Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Parrot Anafi 2 - 30th June---Anafi USA livestream €7.000 / $7.000

I think this is good for Parrot. Hopefully they are making out great with their US Army contract and this civilian model will be icing on the cake.

Government Customers - This is trade war friendly and if/when the various proposed legislation are passed hurting Chinese made drones this looks to be a solid choice. Its capabilities are really awesome for Public Safety and with its security features this will be grant friendly. Here in NJ the state put out recommendations not to allow any DJI drone access to any secured network. And there are rumors that federal grants may soon not let you buy a DJI or Chinese drone with the funds.

Enterprise Customers - This would make a budget friendly enterprise drone that could provide solutions for inspections, roof thermography, and solar panel thermography. I'm sure that since Parrot is part? owner of Pix4D it will streamline into Pix4d rather nicely.

My opinion on it -

Pros -
Good Flight Time
Freeflight 6 is really easy to use
Zoom will be great for various inspections
Thermal is so much better than the Anafi Thermal Lepton sensor
Data security
Trade War friendly

Cons -
Non-radiometric Thermal (Once I have used a radiometric sensor, I have a very hard time not using one)
Like the original Anafi I do not see a parachute system being able to fit on such a small platform. It's worse now as this drone is $7,000. For me that is too much coin not to have the ability for a safety system.
No swappable cameras. I am too much of a fan of the Autel Evo II's swappable cameras. Parrot should of copied and made it so that you can have a choice of maybe a 1" sensor, 640 Boson thermal or the current offering.
Being its small form factor will make it difficult (But still possible) to add anti-collision lights for night flying missions
No insurance/warranty plan like DJI Care or Enterprise Shield. This drone costs a lot more than anything they have offered before and some type of no questions asked warranty plan would be nice.
If their customer service continues as it is now I do not see them being successful at all. With a drone in this price range, if they continue to not honor warranties and have really bad phone support they will not possibly survive in an enterprise customer market.

At work, our chief is now making the hard decision of what drone to get. Anafi USA, EVO I 640 Boson or maybe see if we can ask for enough money for a Mattrice 300 (Most likely not going to happen). As of right now the Evo II is the lead contender as our Evo I has been a rock solid performer.

For my small drone business I cannot even think of this drone. After my Anafi Thermal had a fall for no reason episode and I still have not had a warranty repair (They take up to 6 weeks to answer an email) I would not consider something this expensive from a company that does not offer $7,000 customer service. My Anafi Thermal sits shattered, while my regular Anafi has not flown since the Thermal crashed as it has problems when using Pix4D capture with forced, no warning landings.

My hope is that between the US Army contract and this, hopefully Parrot will rebound as a company, expand their offerings and bring back into the fold lost customers. I love competition and have no fanboy loyalty to any brand. A strong rebound might even bring them back into the recreation use drone business.

No nothing mentioned, I really like it.....looks solid and put together well......I shall be scouring the web for any clues to price point.

I think they will definitely aim under Parrots 7k

This is basically what I expected the Anafi USA to be:

If that costs less than 10.000 dollar then Parrot will have a big problem. I say this as the biggest Anafi fan.
The X2 gimbal setup and overall design aside from the folding mechanism is pretty much the Anafi design, down to the 2axis mechanised gimbal.

It looks like it can be repaired very easily not to mention it looks very durable with carbon fibre parts all around

Noticed the Anafi base model has gone from Amazon (they are just selling off their used/customer returns).

So is that last for the stock of NEW Anafi base models?!?

This is basically what I expected the Anafi USA to be:

If that costs less than 10.000 dollar then Parrot will have a big problem. I say this as the biggest Anafi fan.
The X2 gimbal setup and overall design aside from the folding mechanism is pretty much the Anafi design, down to the 2axis mechanised gimbal.

It looks like it can be repaired very easily not to mention it looks very durable with carbon fibre parts all around

Interesting, however that (LARGE?!) battery on the bottom exposed like that looks a little.... precarious?... possibly susceptible to damage? Even so, I will be watching this closely :)

Noticed the Anafi base model has gone from Amazon (they are just selling off their used/customer returns).

So is that last for the stock of NEW Anafi base models?!?
On official parrot website they have two links,one for amazon and other one is best buy,best buy has regular anafi for 699$$ and extended for 899$$,it looks like retalers on amazon sold out most of anafi drones,drone nerds have anafi and extended on backorder but still have anafi fpv and thermal....i think parrot sold lots pf anafis,more then we think

I see statements like this and reality is BS - in 20 years of design and manufacturing, yet to meet any US based manufacturers of passive components (e.g. Resistors / Capacitors / etc), and this is the same with silicon, there are no manufacturers of transistors / diodes / or complex IC in the US anymore. Even the Sony image sensors are made in Chinese factories, as well all the TDK sensors, uBlox GPS chips, etc, etc.....

Some of the semiconductors I use the manufacturer has parallel lines running in Taiwan and China, making the same device - so you could possible ask them only for Taiwan made devices rather than the Chinese ones.

Reality is 100% of the parts used in the drone will be made with components from China / Taiwan / Vietnam.

That statement would be believable if they said assembled in the USA rather than made in the USA.

They should issue one of them car sticker things that are mandatory on cars sold in the US where they show component origins based on % make up in the car :)

For the Anafi it would look like this 80% China, 15% Taiwan, 4.9% Vietnam, and 0.1% USA

I have personally visited large fabs in the US owned by Intel, AMD, ADI, Qualcom, On Semi, TI and others. I don't spend much professional time on low integration ICs but ADI has important business there, so does Atmel The locations and status are easy to verify with a quick internet search. Yes, most new fabs are in Asia particularly for low margin businesses but also high ASP. That is slowly changing as the cost of labor in China rises.

Be Politcally Incorrect.!
Designed in California and France
Marketed in France
Assembled in Vietnam
Items sourced from China and Malaysia
Profit go to Bermuda or Switzerland

Do you trust DJI ( Dow Jones Industrial?)

Back to Topic, I really like it, I wish I could afford it. The cameras are too cool. Maybe in 5 years....

Last edited:
What was the timeframe for this? I thought deliveries were to happen in August, with a new version of FF6 as well by now.

[...]
Back to Topic, I really like it, I wish I could afford it. The cameras are too cool. Maybe in 5 years....
Right, best first let others check out, if Parrot has a battery/fw problem with this Anafis, too!

Dealers (including us) have yet to receive the first batch, so it’s probably still a few weeks out.

Turning in to vapourware - deliveries were meant to be mid August - now 1st week October !

Cannot even find anyone (outside of Parrot) that has seen or handled this for review!

You could always joint the Webinar

Webinar Registration:

Topic
Tech Talk: The New Parrot ANAFI USA Drone & Its Ecosystem
Description
A DRONE DESIGNED FOR FIRST RESPONDERS & ENTERPRISE PROFESSIONALS

The webinar on Tuesday, October 13th at 1:00 PM (EST) is a follow-up to the Tech Talk where we introduced the ANAFI USA this past July.

Sam Sacalis, Enterprise Lead at Drone Nerds, and François-Xavier Charbonnel, Regional Sales Manager at Parrot, will do an unboxing of the new drone, discuss specs and go over compatible software and solutions.

Manufactured in the U.S., ANAFI USA offers the same high-end security, durability and imaging capabilities as Parrot’s Short-Range Reconnaissance (SRR) drone designed for the U.S. Army.

Don't miss this informative webinar. Sign up today!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320