Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight 6 mod app - With Special Features

Updated to version 6.7.1

Parrot have made some big changes to the code base in this release, some changes I noted.

• Extra local media / phone media manager code
  • Extra alarms (Follow Drone too low, Follow Target too close, Verbose TF POI Take Off, Heading Lock Changed, Wind State Changed, Vibration Level Changed)
  • Calibration recommended alerts
  • Extra camera alignment code
  • Lots and lots GPS location validity code changes everywhere in the code
  • UA (Army) Model gets Light Mode interface
  • Feature unlocking is done by model type now MK3 Model, UA Model, USA Model- Possibly they are going to release a MK3 standard Anafi which is NOT a UA or USA model, so they needed to change the code to allow this, why else bother changing so much code!
AnafiPilot1, hope to fix it with Special mod.

I have ff6, modified, in version 6.7.0. Today a message appeared asking to update the software version 1.7.3 to 1.7.6. I assume this is a firmware update. So in order to update everything, I think that first I have to uninstall the current ff6 (I keep the folder com.parrot.freeflight6, to put it back), install the new modified version 6.7.1 and then launch the 1.7.6 firmware update. Is this how I should proceed?
My thanks for your support.

Last edited:
I have ff6, modified, in version 6.7.0. Today a message appeared asking to update the software version 1.7.3 to 1.7.6. I assume this is a firmware update. So in order to update everything, I think that first I have to uninstall the current ff6 (I keep the folder com.parrot.freeflight6, to put it back), install the new modified version 6.7.1 and then launch the 1.7.6 firmware update. Is this how I should proceed?
My thanks for your support.

If you are running my modified FF6 6.7.0 then you just install 6.7.1 you do not need to un-install or anything else.

Your phone will treat it as an upgrade.

If you are running my modified FF6 6.7.0 then you just install 6.7.1 you do not need to un-install or anything else.

Your phone will treat it as an upgrade.
I put the .xml of the map mark into the Custom maps and it can be successfully displayed on ff6_6.71. When I put the .png into the Custom maps, it is completely useless.

I flew today for the first time, after installing the modified app, latest version.
I used a battery that was already 'sick', it was fully charged, it made 13 minutes of flight, indicating 12% remaining. The warnings came as expected and everything went wonderfully. Thank you for your work, so I'm getting back to trusting this drone.

Reactions: BRC
I flew today for the first time, after installing the modified app, latest version.
I used a battery that was already 'sick', it was fully charged, it made 13 minutes of flight, indicating 12% remaining. The warnings came as expected and everything went wonderfully. Thank you for your work, so I'm getting back to trusting this drone.
what is the mod app version. Did you get GPS instantly.
Did you get any camera vibrations.

Well I finally got around to install this. I really would like to thank AnafiPilot and all others. I have taken all advice and have now added a new improved battery maintenance schedule and I am monitoring % vs voltage values with a chart and with my screen recordings of all flights. So if a forced autoland or fall from sky happens maybe my data can help.
This hopefully will keep both of my little birds in the air where they belong.

The only negative for me is that I cannot use my iPad anymore with its nice big screen, I have again regained confidence to fly the Anafi.

It is nice having the voltage shown. It honestly gives so much more confidence.

I do not fixate on it - as the voltage will fluctuate quite wildly depending on the power load, but once you get that RED signal the voltage has dropped below 7v, it is time to bring it back in.

Testing has shown that the voltage trigger for critical autoland is around 6.6v.

Last edited:
I have obtained some data for everyone to discuss.

I used the following:

Anafi - 2 crashes. 1 at 20% battery "Fall from Sky" test flight in my Living Room : 1 pilot error while doing a Dolly Zoom (Tree Branch) onto grass.
Battery - 38 Flights 7.0 Flight Hours 36 Full Charges to 100% 40% - Average of battery at landing for all flights (Although there were mapping flights that go it down to around 10% on a couple of missions.

This battery had a forced autolanding at 30% power while using Pix4D Capture. Within a few days I then conducted a test flight in my house to see battery behavior which ended in the drone "Falling From Sky" at around 20% battery level.

Start of test with a fresh charge to 100%.

Battery Health Screen on Free Flight 6 stated 77%

1608426599768.png

At the forced Auto Landing the drone started down, then "fell from sky" (Was hovering at about 3 feet, descended 2 feet before power loss made it fall 1 foot onto a pillow).

If I had been using this battery and heeded the yellow warning I could of had the Anafi on the ground and safe.

I LOVE THIS MOD!

I just need Pix4D Capture to show the battery percentage.

I have obtained some data for everyone to discuss.

I used the following:

Anafi - 2 crashes. 1 at 20% battery "Fall from Sky" test flight in my Living Room : 1 pilot error while doing a Dolly Zoom (Tree Branch) onto grass.
Battery - 38 Flights 7.0 Flight Hours 36 Full Charges to 100% 40% - Average of battery at landing for all flights (Although there were mapping flights that go it down to around 10% on a couple of missions.

This battery had a forced autolanding at 30% power while using Pix4D Capture. Within a few days I then conducted a test flight in my house to see battery behavior which ended in the drone "Falling From Sky" at around 20% battery level.

Start of test with a fresh charge to 100%.

Battery Health Screen on Free Flight 6 stated 77%

View attachment 5250

At the forced Auto Landing the drone started down, then "fell from sky" (Was hovering at about 3 feet, descended 2 feet before power loss made it fall 1 foot onto a pillow).

If I had been using this battery and heeded the yellow warning I could of had the Anafi on the ground and safe.

I LOVE THIS MOD!

I just need Pix4D Capture to show the battery percentage.
there is no doubt, the mod is doing its job. It's time to again take the Parrot Anafi into confidence. Do you think you can advice all Anafi users to upgrade to firmware 1.7.1 without any other concerns !

there is no doubt, the mod is doing its job. It's time to again take the Parrot Anafi into confidence. Do you think you can advice all Anafi users to upgrade to firmware 1.7.1 without any other concerns !
I wouldn't recommend anything. I am no expert on these matters. I'm sure more knowledgeable people will chime in. I also would take it to heart if I said to do something and someone loses a bird.

But, you did remind me that I didn't say which firmware I was using.

Firmware Used: 1.7.6

Also I just noticed that I should of posted this in the "Battery Discharge Results Using Modified Android app" thread. Sorry.

I wouldn't recommend anything. I am no expert on these matters. I'm sure more knowledgeable people will chime in. I also would take it to heart if I said to do something and someone loses a bird.

But, you did remind me that I didn't say which firmware I was using.

Firmware Used: 1.7.6

Also I just noticed that I should of posted this in the "Battery Discharge Results Using Modified Android app" thread. Sorry.
please send the link to that thread

what is the mod app version. Did you get GPS instantly.
Did you get any camera vibrations.
It is the latest version "FF6_6_7_1_FCC_SE_BATTERY.apk - FCC with SE and Battery features". I didn't take the GPS instantly, in fact, it never happened, even in previous versions, but it didn't take long. No camera vibrations.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stefante