Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight 6 mod app

so I was right when I wrote that the rules are tightening in the EU and that's why Parrot did something with firmware. So, if you find that you are in a CE country, the new firmware will close this forever. From now on, you can only upgrade if you want FCC, set it up with the modded app, remove the SIM card and update indoors without GPS or with Fake GPS.

Gips Jakab says “the new firmware wil close this forever” this means when you have a CE lock inside Europe you can never upgrade again to FCC i think. Even when you go to America with your drone. Correct me if i wrong.

What is the best option to make more range without every time, cat and mouse playing with Parrot. I see something from alientech duo antenna or from fpvlr is there anybody did some test with this modification antenna in CE mode ?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

@Wollie80 According to the email I just got from Parrot on the subject of FCC & CE modes, they stated "when in America set your phone to America, the Anafi will see the change and switch to FCC".

I responded that since the last firmware and software upgrade that does NOT work.

Back to waiting another week for a response.

@Wollie80 According to the email I just got from Parrot on the subject of FCC & CE modes, they stated "when in America set your phone to America, the Anafi will see the change and switch to FCC".

I responded that since the last firmware and software upgrade that does NOT work.

Back to waiting another week for a response.
Have you somehow resolved that you can't be fooled by old methods? Perhaps you know where the surrounding wifi signals are from?

Tried every trick going. The phone I use is set to USA, FakeGPS is running and all weather and maps shows me in New York, even the map in FF6 is showing me in New York, but still not switching to FCC.

I suspect either the RC1 application or 1.64 firmware has a bug stopping it switching.

Tried every trick going. The phone I use is set to USA, FakeGPS is running and all weather and maps shows me in New York, even the map in FF6 is showing me in New York, but still not switching to FCC.

I suspect either the RC1 application or 1.64 firmware has a bug stopping it switching.
Yes, I've read about your problem from the beginning. But you set everything up on your phone, and I think the drone's wifi system can handle not only the remote, but everything else ... They have made the software so that the drone can detect where it is in which country. Parrot therefore claims to switch to the FCC in America.

As American drone operators try to understand how the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) drone Remote Identification proposal would affect them, one of the most concerning issues is proving to be the requirement that every drone transmit the location of its pilot in near-real time.

The ability to locate a drone pilot
is extremely useful for police, airports and other authorities to quickly resolve safety and security challenges, but we also understand why some drone pilots don’t want their location available to just anyone.

Soon we may have another hobby, because if all these interventions pass, then we will have to say goodbye to drones forever....

There's a lot of technical challenges to get that to work. And of course the bad guys will not comply anyway. All a bit pointless.

In the future European Rule, drones of a certain weight will have to be identified and the telepilot will need a registration, but not for drones such as the Anafi...

Reactions: highanddry
Some people say they are able to stay in fcc after latest update...I have 1.6.4 on drone and 1.6.3 on the controller but there's no way

Some people say they are able to stay in fcc after latest update...I have 1.6.4 on drone and 1.6.3 on the controller but there's no way

I said in a quote above before update I used fake gps and I had fcc channels. Now with 1.6.4 on drone, 1.6.3 on the controller and FF6.6.5 - rc1, I 'm still heve fcc channels. Maybe lock with these fake gps before. Now I don't need to used fake gps.

I said in a quote above before update I used fake gps and I had fcc channels. Now with 1.6.4 on drone, 1.6.3 on the controller and FF6.6.5 - rc1, I 'm still heve fcc channels. Maybe lock with these fake gps before. Now I don't need to used fake gps.
I tried with 3 Phones, always with fakegps before open the app, tried with old ff and latest 6.6.5 with no result...fakegps works because on the map the controller is in Usa, I really don't know what is wrong

I tried with 3 Phones, always with fakegps before open the app, tried with old ff and latest 6.6.5 with no result...fakegps works because on the map the controller is in Usa, I really don't know what is wrong
How did the update take place? What was FF6 up to?
Did you do it indoors without a GPS? Which country are you in?

Here's what Anafi can identify in which country:
- GPS coordinates
- Mobile service provider
- Wifi router sign
If any of you find out that you are in CE (not using Fake GPS or FF6_FCC mod during upgrade) then you may have locked it to CE ...
Currently the solution is unknown ...

It is not legal to use the FCC in CE countries, so I think Parrot has been forced to make the transition difficult. Just look at this forum for Parrot programmers to work out their system and find another solution.
I wonder what's going on with the drone left in CE in FCC country (I think it's switching to FCC)

How did the update take place? What was FF6 up to?
Did you do it indoors without a GPS? Which country are you in?

Here's what Anafi can identify in which country:
- GPS coordinates
- Mobile service provider
- Wifi router sign
If any of you find out that you are in CE (not using Fake GPS or FF6_FCC mod during upgrade) then you may have locked it to CE ...
Currently the solution is unknown ...

Clear, I updated using latest app, I was in CE with no fakegps on...
So there is no way to get out? I'm in Italy, after update I tried both indoor and outdoor always with fakegps on..

Clear, I updated using latest app, I was in CE with no fakegps on...
So there is no way to get out? I'm in Italy, after update I tried both indoor and outdoor always with fakegps on..
Then there's nothing to do. The new firmware is locked to the standard of your country.
The solution is not known yet.
For those who haven't upgraded: To stay on the FCC in a CE country, use the fake GPS and / or the FF6_FCC mod app before upgrading. Switch your phone to flight mode or remove the SIM card.

Having the firmware use the Anafi's GPS location instead of your phone or tablet is not uncommon. I also moderate on the Autelpilots forum where @ds2atc tried to mod the Autel App. All the CE testers found that they could not switch to FCC mode. We finally determined it was hard coded into the firmware and there was nothing more @ds2atc could do. So like I said before if you are not happy with your signal strength then maybe start looking into better Antennas. There are options out there. Google and Youtube are your friend when looking for answers on modding the controllers antenna.

Reactions: Zigzag84 and d95gas
Hi Augustine,
For me its not about wanting more power with FCC, I am more than happy flying with what I have here in the UK, as I always fly VLOS, too **** scardy-cat to lose the drone :)

Its more about "The challenge", I wouldn't mind so much if they did things right, but the last few times they seem to be making some serious mistakes.

in addition when I go to the states I want the drone to switch to FCC. I think we can clearly see that this will NOT be the case as they have locked it in, so from that point of view they have taken away one of my options.

Even Parrot agree that it SHOULD switch, but at the moment because of what has been done in the upgrade, CANNOT switch.

When I purchased the Anafi, I knew I would fly in various countries and liked the option of switching between CE & FCC, given I spent good money on this, I believe they should not have the right to just lock things out at will..... Or what will it be next?

DJI went this route.... Big Brother & we will dictate what you can and cannot do...... and look what that led to..... A dedicated team busting wide open what DJI were up to, and as a result caused them some severe pain with the U.S Government....... Not saying any more on that.

I will put soap box away now (y)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sohkie