Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Parrot Dev Team

Using my computer to go to google play store. My phone or tablet will not display it.

Click on this line and at gives you a drop down menu

I also tried the modded App and still get the parsing error.

If you would like to update, and the Play Store is not giving you the option to update, you can try this: Free flight 6 v6.5.0 on APKMirror

Parsing errors usually come from not compatible android version. I'm on 9.0 Pie in a OnePlus 5 device, however the files inside the app tell me that the minimum version is Android 6.0, and the target is 9.0. Theoretically it should run on any android device which had a version of Android 6.0 and newer.

Install the old version back, and before removing it, clear data and cache in its settings, then remove it and try to install the new one from the link.

Last edited:
That is why we probably will never see a ‘DNG Only’ option on the Anafi...

That would be a lousy excuse. Average Joe would change it back to “JPG only” in the next flight and live happily after that.

They could easily program it, that you have to press ”dng+jpg rect/wide” for 5 seconds to change it to ”dng only” and back. Or program it under some ”professional settings” tab. No excuses.

Parrot is years behind DJI in shooting raw DNG panoramas. Give us at least, 3x1, 4x1, 2x2, 3x2 dng “panorama” shoot. No need to stitch those dngs in FF app.

No excuses.

I do agree DNG only would be nice but DNG\JPEG seems to be used by a lot of other UAV manufactures. Have no idea why they do this. I even have one UAV that shoots in DNG\JPEG where the DNG has no EXIF info so you have to transfer that from the JPEG which is a pain if you have a lot of files.

Reactions: MustangPhil
Yes in my post #39 I explained I tried to use a APK and it gives you parsing errors. The same as using our modded APK in post # 41.

The App is no longer compatible with all devices.
Would be bad, because my Note 4 functions well until 6.4.3 and fits into the holder. I still want to use it as my "flight phone". :mad:
In addition it is better than some other phones mentioned here by other users.
Does anyone else have a smartphone, that doesn't work with the new version?

I really would prefer a DNG only option...

Shall I suggest you do like I did : Send this request to the Parrot Support and when they see we are a bunch of users that require this ‘simple to implement’ option, they may change their mind for a future update.

Your idea to press and maintain a DNG+JPEG option to see a DNG Only option is cool, but there would be users that would press a long time on the option and that would not know how to revert back to the original.

I was suggesting them to make it a ‘Yes/No’ option in the camera settings ‘Will you want DNG only (without JPEG files) when shooting raw files ? (Beware, your shots will need specific softwares to be seen or edited).

I’ve just been flying and shooting Bracketing DNG+JPEG files with the new FF6 edition, and it seems to me the time of ‘Black And White tempo screen’ does not wait until the processing is finished. So you get the live view to go on flying even if Raw and JPEG files are processing and storing in the Anafi’s big brain... at least I feel an improvement ! Not sure if it is a feeling or real, but next time I’ll measure time for the 14 shots and the ‘back to live view’...

I just read the Android app description:
The new version 6.5.0 needs Android 7.0+.
My Note 4 has 6.0.1. That is the last published version.

...and this issue with compatibility is a good example as to why I recommend turning off auto-updates.You can also set it up that you are notified BEFORE the app attempts to update.The majority of people have apps set to auto update.I consider them the beta-testers...

I just read the Android app description:
The new version 6.5.0 needs Android 7.0+.
My Note 4 has 6.0.1. That is the last published version.
I think this is because Google has instituted a rule that apps that want to provide updates need to raise their minimum API level requirements to certain thresholds.

...and this issue with compatibility is a good example as to why I recommend turning off auto-updates.You can also set it up that you are notified BEFORE the app attempts to update.The majority of people have apps set to auto update.I consider them the beta-testers...

In the release notes Parrot should have at least made mention of this change. Not a big deal as I can always downgrade my App to the last one that worked. I don't need Time Laspe anyways. LOL

Reactions: Thanev
In the release notes Parrot should have at least made mention of this change. Not a big deal as I can always downgrade my App to the last one that worked. I don't need Time Laspe anyways. LOL
Because the new version was not offered in the store, my last FF6 version is still running. But Anafi and controller are on the actual FW (updated hastily with my Note 8). I'm not happy with flying the newest FW with FF6 v6.4.3 on my Note 4. ☹

I can only speak for myself but I have done it a few times with no ill effects. We know the last version was stable and never caused a problem so I really am not worried about using a older version.

Reactions: Dirk_ANAFI
Same here : I use a Nexus 7 2013 Edt.
The last offiziell FW is Version 6.x. which working well with FreeFlight 6.
All other further versions from XDA have Problems with the Live Screen :(
Should /Must I buy another Tablett now?
I've buy the Nexus specifically for flight, because the tablet has nice value of brightness.... Short use for trash.... Hopefully Parrot will release a version also for devices with 32 bit and lower version.

It's now the question : If I update the Anafi and SC3 to a higher version and Fly with a lower FreeFlight 6 version... the add feature are not available... but does I received any other problems or side effects?

That's my question too.

And if I'm going to buy another phone with Nougat: just for flying with Anafi:
Will the next FF6 version (let's say 6.6.0) still run with it or will it ask for Oreo!?

Personally,I think Parrot is getting a kick-back from phone /tablet manufacturers.But not in Canada.

Parrot's next release will be a SC4 controller with an ultra brite hi-def.built-in screen.And you guessed it....but not in Canada.

All kidding aside,there is a lot to be said about proprietary controllers with built-in screens.Better to pay more at the beginning for a system which always works,or pay later in frustration because of compatibility issues or updates which leave existing hardware behind?

If Parrott want a little bit more, I'll believe the people will buy a Mavic.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
folgorem