Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Show Anafi Log Project

"AnafiPlanToGPX" is a small tool to convert Parrot Anafi JSON flight plan files into GPX files to inspect it by map services.

It can be found at GitHub:

br HE
Thanks, this is helpful

Sent from my Z6201V using Tapatalk

An update for ShowAnafiLog is out. It corrects KML or GPX files if the flight starts without GPS fix. Not valid coordinates will be ignored for the exported tracks.
Download links are still the same.

br HE
That would explain why this morning after "Drbaijin" uploaded his .json file, I converted to KML to load into Google earth and was showing that he was in the middle of the ocean :( and not where he was.

Yes, GoogleEarth don't like placemarks with coordinates 500.0000,500.0000. That's why I have to suppress it.

Hi again @h-elsner ... I just noticed that the timestamps displayed in ShowAnafiLogs are now 1 hour ahead of the correct time (for summer time), and I was fairly sure this was not the case in previous versions.

I did a little testing and it seems that something has changed, though I'm not sure in which version of the software. I still had a copy of v1.4 (2019-03-31) so compared 4 sample log files with this and in the latest version v1.6 (2020-05-07).

For my winter-time flights (UK / UTC) the timestamps are correct, but for summer-time flights (UK / UTC+1) it seems that an hour is being added on (a double adjustment is being made for summer time)

Screenshot below shows 4 json files in the different versions.

The last flight shown (yesterday) where name of log file is 2020-06-03T193236+0100 started at 19:32:36 UK (UTC+1)

Thanks
Joe

ShowAnafiLogTimestamps.JPG

From point of view the representation of the date V1.4 is wrong, V1.6 is right. Time stamp consists of date 'T' time +/- offset. Summer/winter time is ignored because there are different settings in the world and I do not want to deal with all that stuff.
Time is taken as it comes from Anafi -->
16:03 +1 is 17:03
09:35 + 0 is 09:35
09:48 + 0 is 09:48
19:32 + 1 is 20:32
I took it as simple as possible to have that working for the whole world in all time zones.

br HE

Thanks for your reply Helmut. My job involves working with logs from servers and PCs in multiple timezones so I am very much aware of the complications especially with summer time etc!

I only raised it as I could see there had been a change at some time between v1.4 and v1.6 and I wasn't sure if it was deliberate or an unintended consequence of another change you had made.

I export my logs from ShowAnafiLogs to CSV and then keep them in an Excel file with various extra bits of information, so I'll just use a formula in Excel to amend the (summer) times back 1 hour.

Best regards
Joe

great work. Can you advice where is the flight log available in the Anafi
The flight data is located on your smart device in FF6
Tap My Parrot and you will see My Flights
You can email the flight data (jason file) by tapping upload icon located to the right of flight

Reactions: sibujacob
I am trying to analyse a crash log for user jbuy41and the "Charts attitude" graph appears to have lost the nomenclature for the lines. Only the "Forward Speed" has a title. Is it just me or does anybody else have this problem. I am on Windows 10 using version 1.6 05/2020 of the software.

Screen_Charts attitude_1.png

It is strange that only one prop was broken. The others are like new. Like they stopped in flight. The notes show a crash on the flight info.

It is strange that only one prop was broken. The others are like new. Like they stopped in flight. The notes show a crash on the flight info.
I am really not sure how to decipher data - but maybe prop broke and it exceeded angle and shut down?Screen_Log data_1.pngCodes.JPG

I am trying to analyse a crash log for user jbuy41and the "Charts attitude" graph appears to have lost the nomenclature for the lines. Only the "Forward Speed" has a title. Is it just me or does anybody else have this problem. I am on Windows 10 using version 1.6 05/2020 of the software.

View attachment 4619

I don't see any true air speed in the file, almost like it was not even moving. I wanted to see if he broke a prop the most common thing that happens it the Anafi will max out the speed trying to compensate for the broken prop.

when I originally posted graphs I did not know you had to recompute air speed manually? - see attached

Attachments

• Screen_Charts attitude_2.png
    Screen_Charts attitude_2.png
    71.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Screen_Log data_3.png
    Screen_Log data_3.png
    152.2 KB · Views: 11
Once again....very good reason to check and/or replace your props frequently.
Check error code #5

Attachments

• Anafi Alert Numbers.png
    Anafi Alert Numbers.png
    36.3 KB · Views: 16
Once again....very good reason to check and/or replace your props frequently.
Check error code #5

I am not convinced it was a broken prop that caused the "Flight Angle Exceeded". I and many others have broken a prop in flight and did not see this error. The Anafi becomes very erratic and hard to control but it does not just drop. In my case it flew in the opposite direction and landed in a tree 400 yards away.

Fortunately it was only about 5 or 6 feet above the ground, hovering, then like jerky motion tilted, and fell. Landing straight down. One prop broke at the hub. The rest were fine.
You guys are great. Could not get to where you are.
I took it for a spin yesterday and everything was normal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood