Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight 6 mod app

The problem is, that I believe some in the UK who installed the RC1 application and then 1.64 drone update, have FCC channels, and some dont..... Doesnt seem to be any real logic to it at the moment.

I used FakeGPS to put myself, first in France, and then USA. Map in FF6 clearly shows me standing in the location FakeGPS says I am at, but still no FCC channels. Ch 1 - 11 and then 5Ghz starting at 161

Hey heres an idea, move to Canada. Maybe you can stay with Prince Harry and Meghan till you get on your own LOL. Lots of wide open country for you to fly in FCC mode.

Hey heres an idea, move to Canada. Maybe you can stay with Prince Harry and Meghan till you get on your own LOL. Lots of wide open country for you to fly in FCC mode.

Many moons ago we nearly did. Company I worked for wanted me to move family and everything out to Ontario on a 10yr contract. Kids were only toddlers then and we turned it down...... How we wish we had jumped at the time :)

Reactions: Ratmir
It may be irrelevant but I mention it.
Google has recently updated the google maps application with changes (?) to gps and location information.
I haven't yet upgraded ...

I have updated only the drone's firmware to 1.6.4 when I was prompted to do so by the modded app and still have got FCC channels. I have not updated to 6.6.5, I still have the modded 6.6.2. I am located in Greece. What I have to add here is that I have set my phone's (android) location/region to USA a while ago, since I was flying the Bebop 2 and left it like this since then. Back then, the FFPro app was getting its location information from this setting. Maybe this is why some guys have FCC channels and others not, just a theory.

Reactions: dkokki
FF6_6.6.2.203_FCC

This app has potential risks since its code has been modified.
Do this at your own risk.

Thanks,

If you have problem while initial synchronization,
1. Install FreeFlight 6 on official Play Store.
2. Navigate to /Android/obb/com.parrot.freeflight6/
3. rename the folder such as com.parrot.freeflight5
4. Uninstall the official app, and install FF6_FCC
5. rename the folder to original

Should the GPS fake app also be installed for it to work?

Should the GPS fake app also be installed for it to work?
You don't need to install any extra things. Remove the original FreeFlight 6, then install this one.

Now there's a way to change the between CE and FCC mode too if you install the APK included in THIS post.
If you want to be in CE mode, select channel 11 or 161, then reboot your drone. After rebooting you can choose any channel to fly with.
If you want to switch to FCC mode then select ANY OTHER than channel 11 or 161, then reboot the drone. After rebooting, you can use any channels once again.

If you don't want selectable modes, just install the one in your post.

Many of people having problems with the latest update, 6.6.5 and 1.6.4.
So I recommend you guys to stay with the old versions unless it forces you to update your drone and the controller.

Recently 3 Anafis have fallen down without any reason in Korea.
I don't trust the latest version of app and firmware. so I don't want to upload what I don't trust.

I've recently updated the drone to the latest 1.6.4 firmware while using the old v6.6.2 FCC mod. I have not updated the application.
I had 3 flights, both for 2 battery worth of time. Haven't had any issues thankfully.

I back what DS2ATC is stating .... I have tried everything now, and cannot get out of CE mode, so whatever 1.64 has done to the Anafi, it has done it in dramatic fashion :-( unfortunately for me and others.

Reactions: Stratos77
Is there a chance, to get the modded app to IGNORE any updates?

I would not need an ori app, that is checking on fw/app updates.
I would "just" need, or better: like to have an app with only the map functions online.

Is there a chance, to get the modded app to IGNORE any updates?

I would not need an ori app, that is checking on fw/app updates.
I would "just" need, or better: like to have an app with only the map functions online.
Yes disable auto update in playstore and stay like me with modded 662.203 and not update anafi firmware stay with 1.63 and controller 1.62. I not update anymore with this firmware i have all and plus unlimited altitude and switch from FCC-CE CE-FCC and not think parrot in the future insert other new function than restricted new EU rules.

I know, how to disable updates from google.
But isn't there a chance, to disable the "E.T."- function (phone home) in the modded app?
So that FW updates would need a ori app, to be pushed onto the bird?
Right now, it looks like that there is no chance, to stop the bird forever from updating!

And, of course, leave the modded app online for sat/maps

I know, how to disable updates from google.
But isn't there a chance, to disable the "E.T."- function (phone home) in the modded app?
So that FW updates would need a ori app, to be pushed onto the bird?
Right now, it looks like that there is no chance, to stop the bird forever from updating!

And, of course, leave the modded app online for sat/maps
If you not click on button (Update 1.6.4) the drone never update at new firmware.

Reactions: Ratmir
If you not click on button (Update 1.6.4) the drone never update at new firmware.
I have to admit, I did not really pay attention to this, so I may confuse that with a different bird.

But it seems to me that I couldn't take off the other day (some day last year, I think), b/c the app wanted first to update the birds fw before it allowed me to start the Anafi
I remember, because I really hate that, when it happens "in the field".
It just sucks the juice from the battery for unneeded delays!

But:
Can it be that this happened AFTER an App update, in case App and FW "needed each other" to be on latest level?

So this afternoon a little more testing, and I now think I have exhausted every option going.

Tried without SD Card
Tried with SD Card
Tried connecting and using phone/Anafi in WiFi mode
Tried blocking Anafi from getting GPS
Tried with FakeGPS set to USA
Done at least a dozen full resets of everything

On both the tablet and Huawei XT2 I am running the last version of the Modded APK from "ds2atc", having done total wipes on the devices and rebuilt only installing the modded APK.

I am at a loss as to what else we can try. When I run FakeGPS, both Google Maps, and the Anafi map show me in New York, so thats working fine, just nothing will switch channels to FCC.

It would be interesting to learn if someone who is locked to CE mode, then visits the states, will it allow FCC mode... In the early does there was no doubt it would, and we expected it, after all we generally like to travel with these devices.

Now I am not so sure it would switch, but just leave you locked to CE mode, which is extremely unfair.

@ds2atc Don't know if you have done any ADB work connecting the Anafi to a laptop/desktop via USB ? to see if we can find the file/location where they have set the lock down ?

If anyone else has any other ideas, I am more than willing to help and try and resolve this for the community.

So this afternoon a little more testing, and I now think I have exhausted every option going.

Tried without SD Card
Tried with SD Card
Tried connecting and using phone/Anafi in WiFi mode
Tried blocking Anafi from getting GPS
Tried with FakeGPS set to USA
Done at least a dozen full resets of everything

On both the tablet and Huawei XT2 I am running the last version of the Modded APK from "ds2atc", having done total wipes on the devices and rebuilt only installing the modded APK.

I am at a loss as to what else we can try. When I run FakeGPS, both Google Maps, and the Anafi map show me in New York, so thats working fine, just nothing will switch channels to FCC.

It would be interesting to learn if someone who is locked to CE mode, then visits the states, will it allow FCC mode... In the early does there was no doubt it would, and we expected it, after all we generally like to travel with these devices.

Now I am not so sure it would switch, but just leave you locked to CE mode, which is extremely unfair.

@ds2atc Don't know if you have done any ADB work connecting the Anafi to a laptop/desktop via USB ? to see if we can find the file/location where they have set the lock down ?

If anyone else has any other ideas, I am more than willing to help and try and resolve this for the community.
Tried with old 6.6.52rc4 dev from august2019?. I update a year ago the anafi beta firmware the first unlock the altitude of 150m

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
veloviento