would be ever so grateful for the effort. I don't know why out of 3 flights, there is only one .json file showing in the FF6 app, but that has been a regular thing for me on the iOS version of FF6.

I am on Mac's here & have a Linux laptop, but the Linux 64 bit file for the ShowAnafiLog software keeps giving me a fatal error message, so I can't even unzip it, not that I would know what to do with it after that! I have never had to load any software on that machine, it was bought purely as a cheap & reliable $60 laptop, for transferring images to participants of my Mindful Photography groups with as we drive to our destinations each week.

The .json file can be downloaded from DropBox.

the Linux 64 bit file for the ShowAnafiLog software keeps giving me a fatal error message, so I can't even unzip it, not that I would know what to do with it after that! I have never had to load any software on that machine

Can you tell me what error message on the LINUX machine raised? Maybe your OS is 32 bit. Try the 32 bit version from GitHub:

To unzip the package double click it and choose unpack. The executalbe file is the one without file extension. Click it to execute. You don't need installation or something like that.

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
Can you tell me what error message on the LINUX machine raised? Maybe your OS is 32 bit. Try the 32 bit version from GitHub:

To unzip the package double click it and choose unpack. The executalbe file is the one without file extension. Click it to execute. You don't need installation or something like that.
@h-elsner thanks so much for your assistance! I retried it all again & the download for the 64 bit software is now able to be unpacked & works perfectly as it is! Thanks for making that as painless as possible for a non-geek! :rolleyes:

The original error message that I still get from the initially downloaded file just says: Fatal Error & something about being unable to be unpacked, or something along those lines. There must have been a corruption in the download process, somewhere along the line.

Thank you also for your tireless efforts with this project, I have a lot to learn about using it, but will investigate roll & pitch of the severely windy flight I had on Friday, so as to see how severe it was for the front foot to appear in the video quite a few times.

particularly for looking at maximum roll & pitch angles
I would like to have an own thread for problems during flight. This one is dedicated to the tool itself.

The JSON file looks like there is only one flight, maybe the last one (2019-04-05 10:25:29 to 10:34:36, Duration 00:09:03).
Screen_Chart altitude_1.pngkml_1.jpg
You have an older firmware running. The 'True Air Speed' is empty.

Roll angle is between -40° and +40°, same for pitch angle. Seems to be the maximum. Good flying. Speed up to 12m/s.

Screen_Charts attitude_1.png

br HE

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
H.E. - this software is very useful and easy to use. I use it to develop .KML files for almost every outing with my ANAFI.

I noticed your comment above - my data is also empty re the true airspeed. I believe that all my firmware and software versions are current. Freeflight 6 shows "speed" on the graphics output; not sure if this is the same as "True Airspeed" from the .JSON file. This is not critical to me - just curious.

Great program and your efforts are very much appreciated.

Whew! I had NO IDEA there was that much data in the json file until I finally got this program today! Many kudos Helmut.

I do have a question: I just downloaded all my flights from Parrot before I changed the "send logs to Parrot" option. They all have the extension *.json.gz and are not seen by the program. The one I sent from the smartphone via the App worked fine as it only had the extension *.json. How can I fix this, other than by sending each log from the phone?

Sound to me like it is a zip file that needs to be unzipped. Have you tried with winzip yet? And how long did it take for you to get your file sent to you?

Well, yes it was a zip file and I extracted all and that produced the log files with the *.json.gz extension. I didn't occur to me to right click them....uno momento....no, no further extraction available. However, GZ is quite possibly some form of zip I haven't heard of yet that Win7 doesn't recognize.

It took about a minute for Parrot to transfer my 38 or so files.

I had requested my files when I read your post. they finally showed up after 2 hours. I used winrar, to unzip the files. Inside the folder I unzipped them to I had hundreds of (.json.gz) single flight records zipped up. Using winrar again and unzipping that to another folder was my .JSON file. Have no idea why they double zip them but they do.

Got it. Unzipped a *.json.gz file and show anafi log read it. Now all I have to do is unzip all 38 and put them in a new folder, then create a pilot log, then..... Boy, Parrot doesn't make this easy! :mad:

Got it. Unzipped a *.json.gz file and show anafi log read it. Now all I have to do is unzip all 38 and put them in a new folder, then create a pilot log, then..... Boy, Parrot doesn't make this easy! :mad:
It's much easier to use the JSONs directly stored in FF6 ...
And: these files have a better file name with date, time and are sorted chronologically in their directory.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320