Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Well I don't know if this is a defective Skycontroller 3 but it literally will not connect

MightyMuffins

Reaction score
So this is an interesting problem I ran into today. Only had the drone for not even a day.....Not sure if it is a defective refurbished controller or what my doing something dumb but the controller will charge find but it will absolutely not turn on or connect to the phone or drone after it it is unplug from the charger.

Is this something I need to contact the amazon supplier where I got it from or is this literally a simple fix? Really beginning to think this is a faulty USB-A port.

Edit: Turns out it was a faultly USB-A port. It could charge but something internal wouldn't hold the charge. Amazon is sending a new one free of charge. :)

Last edited:
Ok, what does the blue light do on the controller? Just open the clamp and wait. If you put the phone in the clamp and turn it on then connect it with the cable then what does it do? You have to turn on airplane mode and now you should be able to open FF6 and see the screen with "Not Connected" in the middle of the top. Then turn on the drone and after a minute it should show "Take Off". Otherwise you have a defective controller, unless your smartphone has some odd setting. Let us know exactly which phone and which operating system it has.

Actually the blue light will not turn on like at all even when connected on the phone or flipped open. It did actually a couple times after it charged but it immediately shut off.....but now it's not even doing that. The green charge light will turn on in the back but as for the blue light....no go. Also Samsung S9+. Trust me I have tried everything to get this controller to work but I will likely just call amazon can have them give me a new one or parrot directly.

It only wants to fly with the smart phone and n

Last edited:
Open the antenna up. look inside where it connects to the controller on the left side you will see the little silver thing that turns your controller on and off. It might be stuck or not moving all the way to turn on the controller. If thats not the problem then you might have a defective controller and should get it replaced.

Open the antenna up. look inside where it connects to the controller on the left side you will see the little silver thing that turns your controller on and off. It might be stuck or not moving all the way to turn on the controller. If thats not the problem then you might have a defective controller and should get it replaced.
Yeah I don't even have something to even take apart the controller if that is what you mean. I will just get this returned. Hehe amazon better at least send me a new one.

Well thats good. I didn't want you to take anything apart. Just open the antenna up like you would mormally to put your phone into the holder. That is your antenna and the switch to turn on your controller is at the very bottom where it hinges on the lower left side. You can't miss it.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Well thats good. I didn't want you to take anything apart. Just open the antenna up like you would mormally to put your phone into the holder. That is your antenna and the switch to turn on your controller is at the very bottom where it hinges on the lower left side. You can't miss it.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
hehe I don't think your pic work dude. :p Also I don't think mine has a switch like that....I see it underneath the hinge but nothing to turn it on.

Last edited:
Actually the blue light will not turn on like at all even when connected on the phone or flipped open. It did actually a couple times after it charged but it immediately shut off.....but now it's not even doing that.
A simple possibility is, that SC3 battery is empty and was never charged.
Reasons: 1. Bad charger, 2. bad USB cable, 3. bad SC3 (USB-A plug, battery ...).

For excluding possible reasons 1 and 2 I would first test another charger/cable.

A simple possibility is, that SC3 battery is empty and was never charged.
Reasons: 1. Bad charger, 2. bad USB cable, 3. bad SC3 (USB-A plug, battery ...).

For excluding possible reasons 1 and 2 I would first test another charger/cable.
Actually it's all good now. It was a defective charging port on the controller...it could charge but it wouldn't hold it. Something internal wore out. Amazon is sending over a new one free of charge and may have it in time for today to film some upstate NY storms. :) I mean I can still fly it with my phone only if I wanted to today.

That is a strange fault description., saying everything and nothing.

Well I mean on laptops that usually happens when they get old and batteries begin to crap out. They hold less and less charge over time and drain quick to the point where it has to be plugged in at all-times cause if you unplug it it will automatically hard shutdown the laptop.

Who cares? Maybe there was something else going on as well. As long as the new controller works! I've had my Thinkpad for 8 years and the battery is still fairly good because I take it out at home after booting and it sits for months at half charge.

Reactions: MightyMuffins

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
falcon_up