Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Parrot Anafi 2 - 30th June---Anafi USA livestream €7.000 / $7.000

Well,i am waiting for trump to send that second relief money that i desperately need to Invest into that new drone ?

• Haha
Reactions: Jagerbomb52
I must admit one thing that attracted me to the Anafi was that it is a 'dumb' drone in a sense - there is no NFZ and no constant connection to the manufactuer, do not need an account or signup to operate - you can even choose if you want to upgrade the firmware - all this appeals to me.

I never understood how DJI has not been pulled up by the EU regulators (maybe none of the fanboi's have complained). I bought their DJI OSMO action cam and it required me to sign up for an DJI account before I could switch it on. That is just not GDPR - to operate an action cam does not require my data!

Anyway the OSMO was sent back to Amazon!

Posted on Parrots facebook page today.
Your data. Secured.
°
All of our drones are GDPR compliant. All of your data is accessible to you and safely stored in Europe with your consent.
°
Save the date on 30.06.2020 to discover the drone you can trust.
°
#ADroneYouCanTrust #launch #staytuned

View attachment 4452

Reactions: Skassa and mrajic
Autel is expanding in the EU. Their EVO II PRO is a very nice bird with a one inch sensor. I like my Anafi but it is time to get back to something that is solid and has a great camera.
Here is a video from a member on the other forum I moderate at. I am very impressed with the quality of the video.
EVO II Pro.

Reactions: MustangPhil
They were discounted $200 when I posted my comment. Looks like they went back up in price. I did notice the extended version in your image is sold out.
Hi,amazon had batch of Anafi drones for 440$,they are sold out now...i believe they were refurbished,in very good condition drones

Quite often in the US Amazon and or best buy have new Anafi on sale usually around holidays - Christmas, Fathers days, etc, $599 for extended
That's what i paid for both of mine(y) and that's why I have two

"Your data secured, a drone you can trust"

Honestly, isn't it really so important, if a manufacturer from china or a manufacturer from France, very closely connected to the 5 eyes, has our data?
Havin' MY data on my computer, ext. SSD, that would mean" My data secured"

And with the battery in that picture: Hopes for using the old batteries with a new bird are going with the wind, methinks!

Last edited:
[...]
All of our drones are GDPR compliant. All of your data is accessible to you and safely stored in Europe with your consent.
°
[...]

And in case you have a warranty complaint, your "consent" to USE the servers is compulsory!
So what is the big difference? The location of the servers?
Do I trust data confidelety on french/europe servers (perhaps in UK, one of the 5eyes?) more as servers in China?
Not really!
And till now, the western "agencies" are for us westeners still the bigger problem, or not?
Good, that the US-Armee don't want drones which tell "the enemy" where they soldiers playing with them, understandable.
Now the US-Army knows, where they playing with them ;-)

:devilish:

Reactions: Gipsz Jakab
If we are talking about "Anafi 2": which new models are hidden behind this?
What I could find:
1. Anafi UA:
This is obviously the military Thermal version.
2. Anafi Thermal SE outdoor tactical drone:
Also a military version ... or the same as 1.?
3. Anafi SE:
See the flyer in the attachment!
Normal Anafi like in the Work kit with some security features for military use.
4. ... are there more you know/heard of?

Attachments

• Anafi-Security-Edition.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 19
I'm afraid the ANFI SE you mentioned in third position in the included leaflet, is only the regular ANAFI we all know.
I looked at the specs and they are exactly the same as our "Old" Anafi.

By curiosity, I checked the PDF leaflet properties, and found this document was made by a guy named "Jean-Patrice Coste" (I checked his linkedIn account and he works at Parrot for the last 4 years), and the document is quite old (created at the end of 2018, and finalized more than a year ago in march 2019)

So, it's not the ANAFI 2 for consumer we should be expecting ...

Parot.jpg

[...]

So, it's not the ANAFI 2 for consumer we should be expecting ...

I never did expect an Anafi 2.
That seems higly unlikely, the "upgrade" would be to big, in special in the price.

What I would like to know: Does the US military accept that they just get the flight logs after landing and sometimes first after a restart??

Yes, I also saw that Anafi SE is not a new model, but I didn't hear of it yet.
I searched on "Anafi SE' which brought me to this page (three weeks old)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
folgorem