Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight 6 mod app

Ok, that might be a option, too.
I just thought, it will not "update" from 1.6.4 to 1.6.2!

There's a build.prop file inside the archive which contains information about the version.
If the have security measures like I mentioned, a simple rename or modification will not work.

I did that method to catch and activate channel 40. I get the same like your image attach. But sometimes when I try to "catch" the channel again, it sometimes shows all the FCC channels (image attach). Not yet try long range test though to test if it's really FCC. But it looks legit. Will update the outcome soon

View attachment 3553
FF6_6.6.2.203_FCC
Drone 1.6.4
Controller 1.6.3

Being able to do a test today on channel 40. After 200m the connection stopped and the RTH was switched on.This is not FCC. Hope for a solution, otherwise the Anafi goes on sale.

What happen if you use the latest ff app (where you can exclude the height limit) with an old fw? Can you fly over 120 mt in manual control?

I tried modifying the build.prop file to 1.6.4.1 and also changing the date and time as well as UTC fields, even changing the permissions of the file, then uploading that to the drone without luck. Same message: "Bad update file".

I tried modifying the build.prop file to 1.6.4.1 and also changing the date and time as well as UTC fields, even changing the permissions of the file, then uploading that to the drone without luck. Same message: "Bad update file".
The firmware has a signature file with several very long strings.
Renaming is useless because every firmware has its own signature, which is probably generated by the length of the file with a formula, so you can't replace this signature file ...

etc (build.prop)
header
signature
fwupdater.bin
update.bin

Being able to do a test today on channel 40. After 200m the connection stopped and the RTH was switched on.This is not FCC. Hope for a solution, otherwise the Anafi goes on sale.
Did an altitude test today on channel 40 & manage to get 690m (above the clouds☁️?). Still got connection & can go further but I click RTH at 28%. Fly it with a not fully charged batt. So I'm not really sure if it is FCC or not. Will try another test later with full charge batt
IMG_20200305_091059.jpg

Not even a change log available, yet.
I'd say, for people already on 6.6.5/ 1.6.4, there is most likely nothing worse in the new update.
But is there anything worthwhile, in it ? ;-)
Perhaps they closing latest loopholes?
I am always doubtful, in case of quick following app/fw changes, without that there are big bugs in the last one.
Here now, since the community is trying to find a way to reverse some changes.

So the question is: What are parrots concerns about 6.6.5/1.6.4, so that there is this update so soon needed?

Following steps on my rooted phone ...
(My Anafi is on FW 1.6.3 in Switzerland)

• Started FF6 (Modded App) and it say to me to update on 1.6.4
  • Pushed on Button Update and FF6 started a download
  • After download I have replaced the original downloaded FW 1.6.4 (anafi_update.tar.gz) located in /data/data/com.parrot.freeflight6/files/firmwares/ with the laptop downloaded 1.6.3 link -> anafi_update.tar.gz 1.6.3
  • Restarted FF6 and now in Drone Status i see Installed software 1.6.3 -> Upgrade 1.6.4
  • Pushed Update 1.6.4 and upgrade procedure starts
I do not continue because my FW is already in 1.6.3 and don't want risk my drone

I did not found informations about my current installed FW 1.6.3 in /data/data/com.parrot.freeflight6/.....
Searching ......

Or a opportunity to rollback?

Not even a change log available, yet.
I'd say, for people already on 6.6.5/ 1.6.4, there is most likely nothing worse in the new update.
But is there anything worthwhile, in it ? ;-)
Perhaps they closing latest loopholes?
I am always doubtful, in case of quick following app/fw changes, without that there are big bugs in the last one.
Here now, since the community is trying to find a way to reverse some changes.

So the question is: What are parrots concerns about 6.6.5/1.6.4, so that there is this update so soon needed?

Ok, I see there the batterie "fall from sky" issue as a reaction and need for a fw update.
Just it is (for me) the question, why the batteries need update, now, AFTER the latest bird fw update.
And do need the batteries this, if not on the one month old update, 6.6.5/1.6.4?
They did not need that before, or did they?

Still, I would really read about, in the change log

Or a opportunity to rollback?
I have a hidden opportunity to downgrade firmware at DJI Spark. Pressing and holding the DJGO application menu button will bring up a menu where you can select the firmware.
Parrot does not provide (or has not yet realized) the firmware downgrade.
Reverse enginering is very difficult because anyone who knows it does not risk their own drone.

I have a hidden opportunity to downgrade firmware at DJI Spark. Pressing and holding the DJGO application menu button will bring up a menu where you can select the firmware.
Parrot does not provide (or has not yet realized) the firmware downgrade.
Reverse enginering is very difficult because anyone who knows it does not risk their own drone.
I have try by always opening update page but.... like you said ,very difficult, i cannot read the work flow in java, don't mantion we have to edit it in smail ... i almose give up XD

I remember there was an update function in the ground sdk sample app.

Sorry I am trying to follow this thread but it has become really confusing.

I modded the 6.6.6 yesterday and installed it, updated the firmware on the Anafi and 3x Batteries. I still have FCC and I am in the UK.

I can post my modified apk if anyone wants to try. However, it does have the bug where it keeps downloading the DATA OBB file on startup.

[QUOTE = "AnafiPilot1, post: 29572, membro: 3857"]
Mi dispiace, sto cercando di seguire questa discussione, ma è diventata davvero confusa.

Ieri ho modificato il 6.6.6 e installato, aggiornato il firmware sulle batterie Anafi e 3x. Ho ancora FCC e sono nel Regno Unito.

Posso pubblicare il mio apk modificato se qualcuno vuole provare. Tuttavia, ha il bug in cui continua a scaricare il file DATA OBB all'avvio.
[/CITAZIONE]
Ok public

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vonstar53