Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight 6 mod app

We had a page going for it but it kind of died because of the Android modded App.
You can see if this helps you out.

I must be missing something here in the UK. Visual line of sight must be maintained at all times in our busy skies, and we have autonomous flight so why muck about with a perfectly good app and risk a navigation error by tricking the gps? Would you like to be in a small aircraft / microlight maybe that has a collision with a drone?
If it ain’t broke - don’t fix it...

I must be missing something here in the UK. Visual line of sight must be maintained at all times in our busy skies, and we have autonomous flight so why muck about with a perfectly good app and risk a navigation error by tricking the gps? Would you like to be in a small aircraft / microlight maybe that has a collision with a drone?
If it ain’t broke - don’t fix it...

Well thats just the point. Lots of people using CE mode over in the UK have terrible connections. Heavy Wi-FI is the problem and could cause the UAS to crash just 100 feet away. All people want is a better and reliable connection so they can fly safe and with in the rules. As it stands now the crappy WI-FI in CE mode does not give them this. If you are happy with what you have then as you say if it is not broke don't fix it but many have broken connections and this is a solution. No one is telling you to use it and the end user takes all responsibility.

I kind of agree, it is definitely up to the operator, that’s were the buck stops if things go south. Regarding the rules there’s the little matter of CE frequency transmissions strength...

I kind of agree, it is definitely up to the operator, that’s were the buck stops if things go south. Regarding the rules there’s the little matter of CE frequency transmissions strength...
Interesting fun fact in the UK both 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz have allocations for amateur radio use. They are primarily used for satellite communication. A full amateur license allows up to 400Watt input to the antenna on both these bands. Now before everyone runs out to get an amateur radio license there is a caveat. Unlike our counterparts on the opposite side of the Atlantic we are not allowed to put any transmitting equipment on any kind of aerial vehicle, whether that be General Aviation or a model aircraft or drone (SUAV). So while we can send command and control signals at higher power levels we are still limited to the ISM limits of 25mw on 5.8GHz and 100mw on 2.4GHz for any transmitting system on the SUAV. That’s one reason that most of my homebuilt drones and model aircraft use 433MHz for the control link as I can legally use the various 2Watt UHF systems that are available on the export market.

The primary reason why most want to use the higher power is not for breaking any distance records but just to make it out of a noisy environment. As an example if I put my Anafi on CH165 I will lose connection after about 30ft when flying on my property. This is because there is a strong and wide signal that occupies the higher channels of 5.8GHz in this area.

that is interesting
I'm located in the US, earlier this year after a FW upgrade I was locked into CE mode
Range was terrible, like 200 to maybe 300 feet with laggy response and disconnects
I considered it unsafe to fly and glad parrot finally corrected issue
Otherwise I would have moved to one of their competitors
really was quite bad

It seems no change to autoland or battery management?
I doubt parrot will fix the battery issues. It is a hardware design problem. Either purchase new batteries or make your own 18650 batteries as some others have mentioned. Its cheaper to dispose the 18650 batteries.

I doubt parrot will fix the battery issues. It is a hardware design problem. Either purchase new batteries or make your own 18650 batteries as some others have mentioned. Its cheaper to dispose the 18650 batteries.
You are wrong! Not a hardware design issue. For many of us, (me too) there is no problem with the drone and the battery. Anyone who misuses it (discharges the battery very much, does not charge it afterwards, stores it charged, stores it very discharged) will wear out the battery. The test problem comes up here and it is a software problem: BMS does not follow this aging and indicates bad values and acts on the wrong values (autoland). If you showed the right values and acted on them, the only problem would be a reduction in flight time, and from that you would know that the battery needs to be replaced slowly. Replacing the battery is a part of every drone (just like replacing a brake pad in a car)

Reactions: Nidge and Martre
As @Gipsz Jakab highlights there are two different Battery Management systems at play here. There is the software version that Parrot embed into the battery, and then there’s the human version which the operator is responsible for.

The latter of the above is especially important with proprietary batteries such as those used by the Anafi as there will come a time when they are no longer available, such as the DJI Spark as an example, and then your Anafi will be flying on borrowed time.

If a battery is left fully charged or near empty for an extended period of time physical changes take place inside. Dendrites, which are crystalline fingers, form within the battery which reduce its capacity and at the same time increase its internal resistance. The increased internal resistance reduces the battery’s ability to sustain a current draw without a significant sag in Voltage. Power = Current X Voltage, so to maintain constant Current the Voltage will sag.
Eventually as these dendrites continue to grow they will eventually short circuit the anode and cathode and the battery will then cease to be.

Nidge.

Reactions: Gipsz Jakab
As @Gipsz Jakab highlights there are two different Battery Management systems at play here. There is the software version that Parrot embed into the battery, and then there’s the human version which the operator is responsible for.

The latter of the above is especially important with proprietary batteries such as those used by the Anafi as there will come a time when they are no longer available, such as the DJI Spark as an example, and then your Anafi will be flying on borrowed time.

If a battery is left fully charged or near empty for an extended period of time physical changes take place inside. Dendrites, which are crystalline fingers, form within the battery which reduce its capacity and at the same time increase its internal resistance. The increased internal resistance reduces the battery’s ability to sustain a current draw without a significant sag in Voltage. Power = Current X Voltage, so to maintain constant Current the Voltage will sag.
Eventually as these dendrites continue to grow they will eventually short circuit the anode and cathode and the battery will then cease to be.

Nidge.
I also guess what could be the reason that BMS is wrong.
It monitors (calculates) the energy charged in the battery when charging. When draining, the same amount is the basis for the level indication (count the same amount back). As long as the battery is working well, it will show the remaining charge correctly. The problem begins when the energy supplied to a worn (damaged) battery is converted into heat. The BMS also counts this energy, but it is not stored. This causes a shortage when discharged. Because of this, it shows that there is 20% left while the battery is empty.
I don't think this problem would occur if the BMS measured the internal resistance and reduced the calculation of the stored energy accordingly (because it's not in the battery, it's converted to heat)

Last edited:
Reactions: astrex
The new Anafi version 1.7.6 has problems with the horizontal stabilization. It can ruin your videos because it happens anexpectedly and without any side winds.
@ds2atc is it possible for you to make a FCC modification for Freeflight V6.1.1? I have an Anafi firmware 1.5.6 that can still transmit on FCC at full power and don't want to upgrade. Could you please release a moded version 6.1.1?

The new Anafi version 1.7.6 has problems with the horizontal stabilization. It can ruin your videos because it happens anexpectedly and without any side winds.
@ds2atc is it possible for you to make a FCC modification for Freeflight V6.1.1? I have an Anafi firmware 1.5.6 that can still transmit on FCC at full power and don't want to upgrade. Could you please release a moded version 6.1.1?
FF v6.6.9 is absolutely stable and modded to FCC

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320