Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight 6 mod app - With Special Features

Hola después de actualizar mi anafi siempre tiene problemas con la cámara, arroja un error en rojo en el dibujo de la cámara. Lo he probado con la apk oficial de parrot en un ios y también con adroid apk mod. a partir de ahora estaba en vuelo y la cámara enloqueció a alguien con ese problema. Algo mas al aterrizar edron no se detiene inmediatamente parece que tiene mucho poder en el suelo y se volvio

Unfortunately no way for you to be selective in which firmware you go for. There is no option for rollback, so its either stay where you are, or upgrade to the latest and then use the application that "AnafiPilot1" has modified for us, which shows you the voltage, which should stop the "Falling out of the sky" issues.
Thank you d95gas, I was afraid of that ;-). Then I have to trust my batteries and stay above 50% to be safe, and may be wait for a newer FW version which solve the current (gimbal) problems, as I understand? Unfortunately, I also don't like the autoland function, because in summertime I go boating and bring my Anafi with me, so flying above water is tricky :-(. Do you know from which version onwards the autolanding has been introduced? Or is that only dependig on the FF6 version? Thanks

Never tried it myself so not sure if this would work - but you can upload the firmware file directly to the drone via it's webserver (IP 192.168.42.1) - but you would need to determine the parrot URL to download the firmware version you are after.
Ok, that could an option yes, thanks. Then I have to check whether other "hobbyists" have managed to do this.

Many people (Incl myself) have tried many different ways of getting the correct firmware we want on the Anafi after Parrot pushed out a load of firmware updates that caused significant issues. All without success I'm afraid.

There has been a few different methods used by different people on this forum, but due to the way Parrot have locked things down, none of it has been of any use.

The other thing to be aware of, is the potential to brick the Anafi if corruption of the firmware creeps in whilst trying to upload one over another.

Now that we can see the battery voltage on the main screen (thanks to the work of AnafiPilot1) we have better control over whats going on when flying, this alone should prove valuable in preventing the Anafi from just dropping out of the sky.

Reactions: sibujacob
Many people (Incl myself) have tried many different ways of getting the correct firmware we want on the Anafi after Parrot pushed out a load of firmware updates that caused significant issues. All without success I'm afraid.

There has been a few different methods used by different people on this forum, but due to the way Parrot have locked things down, none of it has been of any use.

The other thing to be aware of, is the potential to brick the Anafi if corruption of the firmware creeps in whilst trying to upload one over another.

Now that we can see the battery voltage on the main screen (thanks to the work of AnafiPilot1) we have better control over whats going on when flying, this alone should prove valuable in preventing the Anafi from just dropping out of the sky.
Ok, thanks a lot, great information. I am indeed afraid to brick the Anafi by doing so. So better for me to upgrade to the new versions and apply ParrotPilot1's upgrade. Thanks d95gas!

Congratulations for this nice work. It is fully compatible with Pix4DCapture (tested this afternoon).
The Voltage information together with the %capacity is a valuable addition...
For the FPV view (that I use for some roof inspection), the new mV information of the battery is not implemented. Would it be possible to include it ?

Congratulations for this nice work. It is fully compatible with Pix4DCapture (tested this afternoon).
For the FPV view (that I use for some roof inspection), the new mV information of the battery is not implemented. Would it be possible to include it ?
PLEASE ADVICE WHICH VERSION OF THE ANAFI DRONE FW ARE YOU USING ?

I have tried uploading multiple different firmwares, older, the same version and even newer which was included inside the apk's obb file before, but the firmware update process needs to be triggered from within the application, at least that is what I think. The webserver upload always fails due to bad file, even if it's an unmodified, directly extracted file. While the webserver cannot be used for update or not in an easy way at least, it can tell you some other interesting information, so worth taking a look.

You can download firmwares using this link format: where "x.x.x" is the firmware version. For example: https://firmware.parrot.com/Drones/0914/1.7.4/ALL/anafi_update.tar.gz for version 1.7.4 which is the latest version available.

