Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Flight plan for Parrot Anafi online

Yep, ok, you did not set a radius.
But because you showed the speed, I have no clue about the distance between points and POI.
I am still trying to find the reason, that my Anafi almost always (only almost, unlucky! ;-) is "stopNgo" flight-planning.
I did try MORE wp's, which seems not really the solution.
Unless you call "so many, that the drone hardly can get on speed from on to another" as solution
But it can be also, that my flightplans are just to close to the object and therefor there are to big changes at a point.
On your video , I can see the wp's, but just from changing the flight direction, not from stopping.

Oh, how about the speed graphic also, please?
The 5m is your setting, which speed was it flying?
Thanks

;)

Yep, ok, you did not set a radius.
But because you showed the speed, I have no clue about the distance between points and POI.
I am still trying to find the reason, that my Anafi almost always (only almost, unlucky! ;-) is "stopNgo" flight-planning.
I did try MORE wp's, which seems not really the solution.
Unless you call "so many, that the drone hardly can get on speed from on to another" as solution
But it can be also, that my flightplans are just to close to the object and therefor there are to big changes at a point.
On your video , I can see the wp's, but just from changing the flight direction, not from stopping.

Oh, how about the speed graphic also, please?
The 5m is your setting, which speed was it flying?
Thanks

;)

Does the plans with stopngo include any camera angle changes due to POI ?

Actually, on an orbit the angle should be the same, distance stays the same, right?
Just the bird has to rotate.
But still it happened
On the trefoil, which I have tested lately, yes the camera angle is always changing.
And that works very well. Just the bird accelerates and slowes down, from wp to wp

But before I have tested with litchi to flight plan , even several POI's on the flight.
There I got "mixed" results.
Some points flying through, most stopNgo

I blame the Anafi for it!

But would like to understand why some pilots report smooth fligh plans!

Actually, on an orbit the angle should be the same, distance stays the same, right?
Just the bird has to rotate.
But still it happened
On the trefoil, which I have tested lately, yes the camera angle is always changing.
And that works very well. Just the bird accelerates and slowes down, from wp to wp

But before I have tested with litchi to flight plan , even several POI's on the flight.
There I got "mixed" results.
Some points flying through, most stopNgo

I blame the Anafi for it!

But would like to understand why some pilots report smooth fligh plans!
Different firmware and software?

When the speed changes at waypoints, the drone moves in jerks. This happens regardless of whether the "progressive course" mode is enabled.
1588585010635.png
So I disabled the linear speed increase at the initial stage of the plan. Now the speed does not change during the entire flight plan.

I made a spiral yesterday and moved the first waypoint to my take off spot and added one for landing back at home point. Other then the bad color I got from adding a LUT it worked out pretty well. I should have had it set to rotate the other way around so it would have looked smoother at the start but never thought about that till after the fact.
Like I said don't pay to much attention to the color as I know I screwed it up in post.

I don't know what the slight twitching of the image is related to, but I think it's the fault of the Youtube encoder. It looks like the drone was moving quite smoothly.

I flew one orbit 3 times , today, plus one time a trefoil.
The orbit looks smoother, still some "hooks"in the beginning. I have to check the video, but livestream looked better.
The graphic shows still stopNgo (beginning of the orbit, perhaps I need to to a double orbit with landing and off/on, to get a better graphic)
The trefoil however seems not to be changed, is it?IMG_20200506_161008.JPG
The last part, defined by higher altitude, was manual flight ;-)

Reactions: abant
When the speed changes at waypoints, the drone moves in jerks. This happens regardless of whether the "progressive course" mode is enabled.
View attachment 4063
So I disabled the linear speed increase at the initial stage of the plan. Now the speed does not change during the entire flight plan.

Can you do this also for trefoil?

I flew one orbit 3 times , today, plus one time a trefoil.
The orbit looks smoother, still some "hooks"in the beginning. I have to check the video, but livestream looked better.
The graphic shows still stopNgo (beginning of the orbit, perhaps I need to to a double orbit with landing and off/on, to get a better graphic)
The trefoil however seems not to be changed, is it?View attachment 4078
The last part, defined by higher altitude, was manual flight ;-)

Watched the video, the orbit is pretty good now!

Just the entrance is "bumpy"
And to get a full 360, smooth, I think we will have to orbit twice in one plan.
Or at least plan two and stop the plan after 1 and a bit.

Ok, thanks, I really need either try a bigger trefoil radius or have to try a more distant option next time, then.

Hi,
Unfortunatly I can't use your plan on IOS ... any ideas ?

Hi,
Unfortunatly I can't use your plan on IOS ... any ideas ?
Yes. Please create a custom flight plan manually, save it, and upload an archive with a folder of this plan in response to my message. On Android devices, the flight plan is saved in a folder with the name you assigned to the plan. I hope it's the same on iOS devices.

I will study the differences and make a version for iOS.

Android saves flight plans here: "/sdcard/FreeFlight 6/flightPlan/..."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320