Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Flight plan for Parrot Anafi online

Looking over the graph line for Speed there was two little dips at the very beginning of the Orbit. Not sure what happened there. Other then that it was a pretty slow and smooth flight.

Orbit.jpg

Looking over the graph line for Speed there was two little dips at the very beginning of the Orbit. Not sure what happened there. Other then that it was a pretty slow and smooth flight.
It may be a failure in GPS accuracy.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Here is the video. At the start you can see the little twitch it makes where one of those dips in the speed graph is. Other then that the rest is as smooth as soft butter. :)
I added a little music to it just so you don't get bored going around in a circle. POI was the pitching mound.

Be very careful with that!
It is a nice idea, but without be able to control the ascending/descending speed, which seems not always to be the same or constant, depending on the speed the bird flies, that is a tricky feature

It's possible. Choose a low flight speed that allows you to easily control the situation in the air.

By the way, I don't know if the speed indicated in the flight plan is airspeed or ground speed. Since there is already too much trigonometry in the formulas for calculating coordinates, I will assume that this is the ground speed.

Here is the video. At the start you can see the little twitch it makes where one of those dips in the speed graph is. Other then that the rest is as smooth as soft butter. :)
I added a little music to it just so you don't get bored going around in a circle. POI was the pitching mound.

Thank you very much for this experiment!

If you open the flight plan file, you will see that the speed values at all points are exactly the same. So, I have no guesses as to the nature of this twitching.

It looks like a very useful tool however my Spanish is only good enough to order food and drink on holiday and my Russian is non existent. Would it be possible to add English as an alternative language?

It looks like a very useful tool however my Spanish is only good enough to order food and drink on holiday and my Russian is non existent. Would it be possible to add English as an alternative language?

LOL
I hear ya about the English but if you use google chrome it translates it very well. :)

To do this, I will have to make too many changes to the site configuration. I think that automatic translation is a good solution in this case. I don't speak English either, but we can communicate here.

Have you thought about adding a option to make a oblong circle? This could come in handy for doing long buildings or stadiums.

qMXyf.png

Reactions: abant
Copy the web adress into Chrome browser, it should offer you to translate it in to YOUR language

Reactions: Liger 1956
Have you thought about adding a option to make a oblong circle? This could come in handy for doing long buildings or stadiums.
I'll think about it. In addition to circular flights, there are other interesting options that I would like to make. A circular ascent or descent on the surface of a cone, for example. While we are quarantined I am out of work and I have a time. If everything goes as bad as expected and Spain is left without tourists this year, then I will be out of work, but with a lot of free time. Then I will make several options, including combined ones.

Excellent and thanks for the work you have done already. Hope your not out of work for to long. It is pretty much the same everywhere in the world so we are all in the same storm but not in the same boat.

I modified the page. Now you can build three types of orbits.

There is one thing I doubt. When we create a flight plan in FreeFlight, the altitude is always specified as an integer. The flight plan that the page generates contains heights with an accuracy of 1 cm, that is, with two characters in the fractional part. This plan is perfectly loaded into the program, but all heights are still displayed in whole meters. Only a test flight can tell you exactly how the altitude will change: smoothly, as recorded in the flight plan file, or less steadily, as displayed on the program screen.
1587400233447.png 1587400308318.png

Reactions: Seven Ng
As much as I would love to do some testing today I am afraid the wind is not playing nice today. Very strong gusts of wind so no flying for me today.Opera Snapshot_2020-04-20_124452_www.uavforecast.com.png

@abant Very nice work. Conversion to English works great in both Chrome and the new MS Edge (based on chromium)

from someone who has never attempted a flight plan previously, but having time on my hands now, been having a play with them, I have a question regarding one of your settings.

Now I might be having a "blonde or Senior moment", but could you explain "Actual azimuth of the POI from the starting point of orbit"

I just cannot get my head around that one. Everything else I have managed with OK.

Many thanks

@abant Very nice work. Conversion to English works great in both Chrome and the new MS Edge (based on chromium)

from someone who has never attempted a flight plan previously, but having time on my hands now, been having a play with them, I have a question regarding one of your settings.

Now I might be having a "blonde or Senior moment", but could you explain "Actual azimuth of the POI from the starting point of orbit"

I just cannot get my head around that one. Everything else I have managed with OK.

Many thanks
This parameter is specified in degrees and specifies the starting point of the circle.
(Hold the mouse pointer over the caption and the explanation will appear)

This parameter is specified in degrees and specifies the starting point of the circle.
(Hold the mouse pointer over the caption and the explanation will appear)
I think I get that :) I did read the text under the caption..... but it still didnt mean anything :) I think it must be a senior day today

I think I get that :) I did read the text under the caption..... but it still didnt mean anything :) I think it must be a senior day today
North of the POI is 360 degrees. If you want to start the circle from the south, enter 180. If to the east it is 90, if to the west it is 270. So it is understood?
Azimuth.jpg

Last edited:
North of the POI is 360 degrees. If you want to start the circle from the south, enter 180. If to the east it is 90, if to the west it is 270. So it is understood?
No. Look at this.
azimuth.jpg
So, if you want to start the circle from the south, enter 0.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut