Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Flight plan for Parrot Anafi online

Sitting here bored on my couch and I was thinking if it is possible to merge a Orbit flight plan into a already made flight plan that I have run before? Maybe a crazy Idea but I wonder if it can be done. :unsure:
I have a flight plan that I take off from my back yard and fly over to a river not far away and go up the river to the falls. This is where I would like to inset the Orbit and when its done I would like it to carry on with the first flight plan. Maybe a crazy idea but sounds like like a good experiment to try. LOL

I have not yet testet any orbit in the air, but I think, you can build a orbit/flightplan extension with manually extending the orbit.(had also the idea, to build a orbit into a flightplan)

Do an orbit, where you wanna have it, at the falls. Do a lot of wp's, take the first and the last one (perhaps a 2 round orbit is better) and move it to your HP
And insert wp's between HP and orbit, so that you get your old route again

Does the camera always point horizontal in the spiral mode?
The POI height in the flight plan is set in the middle between the highest and lowest point.
I am not sure that Anafi will change the camera angle when changing the altitude so that it is always pointed at the POI. Even so, you can redefine the POI height before you start flying.

Now you can.
Oh, I forgot: Thank you

And another question:

The azimuth thing, is that really neccessary?
Wouldn't it be a lot easier, to mark the entry point by normal compass position?
I mean, our Anafis are flying straight from where you start the flight plan to wp 1, gaining height on the way. Not like others, gaining the height first, flying after to wp1

With a little twist in my mind, and not really checking that in the flight plan, perhaps doing that quickly on a phone or tablet on site, it could easily 180 degree wrong.
Thinking the wp1 is just above me, but instead it is behind the massiv Buddha statue, I wanna circle around and flying the bird straight into it.

Would be totally my fault, of course.
But why not prevent this, by simple doing it on compass 1-360 degree?

?

Reactions: d95gas
I hope that tomorrow I will finish another interesting flight plan for hyperlapse shooting. I have my doubts about some things. At the vertices of this trefoil, the drone changes its direction quite sharply. The speed cannot be set to less than 1 m/s, but it is obvious that it must be zero at these points. Has anyone tried creating a flight plan with a sudden change in direction? How does the drone move in such cases?
1587766704774.png

Reactions: d95gas
I hope that tomorrow I will finish another interesting flight plan for hyperlapse shooting. I have my doubts about some things. At the vertices of this trefoil, the drone changes its direction quite sharply. The speed cannot be set to less than 1 m/s, but it is obvious that it must be zero at these points. Has anyone tried creating a flight plan with a sudden change in direction? How does the drone move in such cases?
View attachment 3946
It usually slows down to about almost 0 because the "automatic progressive course" feature is not like it should be.
But you could ad a couple more wp's at the vertex, to smoothen that a bit.
That's what even Parrot is advising for almost all "harder" direction changes.
And that is almost/often everything under 180 degree for the Anafi ;-)

New type of the flight plan - "Trefoil".

In total, on this page you can create 16 different flight models by changing the shape and number of ascents.
Before you create a flight plan, you can see how it will look. To do this, click "Show points".

I'm sorry, I don't have time to translate into English or Russian yet. I'll do it later.

Last edited:
Small comment.
1. At the moment, there is no change in flight speed, since these flight plans were developed for use in hyperlapse mode.
In a single-ascent flight, the altitude changes as a function SIN in the range from -PI/2 to PI/2.
2. In a flight with two ascents one ascent to the maximum altitude is actually performed, and a third of the entire mission is performed by the drone at this altitude. The altitude changes are linear.
3. In a flight with three ascents the altitude changes as a function SIN in the range from -5/6*PI to -1/6*PI on each of the sections between the vertices of the trefoil.

Last edited:
I tried all 16 options. It seems that Anafi ignores the altitude indication with centimeters, since sometimes there is a sharp change in the altitude. This may also be due to the accuracy of GPS positioning. In addition, I was flying on a small area with a small number of reference points. This may also be the reason. At the beginning of each flight plan, there are a few strange changes in speed, as if the drone can't decide what speed to fly at. I don't have an explanation for this yet. We need more tests.
1587995618930.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Since I can't localize the cause of the speed problems at the initial stage, I decided to extend the initial stage so that the problem works until entering orbit.
For the "Orbit" flight plan, I added 5 points before entering orbit. The points are located on a straight line that is tangent to the circle at the point of entry into the orbit. The distance between two neighboring points is 2 meter. The speed changes linearly from 1 m/s (at the first point) to the set speed. For example, if the speed you set is 3 m/s, then the speed of the drone at the points on this line will be: "1", "1.4", "1.8", "2.2", "2.6" and 3 m/s at the first point of the orbit.

1588073421494.png 1588073865759.png

If that solves the problem, then I'll add the same acceleration trajectory on other flight plans.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Tested your work, today
I am impressed, but still there are stop and go's in it.
Start having the idea, that some Anafis have them more, and some have them less to almost not.
Anyway, I wanted to ask you, about a chance to get some extra in, and perhaps out, wp's

You did beat me to that, but could you make them a bit more distanced to each other?
So that minimum the 1. wp is available to drag away from the orbit?
(And, perhaps he same after the orbit, ..., ...)
I still like the idea, to use YOUR solutions but extend it before, and perhaps afterwards, into a extended "orbit/spiral/trefoil" flightplan

Back to my flights, today: I tested all 3. versions with one battery of flying time.
1. Orbit: I did a 2 round orbit, which strangely had height changes DURING the orbits.
Have no idea, what went wrong, will look into it
2. Spiral up: I did a 3x spiral, which worked very well, but I did play save, with a low speed, so I had to stop it after 2 spirals, to make it to the
3. Trefoil.
After I did fly to the center and a bit around, which are the lines in the flightplans.
Could have flown outside, but ... ;-)

I attach the FF6 graphic and GPS
On the graphics you can see, MY Anafi is slowing down at almost every wp.

15712.jpg
15713.jpg

Reactions: Seven Ng and abant

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stefante