Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Loss of Video Feed

Pixelstate

Reaction score
I've completed around 25 flights with my new Anafi. I have frequently experienced a loss of live video feed on a number of flights. It starts out normally but shifts suddenly to a screen resembling noise/interference. The Drone remains responsive and can be piloted and landed. If the cable to phone is disconnected and re-connected this sometime (but not always) kicks the video back in.

I have not noticed any warning messages, it appears to occur more often if I forget to switch phone to airplane mode.

I am using lastest firmware and FF6 App but I am running iOS 12 Beta on an iPhone X

Anyone else seen this and got any ideas on a resolution. It is un-nerving and impacts an otherwise great experience

Thanks

If it was recording video at the times it happened are they messed up or are they okay?
Not 100% sure... but I've not seen any evidence of problems or corruption on the footage recorded on the card. In fact the first time it occurred I fairly sure that the video recorded as normal.

Make sure you put the phone in airplane mode. I ve lost on screen video and data in flight while the controller still had a link (solid blue light). It only and always happened if i had forgotten to switch to airplane mode. Closing the app, disconnecting the cable, turning airplane mode on and restarting fixed it while in flight. Started happening after the last FF update

Reactions: Pixelstate
Make sure you put the phone in airplane mode. I ve lost on screen video and data in flight while the controller still had a link (solid blue light). It only and always happened if i had forgotten to switch to airplane mode. Closing the app, disconnecting the cable, turning airplane mode on and restarting fixed it while in flight. Started happening after the last FF update

Thank you for posting - I concur. It does appear that the problem is likely related to airplane mode.. Certainly in the situations I have experienced this it was when I had forgotten to turn Airplane mode on prior to flight. In the cases where I latterly engaged Airplane mode I did experience continued issues but had not closed and re-started app and reconnected cable. I will work to re-produce and respond to this thread with results. NOTE: I have not flown the Anafi prior to the recent FF Update and have therefore no comparison of experience

With wifi off but celular still on, i was never able to get beyond 1000'. Today i got to just under a mile range. I may have been able to push it a little further but didnt want to tempt fate :)Image-1.jpg

I tried two flights today one with just WiFi off and the other in Airplane mode.

The results were much the same with a range of 300M heading towards built up area and 500M in the other.

Some phones it seems also have GPS issues when in Airplane Mode e.g. it does not work which could lead to other issues.

How much would it have cost them to build GPS and barometer sensor into the controller?

Of course in the UK we have the lower transmission power levels making all our flight ranges pretty pathetic.

I tried two flights today one with just WiFi off and the other in Airplane mode.

The results were much the same with a range of 300M heading towards built up area and 500M in the other.

Some phones it seems also have GPS issues when in Airplane Mode e.g. it does not work which could lead to other issues.

How much would it have cost them to build GPS and barometer sensor into the controller?

Of course in the UK we have the lower transmission power levels making all our flight ranges pretty pathetic.

I can fly more than 5 times so far in the countryside before losing the connection with direct vision from the controller to Anafi.

The reason for some phones/tablets can not deliver a GPS position in airplane mode is that they do not have a GPS module built-in but must ask the transmitter-mast for the device location, which is, however, VERY incorrect.

It's guessing but, would suppose a cost $10 in material.

Here in Denmark we use the same output power as in the UK, because the transmitter operates under the same approvals.

Regards Leif

Reactions: IM35461
I've completed around 25 flights with my new Anafi. I have frequently experienced a loss of live video feed on a number of flights. It starts out normally but shifts suddenly to a screen resembling noise/interference. The Drone remains responsive and can be piloted and landed. If the cable to phone is disconnected and re-connected this sometime (but not always) kicks the video back in.

I have not noticed any warning messages, it appears to occur more often if I forget to switch phone to airplane mode.

I am using lastest firmware and FF6 App but I am running iOS 12 Beta on an iPhone X

Anyone else seen this and got any ideas on a resolution. It is un-nerving and impacts an otherwise great experience

Thanks

Same happened to me today. But no need to unpug the cable, just switch to photo mode, and the video feed will appear again.

EDIT: This discussion is from 2018. So seems like they never really improved the video feed reconnection issue.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut