Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight 6 mod app

Might be worth experimenting with a firewall application on the tablet/phone, we know Parrot are pulling GeoLocation stuff from your device/anafi and sending it back to Parrot servers...... Bit like DJI did with all our data. So if you are currently on a good firmware with access to FCC, etc, be worth having a play with something like "NoRootFirewall" or AFWall+ (Needs root access).

I'm pretty sure it's via assisted gps using the mobile network triangulation.
I tried with fake gps and also changed my phone region and language to us and a wierd thing was happening in the location box, it was constantly cycling between a map of me in the us and a map in the uk and never settled on either

I'm just thinking I wonder whether renaming the fake gps app would work as Parrot may have incorporated it into they're firmware to check for apps with certain names, similar to how banking apps check for root access.
I think I did something with Magisk before which somehow hid root access from a banking app.

Parrot will probably eventually force an update to the current firmware when you login, at that stage you'll have one or two options don't login and continue with FCC mod but lose features or login and get full features but be forced to update therefore losing FCC or even risk been in the position @charleslee is in.
I never logged in because when I wanted, I couldn't. Now I don't want it anymore. It tells me that there is an update but since I am in airplane mode, it cannot intervene or force the update. That leaves the FCC and the opportunity to fly over 150m. (1.6.3 FW / 6.6.203_FCC FF6)

I am just wondering, can it be done with a USB stick in the batteries USB C socket?
Anyone ever tried, if there is a connection to the drone, not only to the SD card?
I saw this bebop video, could thast be a way to do it on Anafi?
I mean, suppositories are often the last chance, aren't they?

Reactions: cheetah2k
I have seen that before, I would imagine it would be similar otherwise it would be a pain for parrot to flash firmwares initially.
I have never actually watched an Anafi teardown before so don't know whether it has some sort of internal port like some drones do.
I've know some drones have an internal usb port on the board for flashing firmware etc.

I am sorry for your loss!
But the height limit: Did you check, that the geo fence is switched off?
Actually I have worse news, further tests have shown the anafi dropping out the sky between 2 to 8 min depending on my batteries. I tested all batteries and all had the same result. Battery just disconnects while in flight or on the ground and if I try to shoot a panorama it immediately drops to the ground. I tested on soft grass and low flight height.

I have escalated to Parrot Support but no response yet...

That is terrible, I hope they sort it out for you, I haven't been able to fly mine for days with bad weather but I'm now concerned about flying mine even when the weather improves.
Are you still using the modded app or the official one?

That is terrible, I hope they sort it out for you, I haven't been able to fly mine for days with bad weather but I'm now concerned about flying mine even when the weather improves.
Are you still using the modded app or the official one?
I went back to the official with the hopes that I could still fly. You can test by just turning on the drone, connect to controller/phone and wait. if the battery turns off but underside blue light stays on then update has caused the same problem. if it doesn't then you have hope. Good luck

We have the 1.63 firmware, thats not the issue. The issue is rolling back the firmware, which nobody has been successful in completing. There are people who are looking at the option to see if there is a way. The filesystem on the Anafi (not controller) will be write protected.

So its a case I guess of busting their encryption in order to make changes to it........ Similar to what the team did with the Mavic Pro.

I gotta catch up what have been discussed so far...
as you guys know, here in Korea, we are in emergency situation, and I was really busy these days because of that.

This is FCC version(no mode choice) of 6.6.6_204.
What the difference from the 6.6.2_203 ?
this version starting new firmware flash?

Last edited:

I gotta catch up what have been discussed so far...
as you guys know, here in Korea, we are in emergency situation, and I was really busy these days because of that.

This is FCC version(no mode choice) of 6.6.6_204.

Hi
I installed app 6.6.6_204 with the latest version 1.65 firmware and I do not see my FCC wifi channels. CE mode locked to version 1.65 firmware? Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stefante