Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Best Battery Charger?

VonZipper

Reaction score
I just ordered my Anafi today. One of the items that I have left to purchase is a flight battery charger. From the Anafi reviews I've read and the videos I've watched, it seems that most reviewers are marking down the Anafi on battery recharging time. I know I read in several places where a USB-C PD charger was recommended to decrease the charging time. Is that accurate information? What's the maximum wattage rating the batteries can be charged at? Does anyone have specific makes and models of chargers that are they can recommend as the best to use?

I’ve found that there’s little difference between using a 60w charger and a 48w charger (a few minutes at best).
I got a few syncwire quick charge units and some good quality short leads from Lindy as my charging bank (I have 3 batteries that may need to be charged at the same time whilst on holiday)
It’s a shame I couldn’t find a 3 output USB C charger.
Inatek 60w charger
Buy 1 get 1 @ 40% off
Lindy cable
Belkin thunderbolt 3 cables have similar characteristics

Reactions: d95gas
If you are not in a rush to recharge the batteries why not just stick with any existing USB charger you have?

Typically overnight.

Slower charging may actually be better for battery life as the battery won't get so hot during the process.

SMART BATTERY
- Type: High density LiPo (2 cells)
- Capacity: 2,700mAh
- Flight time per charge: 25min
- Charging port: USB-C
- Weight: 126g
- Voltage: 7.6V
- Max charging power: 24W

Reactions: KentA and VonZipper
I’ve found that there’s little difference between using a 60w charger and a 48w charger (a few minutes at best).
I got a few syncwire quick charge units and some good quality short leads from Lindy as my charging bank (I have 3 batteries that may need to be charged at the same time whilst on holiday)
It’s a shame I couldn’t find a 3 output USB C charger.
Inatek 60w charger
Buy 1 get 1 @ 40% off
Lindy cable
Belkin thunderbolt 3 cables have similar characteristics

These look to have the same specs as well, tad cheaper, and come as a pair, which is great for me.

If you are not in a rush to recharge the batteries why not just stick with any existing USB charger you have?

Typically overnight.

Slower charging may actually be better for battery life as the battery won't get so hot during the process.

You're right IM35461! A that is a good plan for when I'm not in a hurry, I agree. That's the way I've always charged my RC aircraft lipo batteries (at 1C or less). But, I would like to have the option to charge at the maximum rate possible when I need to. I don't plan to make the fast charge the typical charge rate for my batteries.

The specs on the Parrot Anafi website states that the "Maximum Charging Power" for the flight battery is 24W. So, as I understand USB-C power delivery, is that the battery will only permit the charger to deliver a maximum of 24W. So any charger rated for higher wattage, will no provide any benefit in the way of faster charging. Right?

Eric

Hey, thanks for all the replies and recommendations. I'm looking at all your recommendations to decide which one to buy. Please chime in if you have an opinion on the subject. I will definitely take a look at each one. I'll let y'all know which way I go once I decide!

Thanks again, Eric

Hey, thanks for all the replies and recommendations. I'm looking at all your recommendations to decide which one to buy. Please chime in if you have an opinion on the subject. I will definitely take a look at each one. I'll let y'all know which way I go once I decide!

Thanks again, Eric
Anker. And Anker cables. Seems to be good quality. I have 3 single port (USB c port only) Ankers to charge 3 batteries. I also use this car charger if that interests you:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B071WYF9HP?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_yo_pop_mb_pd_t2

Reactions: VonZipper
Anker. And Anker cables. Seems to be good quality. I have 3 single port (USB c port only) Ankers to charge 3 batteries. I also use this car charger if that interests you:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B071WYF9HP?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_yo_pop_mb_pd_t2

dm, sounds like a good set up. What kind of charging times are you seeing with the Ankar wall charger versus the car charger? I also saw this Ankar multi-USB (although only one jack is PD) for $10 more. I guess I could get that one for one battery and other stuff like phones, etc. and two of the single port PD chargers for the other two batteries?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0712252Z...subtag=AgEAAAAAAAAAAR8XAAAAAEs_YPcAAAAAW4n5XQ

Last edited:
dm, sounds like a good set up. What kind of charging times are you seeing with the Ankar wall charger versus the car charger? I also saw this Ankar multi-USB (although only one jack is PD) for $10 more. I guess I could get that one for one battery and other stuff like phones, etc. and two of the single port PD chargers for the other two batteries?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0712252Z...subtag=AgEAAAAAAAAAAR8XAAAAAEs_YPcAAAAAW4n5XQ
I’ve actually never timed the chargers. I just set them and go. But I “noticed” that wall chargers seemed pretty fast versus a 10watt standard iPad USB adapter. Also I lied!!! I have the Anker car adapter, but I actually never used it because they had a power inverter in the truck. So can’t say how much difference in speed there is.

I’ve actually never timed the chargers. I just set them and go. But I “noticed” that wall chargers seemed pretty fast versus a 10watt standard iPad USB adapter. Also I lied!!! I have the Anker car adapter, but I actually never used it because they had a power inverter in the truck. So can’t say how much difference in speed there is.

Roger, that. I appreciate the input!

]Don't know. I have:
Helperinc USB C car charger 63 W PD 3.0, QC 3.0 Amazon.
Works good, charging time about 105 Minutes.[/QUOTE]

Dirk,

I really like the look of the Helperinc charger; it looks well constructed. However, I was unable to find the manufacturer's website. Do you know if they have one? Only place I could find the Helperinc charger was on Amazon.

Eric

No, it is a Chinese Ltd. named Shenzhenshi Yibo Keji Youxiangongsi.
If a homepage exists I would probably not be able to read it.

No, it is a Chinese Ltd. named Shenzhenshi Yibo Keji Youxiangongsi.
If a homepage exists I would probably not be able to read it.

Okay, cool. I'm sure I couldn't read it either! How long have you had it? What are your thoughts on it? Any concerns or issues with it so far?

Eric

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut