Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight 6 mod app - With Special Features

Anafi Extended
FW ANAFI 1.7.6
FF6 6.7.1 FCC BATTERY mod
Channel 48 FCC
Tablet Teclast M89 MT8176 Hexa Core 3GB RAM 32GB 7.9 Inc

Good evening guys,

I did tests today with 2 batteries.
The problem of horizontal stabilization came to the fore again.
I noticed at RTH that it did it to me again, but also at the beginning of Reveal that I shot by chance.
I have already written to Parrot again and I am waiting for answers. I have also sent them a video with the problem.
The link for anyone who wants to see it's

I'm sure they will fix it in a future update.
I will try again.

Anafi Extended
FW ANAFI 1.7.6
Channel 48 FCC

Good evening guys,

I noticed at RTH that it did it to me again, but also at the beginning of Reveal that I shot by chance.
I have already written to Parrot again and I am waiting for answers. I have also sent them a video with the problem.

I will try again.
I had noticed this same behavior after the previous FW upgrade to 1.7.3 in October
Same thing on multiple Anafis - not all the time though and only on manual RTH
Seemed as it was hunting to point the camera toward home point - rotating right and left
Really strange - I have not noticed it recently though
please let us know what Parrot says

I had noticed this same behavior after the previous FW upgrade to 1.7.3 in October
Same thing on multiple Anafis - not all the time though and only on manual RTH
Seemed as it was hunting to point the camera toward home point - rotating right and left
Really strange - I have not noticed it recently though
please let us know what Parrot says
Parrot at first time before a week told me that must reset the Anafi. After reset it, now I wait for answers for this video that I send to Parrot. I will told you what happened.

I have been working on modding FF6 with some of the extra (special) features they are offering for the US army and USA version of the Anafi.

Since the 1st day of owning the Anafi - mapping has been an weak point in the App, the need for online maps and the fact that you cannot preload large areas, or choose the type of mapping has been pretty annoying.

Finally with version 6.7.0 these features are there, but not for us normal Anafi folks - until now.

My mod enables these features :-

1. Import and use custom map tiles.

Using standard (as used by Google Map / Microsoft Maps / OSM / etc) raster map tiles in a folder structures of map name / zoom / x / y.png

You can also import a ZIP file with the necessary map tiles, if you prefer to keep your maps separated in ZIP files.

It can handle zooms levels of 2 to 21.

View attachment 4963View attachment 4964

2. Import KML files.

You can import KML files to show place markers, polygons, lines, etc - you can now mark out areas like places you can fly or not. Places of interest, and flying routes. Possibilities are endless with this.

KML will show up on the map as an overlay - most display style types are shown - line width and colours etc.

View attachment 4955View attachment 4958

3. Automatic custom maps by putting your tiles / zip files / kml files in to the Phone / Freeflight 6 / Custom maps folder on your phone. Anything in this folder will be shown on the map without importing.

View attachment 4960View attachment 4961

4. Display co-ordinates in the HUD Map, with Drone position, Dynamic position, and movable reticle. Co-ordinates can be copied to clipboard, and shared. Co-ordinate units are selectable between LATLNG, MGRS, UTM, and DMS

View attachment 4965View attachment 4966View attachment 4967

DOWNLOAD LINK & CHANGELOG

THIS IS MODIFIED SOFTWARE, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, POSTED FOR INFORMATION & ENTERTAINMENT ONLY.

ChangeLog (18th October 2020)

1) FCC MOD - Wifi location set to US
2) UBLOX ephemeris data - 2 weeks offline data (vs. orig 1 week offline data)
3) UBLOX ephemeris validity - 240 hours (vs. orig 96 hours)
4) UBLOX offline data download left at every 48 hours
5) GPS Position Display features enabled
6) Custom Map Import features enabled
7) KML file parsing and import features enabled

Bug fixes.

1) Fixed Parrot bug where the Y tile name was incorrectly calculated, causing custom tiles to be placed in the wrong place (typical Parrot they got the maths wrong to calculate the Y tile filename).

BATTERY VOLTAGE DISPLAY

THIS IS MODIFIED SOFTWARE, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, POSTED FOR INFORMATION & ENTERTAINMENT ONLY.

After many many hours of work on this, I finally managed to get battery voltage display. This is an experimental build with extensive changes, as listed below - so needs testing and feedback!

ChangeLog (12th November 2020) (Updates from 18th October 2020)

1) UBlox ephemeris now downloaded every 24 hours
2) Created new class/functions to get Drone Battery Voltage from ARSDK3 library
3) Created new class/functions to get Battery Voltage in to GroundSDK from ARSDK3
4) Modified GroundSDK BatteryInfo class to now include Voltage
5) Created new class/functions to update Voltage when it changes
6) Created new class/function to display Battery Level and Battery Voltage in Piloting Top Bar Right
7) Created conditional logic to trigger Battery Warning below 7190mV, and Battery Critical below 6800mV (existing warning below 20%, critical below 10% stay the same)
8) Made layout changes to reduce margins around top bar and widen drone status bar, as well colour adjustments - to fit new information.

Changelog (30 November 2020)

1) Cosmetic changes - Warning and Critical Battery colours removed transparency to aid visibility
2) Adjusted battery voltage notices Warning below 7190mV, Critical below 6990mV

Changelog (10 December 2020)

1) FF6 updated to v6.7.1
2) Enabled Screenshot feature from piloting screen
3) Enabled Light mode - FF6 interface can be switched between full or light mode
4) Fixed battery voltage warning logic to change order of trigger against battery level

Download from google drive :-
FF6 Mod Folder

FF6_6_7_1_SE_BATTERY.apk - Standard with SE and Battery features
FF6_6_7_1_FCC_SE_BATTERY.apk - FCC with SE and Battery features

(FF6_6_6_2_FCC_BATTERY.apk - FCC with Battery Display for users of firmware 1.6.x)
Great work Anafipilot1, thanks. I installed 6.6.2 because I still have Anafi FW 1.6.1 and Skycontroller 1.6.2.. When I check the battery voltage at the screen right upper side, I see a red box with battery percentage(Parrot normal info) and direct next to it "0mV". Even if i place a fully loaded battery, it still shows 0mV, is that correct? Or do I only get a sound warning when it's below a certain voltage? Thanks, Ton

Great work Anafipilot1, thanks. I installed 6.6.2 because I still have Anafi FW 1.6.1 and Skycontroller 1.6.2.. When I check the battery voltage at the screen right upper side, I see a red box with battery percentage(Parrot normal info) and direct next to it "0mV". Even if i place a fully loaded battery, it still shows 0mV, is that correct? Or do I only get a sound warning when it's below a certain voltage? Thanks, Ton
That's very interesting . May be it is a version issue....mine works....I am on Drone V1.6.8 and Sky controller V 1.6.3 with FF6 6.7.1 Else check with a different battery

Anafi Extended
FW ANAFI 1.7.6
Channel 48 FCC

Good evening guys,

I will try again.
Has this horizontal issue been resolved or is it a real concern with the FF6 6.7.1 ?

for me the voltage display works with 1.6.3 Anafi firmware.

That's very interesting . May be it is a version issue....mine works....I am on Drone V1.6.8 and Sky controller V 1.6.3 with FF6 6.7.1 Else check with a different battery
Indeed, I tried also another battery, but the same thing, 0 mV and a red window. I guess it has to do with the Firmware versions. I could indeed try with FF6 6.7.1.. thanks

Ok, this is the same version I installed. May be I try to install again. I read somewhere that the batteries also have a firmware version, i never came across this, is that correct?
I haven't updated anything since the 1.6.3 firmware. The battery is also on the old firmware.

I haven't updated anything since the 1.6.3 firmware. The battery is also on the old firmware.
I haven't since 1.6.1?. Ok, good to know, thanks. Probably here's the difference why mine doesn't work. Hopefully Parrotpilot1 can shine some light on this issue.

I haven't since 1.6.1?. Ok, good to know, thanks. Probably here's the difference why mine doesn't work. Hopefully Parrotpilot1 can shine some light on this issue.

Yes it will be the firmware of the drone is clearly not sending the battery voltage.

Yes it will be the firmware of the drone is clearly not sending the battery voltage.
Ok, thanks AnafiPilot1 for your confirmation. I guess I can't upload version 1.6.3 to the Anafi. I'm stuck now with the latest version of the Anafi firmware, is that correct? Thanks

Unfortunately no way for you to be selective in which firmware you go for. There is no option for rollback, so its either stay where you are, or upgrade to the latest and then use the application that "AnafiPilot1" has modified for us, which shows you the voltage, which should stop the "Falling out of the sky" issues.

Never tried it myself so not sure if this would work - but you can upload the firmware file directly to the drone via it's webserver (IP 192.168.42.1) - but you would need to determine the parrot URL to download the firmware version you are after.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davecat44