Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Parrot Dev Team

That's my question too.

And if I'm going to buy another phone with Nougat: just for flying with Anafi:
Will the next FF6 version (let's say 6.6.0) still run with it or will it ask for Oreo!?

I posted my concern about having to get tablet or phone that would work with the updated App and here was their response. Very generic reply.

Parrot SA8 May 2019
Hi, We regret the inconvenience; our team is constantly working on supporting many more use cases and devices. Please feel free to contact our Technical Support team at 1(877) 972-7768 or Contact our support for assistance with this issue. Best Regards, Parrot Community Support

Reactions: Dirk_ANAFI
When you shoot a lot of photos, useless jpgs starts to become problem (takes time to go through files and clean up archives). Less number of files is always better in keeping a good archive of your photos. ”Only dng” option would help this a lot.
Very fast and easy fix would be to add an option to ”download only dngs”! (in gallery) from the multiple multiple ”shoots”.

However, the MOST IMPORTANT thing at this moment would be to get a PANORAMA DNG shoot.

And speed up the gallery, it is kind of slow now.

This text...:

"This update requires Android 7 or iOS 8 and above.. If your phone is below the
requirement you will not be able to update to Freefligh 6.5
If you update to Freeflight 6.5, please do not use a different device below Android 7
or iOS 8, this could result in elements being misplaced in the HUD and other
miscommunication between the drone and the application."

… was now added to the release note of FF6 v6.5.

This text...:

"This update requires Android 7 or iOS 8 and above.. If your phone is below the
requirement you will not be able to update to Freefligh 6.5
If you update to Freeflight 6.5, please do not use a different device below Android 7
or iOS 8, this could result in elements being misplaced in the HUD and other
miscommunication between the drone and the application."

… was now added to the release note of FF6 v6.5.

This is funny. I have a old iPad V2 I think. It has iOS 8.4 on it and will not update past that. If I try to load FF6 on it I am told I need at least 10.0 or later. I guess they must have a magic iPAd as I cannot get the App. LOL

Just received an email from Parrot.The NEXT update will be tested...THEN released. A new approach.

You should add a dialog: "All beta testers. They are all our beta testers. Idiots. :ROFLMAO:"

or

"We should introduce more bugs. So they have more crashes and they are going to buy more our parts.:ROFLMAO:"

Anybody else get a notice to calibrate the compass after you updated? Of all the firmware updates we have had this is the first time it actually told me I needed to do one before it would let me fly.

Reactions: Ross
I don't think I got a notice, but it showed up on the app and I did a complete calibration of that, the camera, the Anafi, and the controller after installing the update. Perhaps the notice didn't show up because I did all that before hitting the fly button.

Reactions: Ross
Shi... t Situation :
The update was delivered on my big tablet (12,2 Zoll) where I want use to created the flightplans..... The Nexus 2013 Edt. which contains only Android 6( higher customized images don't give me the live picture) are used for flights.....

I just did a flight with iPhoneX and Huawei P9 light. Bad news, for both tests I didn't have any precision point light up.
Procedure, start up controller, start up Anafi, waiting gps green-on, 20 metres away between drone and controller, auto take-off, waiting, waiting, .... no precision point light up :(
Restart both, controller and drone, same result, so bad news, no RTH when I have problems with the drone...
Any solutions?

Did you have a highly contrasted scene on the ground (not green grass, but tiles or the ‘H’ of a launch pad ?)

The drone will still RTH without the precision indication, just not as accurately....probably within 5 meters, though. It definitely needs something contrasty like a launch pad to register for precision return. I have had mixed results with Precison RTH, sometimes right over the pad, sometimes 2 meters away. I've stopped worrying about whether or not I get that message.

Reactions: taybrynn
The precision RTH doesn't land it for you anyways, should just get you closer. I don't recall it always being over the pad ... just close enough that the final manual landing is pretty easy. I actually prefer that to have it auto land. I suppose it might land if the battery is about dead?

Yeah, I prefer hand landing to autoland because I don't have a nice smooth lawn and am using the pad most of the time. Yes, it will autoland when the battery gets to maybe 1%. I don't intend to ever let it do that!....besides, the battery will last longer if it is routinely charged at around 15-20%

Reactions: taybrynn
The drone will still RTH without the precision indication, just not as accurately....probably within 5 meters, though. It definitely needs something contrasty like a launch pad to register for precision return. I have had mixed results with Precison RTH, sometimes right over the pad, sometimes 2 meters away. I've stopped worrying about whether or not I get that message.

No it doesn’t because if i push the RTH button nothing happends. So i need to see light up precision point set, otherwise no RTH for my drone.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

The precision RTH doesn't land it for you anyways, should just get you closer. I don't recall it always being over the pad ... just close enough that the final manual landing is pretty easy. I actually prefer that to have it auto land. I suppose it might land if the battery is about dead?

RTH brings the drone Vertical above the landing point, but if not indicated precision point set, RTH button doesn’t work (for me).

Did you have a highly contrasted scene on the ground (not green grass, but tiles or the ‘H’ of a launch pad ?)

So every Anafi need platform high colored to make the RTH works? Strange for me because i thought the system using the GPS coordinates as take off point and precision point?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood