Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight 6 mod app

Ok now it's getting very bizarre.

Anafi has always run the modded version of the application to give me FCC channels, which I have always had.

Tonight removed the modded APK and installed the new RC1 application. Rebooted and powered everything up, first it wanted to update bird to 1.6.4 Which it did just fine.

From that point on NO FCC mode.

So got out my standby device which has the modded 6.6.2 (and always showed FCC channels), only this time, tis only showing standard EU channels and no FCC channels.

Took a while for both bird and controller to get Green on GPS, but even then only show EU channels.

Just cannot understand it, as the standby device has not been touched at all. Only thing that has changed was the update to the bird.

Anyone throw any light on it?

Oh and just to add to the equation. My main tablet where I removed 6.6.2 for the new RC1..... I reverted it back to 6.6.2..... and still no FCC :-(

Any suggestions most welcome

Did it not want to update the controller also?

There is setup info stored in drone. Before installation new version or mod delete memory used by mod in smartphone. After reboot the drone by pressing ON button for 8-10 sec ( red leds flash) you can change FCC to CE on setting Wi-Fi channel to #11 or #161, and back to FCC from CE by setting any another Wi-Fi channel and again reboot drone. This is true to the latest mod by ds2atc on page #43. Better to use for flights this latest stable mod 6.6.2.
Due to the overlapping freqs better to choose in 2.4 band channel #1, #6 or #11. #6 is preffered. In 5 band channels #153,#157 or #161.
Imho

Ok now it's getting very bizarre.

Anafi has always run the modded version of the application to give me FCC channels, which I have always had.

Tonight removed the modded APK and installed the new RC1 application. Rebooted and powered everything up, first it wanted to update bird to 1.6.4 Which it did just fine.

From that point on NO FCC mode.

So got out my standby device which has the modded 6.6.2 (and always showed FCC channels), only this time, tis only showing standard EU channels and no FCC channels.

Took a while for both bird and controller to get Green on GPS, but even then only show EU channels.

Just cannot understand it, as the standby device has not been touched at all. Only thing that has changed was the update to the bird.

Anyone throw any light on it?

Oh and just to add to the equation. My main tablet where I removed 6.6.2 for the new RC1..... I reverted it back to 6.6.2..... and still no FCC :-(

Any suggestions most welcome
Try with old 6.52 fcc modded apk. If you d ont have I upload for you. Long ago i had a similar problem and i solved it this way. after I put back the latest version (better to stay with the last stable 6.6.2)

Shall give it a try tonight when I get home. I did go through the phone and ensure that all references to the "Parrot" and "Anafi" were deleted, but will def try tonight with both devices

Try with old 6.52 fcc modded apk. If you d ont have I upload for you. Long ago i had a similar problem and i solved it this way. after I put back the latest version (better to stay with the last stable 6.6.2)

Thanks, going to try again this evening. I have all the files generated by DS2ATC.... Nice little collection

Do you think that only firmware upgrade (for anafi & SC3) will cause problems for those who do not upgrade and keep freeflight 6.6.2 mod FCC ?
There may be a problem.
On the other hand, how dangerous are flights without any upgrades?

And the saga continues :-( ....... So 2 different devices, Phone and Tablet, tried every version we have ever had modded, nothing will show FCC Channels on either device.

So now starting to convince myself the firmware update yesterday has locked something in. In the middle of this, I am starting to confuse the hell out of myself.

So can I clarify, in order to get this showing, does the Controller and Drone need to gave good green GPS, OR is that irrelevant as its fixed to FCC mode in the software, so doesn't depend on GPS telling it where it is? It's freezing out there at the moment :)

Regardless of whether I stand outside and get a good GPS signal, or whether I stand inside, doesn't seem to make any difference.

The tablet and Phone are used for nothing else but the drones, and upto last night with RC1 and Firmware update, there has never been any problem.

So just need a little clarity on process before I lose the will to live :)

Thanks

And many hard resets done

Last edited:
Thread has been unlocked to perhaps help some members having issues with the App.
The official modded App has not been updated so use caution if you have updated your firmware. It is not fully understood what might happen using a older App with newer firmware. The choice is yours and ParrotPilots takes no responsibility to what might happen.

Hello friends,
Nowadays I am studying Python and haven't checked this thread for a week. I didn't noticed that the new version has come out.

As you guys remember, we already had a lesson that Parrot's "rc" versions are dangerous and difficult to roll back.

I do not understand why Parrot has released the rc version on the play store, but since many of you already have installed it, I will check what have been changed inside.

I have some questions to clarify the problems and information given here.
1. Is your drone not getting FCC channels?

2. Is your drone not getting FCC signal strength? Have you tested the flight range?

3. Does your drone have other problems?

4. Please describe what have you done before experiencing problems.

5. Where is your current location?

I have looked at the code, and nothing has been changed.

Parrot provides an SDK for drone software developers to create apps and software that support automated/machine control. There are many public/private projects using the SDK, so changing the core funtions is almost impossible.

I think this issue is very similar to issues we experienced with the in-house apk. It suggested updating the drone, and we had many problems with the updated firmware.

From Anafi's release, the firmware is a kind of black box. We don't know what's inside.
so if you want to use FCC, I reccomend you not to update the firmware until problem solved.

I have updated the firmware to 1.6.4 and still I can use the mod the latest version with FCC channels visible

Do you think that only firmware upgrade (for anafi & SC3) will cause problems for those who do not upgrade and keep freeflight 6.6.2 mod FCC ?
There may be a problem.
On the other hand, how dangerous are flights without any upgrades?

As I got to informed (at the begining of January), the latest incidents of motors stopped on the air and drop down, it was due to not firmware updated.
But this does not mean that the latest 1.6.4 is safe, or have been done for the same purposes.

Hello friends,
Nowadays I am studying Python and haven't checked this thread for a week. I didn't noticed that the new version has come out.

As you guys remember, we already had a lesson that Parrot's "rc" versions are dangerous and difficult to roll back.

I do not understand why Parrot has released the rc version on the play store, but since many of you already have installed it, I will check what have been changed inside.

I have some questions to clarify the problems and information given here.
1. Is your drone not getting FCC channels?
Correct. Totally locked out of FCC even with FakeGPS

2. Is your drone not getting FCC signal strength? Have you tested the flight range?
No - Cannot get FCC at all

3. Does your drone have other problems?
No other problems

4. Please describe what have you done before experiencing problems.
See below

5. Where is your current location?
United Kingdom

Hi DS2ATC, nice to see you are still around.

I installed the RC1 from the store, which then got me to update to 1.64 on the drone. Since then I cannot get FCC Mode no matter what I try, even with FakeGPS no luck.

Have done full reset of devices (2) and Anafi, installed all your packages 1 by 1, and nothing, looks like totally locked out
of FCC Mode :-(

Strongly worded email to Parrot support, but I dont expect they will do anything at all.

Hi DS2ATC, nice to see you are still around.

I installed the RC1 from the store, which then got me to update to 1.64 on the drone. Since then I cannot get FCC Mode no matter what I try, even with FakeGPS no luck.

Have done full reset of devices (2) and Anafi, installed all your packages 1 by 1, and nothing, looks like totally locked out
of FCC Mode :-(

Strongly worded email to Parrot support, but I dont expect they will do anything at all.

my friend,

I have all latest updates with fcc channels, I don't know why some guys have CE and other like me have FCC ?

its all very odd to say the least. Which country are you located in?

I have just brought an iPhone home from work to try that and see what results I get, but fairly confident its locked into the bird.

I have just brought an iPhone home from work to try that and see what results I get, but fairly confident its locked into the bird.

like Agustine said, I'm from Greece.

Its better to specify in which countries there are problems with the lack of FCC channels, seems to be connected with the latest drone regulations in the EU. But GB is brexit off EU just now

Last edited:
The problem is, that I believe some in the UK who installed the RC1 application and then 1.64 drone update, have FCC channels, and some dont..... Doesnt seem to be any real logic to it at the moment.

I used FakeGPS to put myself, first in France, and then USA. Map in FF6 clearly shows me standing in the location FakeGPS says I am at, but still no FCC channels. Ch 1 - 11 and then 5Ghz starting at 161

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stefante