@AnafiPilot1 in your examination of the FF6 app have you stumbled upon the routine that downloads new firmware to the Anafi? I assume, a dangerous word, that it must read, or remember, the version already loaded and only enable the update routine if there is a later version available. I assume, that word again!, that FF6 asks the Parrot server which us tye latest version and that the link is not hard coded into the .apk.

It would be good to think that there is a way around of rolling back the firmware, even if its a challenge to use mortals.

I cant believe that Parrot dont have the option in their workshops, especially when they are testing...... Not that they seem to do a lot of that :)

I have tried uploading multiple different firmwares, older, the same version and even newer which was included inside the apk's obb file before, but the firmware update process needs to be triggered from within the application, at least that is what I think. The webserver upload always fails due to bad file, even if it's an unmodified, directly extracted file. While the webserver cannot be used for update or not in an easy way at least, it can tell you some other interesting information, so worth taking a look.

You can download firmwares using this link format: where "x.x.x" is the firmware version. For example: https://firmware.parrot.com/Drones/0914/1.7.4/ALL/anafi_update.tar.gz for version 1.7.4 which is the latest version available.
Indeed interesting links, thanks. But I guess we need also a modded FF6 app to be able to upload firmware to the Anafi.

Reactions: sibujacob
It would be good to think that there is a way around of rolling back the firmware, even if its a challenge to use mortals.

I cant believe that Parrot dont have the option in their workshops, especially when they are testing...... Not that they seem to do a lot of that :)
For sure they can do that. In the past I developed CD and DVD systems (within Philips) and of course you want to be able to switch back to an older version if needed.

Hi there. Always went with the Parrot official updates but seeing this thread I was wondering if using the FCC mod will achieve longer distance flights. Live in EU and is kinda frustrating to lose signal in couple hundred meters. I'm on 6.7.1 version now with drone 1.7.6 and controller 1.7.0 and three batteries updated. Should I try it? Will I be able to get FCC (longer distance flights)? Then, I saw Auriga software and there is another possibility but first I think this mod is more easy to try. Thanks in advance.
And a happy new year.

Sent from1+7T using Tapatalk Pro

Hi there. Always went with the Parrot official updates but seeing this thread I was wondering if using the FCC mod will achieve longer distance flights. Live in EU and is kinda frustrating to lose signal in couple hundred meters. I'm on 6.7.1 version now with drone 1.7.6 and controller 1.7.0 and three batteries updated. Should I try it? Will I be able to get FCC (longer distance flights)? Then, I saw Auriga software and there is another possibility but first I think this mod is more easy to try. Thanks in advance.
And a happy new year.

Moving to the FCC mod should give you a decent increase in power and therefore better range, hence why us in the UK were keen to get the FCC mod ;-)

Reactions: quetzalquatl
And a happy new year.

I measured the difference in power between CE and FFC mode and it's about 8dB difference, which is about a factor 6 more power, and with that you can fly at least twice as far. Of course it depends also if there is a lot of interference of other Wifi sources. You also have to realize that de radiation shape not optimal when you fly directly above yourself. You have to change direction of the controller.

Last edited:
@AnafiPilot1 in your examination of the FF6 app have you stumbled upon the routine that downloads new firmware to the Anafi? I assume, a dangerous word, that it must read, or remember, the version already loaded and only enable the update routine if there is a later version available. I assume, that word again!, that FF6 asks the Parrot server which us tye latest version and that the link is not hard coded into the .apk.

The FF6 has the minimum version information set but as far as I can see it is a standard http upload of the firmware to the drone.

When I next do more work on the App, I can check if the mod can be done on the FPV view.

The FF6 has the minimum version information set but as far as I can see it is a standard http upload of the firmware to the drone.
But how can you evoke the right upload. I guess the FF6 app has to tell from which url it should be loaded, is that right?

Well... As I said I'm on 6.7.1. I downloaded FF6_6_7_1_FCC_SE_BATTERY.apk and tried to install on top. No avail.
0c59953f297791d9cbbf2283a9379c35.jpg
193ab4c436bd89587f4a925970d302cd.jpg
729c336b85fad2a27bb08948dfb415ac.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davecat44