Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Skycontroller 2 not connecting via USB

James Darr

Reaction score
I have three android smartphones....All above android version 6.0....Two really cheap ones,and a good Samsung Note 4.....For some reason,my sky controller 2 only connects via USB to 1 of the 3 phones....And its a very cheap phone with less than half a gig of ram,so it lags terribly....But it does work,and connects as soon as I turn on the sky controller automatically....When I try to use the other two phones,mainly my Samsung note 4.They dont connect via USB....Says "Controller not connected" I'm using the same usb wire that that one phone works on....All three phones will connect via WIFI no problem....I've been stumped on this forever....I'd like to use my samsung galaxy note 4 with this....Both phones wont make the app open like the other phone does,and still won't work even when I open it myself...Acts like theres no wire connected on both phones!!!! It seems like its stuck on this one phone,and is ignoring the others.....Any ideas?????

Last edited:

vekthor

Reaction score
Hi there
On the phone, try going to settings, then enter ´enable programmer mode/option´ and in usb related sub-section, changing the usb mode (charging only/photo transfer, etc) if available. Try them all on a sequence.
It usualy does the job. Hope it helps.

James Darr

Reaction score
Hi there
On the phone, try going to settings, then enter ´enable programmer mode/option´ and in usb related sub-section, changing the usb mode (charging only/photo transfer, etc) if available. Try them all on a sequence.
It usualy does the job. Hope it helps.
Thanks I'll try.....Should usb de-bugging be on or off?

vekthor

Reaction score
Hi
On some phones it must be enabled. From my experience, usually older ones.
👍

Flowtan

Reaction score
Hi i have the same problem only with the iphone 6 it wont connect but instead charges the battery , I have a Lenova android tablet which connects just fine , but a bit bulky , if there are similar settings for the Iphone 6 could someone point me in the right direction.
Thanks in advance , Bob

Landbo

Reaction score
Hi
On some phones it must be enabled. From my experience, usually older ones.
👍

Yes I think I remember it is necessary to enable USB debugging if you are using an Android version lower than 7.0.

Regards, Leif.

Flowtan

Reaction score
iPhones don't require any special settings. Using a different cable to connect to the SC2 fixed it for me...
thanks onlt have two an niether work will try an original iphonr cable when i can ,
thanks.

Adamdv

Reaction score
I have had the same problem for 6 months. I have a galaxy Samsung note 9. It used to work fine with my current cable but stopped Working with the sky controller 2. Have been in contact with parrot who told me to drain the battery and disconnect it etc. But still doesn’t work.

after I drain The battery then recharge I can connect the two together but on phone it only says ‘charging‘ and I can’t change it to data transfer.
same happens with iPhone and iPad and other cables so maybe the controller has a setting stuck in its memory....

unless anyone has other ideas?

using the drone with just my phone is ok, but is obviously harder to navigate and the distance it can fly is less.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikco54