Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Smart phone crashes while connected to Anafi in the air

Shiningmonk

Reaction score
I took my bird and two of my dogs to the park, hoping for some follow-me footage. As I had my hands full, I left the controller at home. I hooked my phone up to the bird by WiFi but, after take-off, the wind picked up. Though it maintained its hover position, it kept losing GPS signal when I tried to go into follow-me mode. I gave up and tried normal flight, but the phone (not the drone!) crashed with my bird still in the air. I tried reaching out to grab it from the underside (keeping my fingers well away from the spinning blades) – I know, stupid. It didn’t like that and moved away, and a little higher. I rebooted my phone, with the bird still in the air. Fortunately, it automatically reconnected to the bird's WiFi signal and I re-opened FF6. To my relief, the fly screen still showed the bird in the air with an option to land, which I selected, bringing it down as normal.

What I learned is that even if your smart phone crashes with your bird in the air, you can restart the phone, re-open the FF6 app and land the bird (that’s Parrot 1 v Samsung 0). Incidentally, if it hadn't worked, I'd have had to stand in front of the thing for almost 20 minutes, waiting for it to run out of power and land. I'd probably be cursing the fact that it has such a good battery!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320