Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Post any problems with Parrot Anafi FPV immersive here

Everything checks as ok, lastest firmware on both remote and Anafi (gen 1).
Parrot Cockpit Glasses V2 (bebop2) work very well on the Anaf (gen 1), capacitive button on top gives access to all functions.
Tested on Iphone8, latest app version.

Fly safe

View attachment 2689
View attachment 2690

Great post! wish i'd seen this before i purchased a generic VR goggle for £13. ah well if i do like FPV then i can always cheaply upgrade!

I know where i'll be testing out the FPV though! We have miles of flat marsh thats formed on a river near where i live, i tried out the new flight modes at the weekend:

Everything checks as ok, lastest firmware on both remote and Anafi (gen 1).
Parrot Cockpit Glasses V2 (bebop2) work very well on the Anaf (gen 1), capacitive button on top gives access to all functions.
Tested on Iphone8, latest app version.

Fly safe

View attachment 2689
View attachment 2690
Do you have any idea what the difference is between the gen 1 or gen 2 glasses.
I'm trying to find some on ebay UK.

Reactions: vekthor
Hi there

Gen 01 glasses (Parrot cockpit glasses v1) have a box where you place the mobile phone and then you slide the box inside the goggles. No capacitive buttons are available on the glasses, so, less compatible with the Anafi app (freeflight6), to be able to toggle the options menu. No way to access the smartphone without taking it out.
Also, the are heavy and big.

Gen 02 glasses (Parrot cockpit glasses v2) are identical in every way to the Gen3 of the Anafi FPV. The diference is that they lack the bottom button, but have the top button present, which allows for menu access while flying. Also are slimmer, easy to transport, and the smartphone is put in place more easily.

Gen 03 glasses (Parrot cockpit glasses v3) are the ones present in the Anafi FPV pack. (similar to Gen 02 with an extra button for FPV and outside view toggle)

Cockpit glasses v1 VS Cockpit glasses v2

Fly safe friend.

Do you have any idea what the difference is between the gen 1 or gen 2 glasses.
I'm trying to find some on ebay UK.

Last edited:
Reactions: wilb0
Thank you very much for your reply to my question.
Your answers are full of great info.
Now I need to keep looking on auction sites or Untill parrot start selling glasses.

Reactions: vekthor
I also get this in normal view as well. It is annoying.

- To remove the buzzing sound from your phone and the message regarding ‘Lossless max zoom’ while using the ev trigger instead of the zoom, go to the options (in non-FPV mode), and choose to allow digital zoom. It’s a bug, but at least this solution makes the error less ‘invasive’ as you do not use the zoom function.

- When navigating in FPV mode / advanced photo settings / scroll to the bottom to choose a fixed ISO value of ISO 100 for example (that would allow ev trigger to change speed shutter only), the ISO value switches back to Auto as soon as you leave the VR menu by clicking on the mask button on the right side of the mask. This bug is really annoying for photographers...

Reactions: McAl
Hi Guys . Managed to get my samsung gear vr to work together with my S10+ and the anafi .
I was not happy with the quality of the image I am getting on my goggles. The image is not sharp , its pixelated and you cannot see any details.

Is there any way through the app 1. to increase the quality/resolution 2. to increase the size of the 2 windows for the vr ?

Thanks in advance

Reactions: LukeT
Have you checked what resolution the S10+ is operating at?

Also as I understand the FPV/Video sent from the Anafi is in 720p.

Is there any way through the app 1. to increase the quality/resolution 2. to increase the size of the 2 windows for the vr ?

Thanks in advance
Nope & nope.

Image quality is solely down to the quality of the phone and is rarely going to be great as the phone resolution is basically being halved and magnified (so screen door effect is highly likely with lcd displays for instance).

Reactions: MustangPhil
The video signal feedback of the Anafi to any smartphone is 720p (to allow a non-laggy feedback sent from the Anafi through the WiFi signal).
720p is a resolution of 1280x720 pixels.

Like MrWhippy just wrote, this resolution is cut in half in FPV mode to allow a double image, one for each eyes.
That’s a 640x360 image for each eyes.
If you have a quick look at the screen layout in FPV mode, you will see that a portion of the image is not displayed on the corners and there is a black ‘line’ at nose level.

So it should be a less than 600x300 pixel image displayed with a ‘magnifying glass’ in front of it (the ‘pixels soup’ effect).

I was wondering if (and it may be the case already ?), the full 1280x720 signal from the Anafi WiFi could not be used for one eye only, and could be ‘doubled’ by the smartphone inboard graphic card.
The resolution of an average smartphone like my cheap PocoPhone F1 is 2248x1080, an iPhoneX is 2436x1125...
The smartphone graphic cards could be able to calculate and display a double image like 2x 1280x720 or even 1000x720 ?

I may miss something ?

Reactions: Ratmir
I was wondering if (and it may be the case already ?), the full 1280x720 signal from the Anafi WiFi could not be used for one eye only, and could be ‘doubled’ by the smartphone inboard graphic card.
The resolution of an average smartphone like my cheap PocoPhone F1 is 2248x1080, an iPhoneX is 2436x1125...
The smartphone graphic cards could be able to calculate and display a double image like 2x 1280x720 or even 1000x720 ?

I may miss something ?

It's basic geometry...
A 2.5k display can display maximum two aprox.1024x768 (720p)pictures, with all the black surroundings in FPV mode... and FF6 probably does it, too. Is it stated somewhere by Parrot that the image resolution is halved in this mode? It only falls back to 480p in certain circumstances in ALL modes, like interferences, low signal, but it's not the case here.

If you don't have at least 2.5k display, your maximum FPV resolution will be less than 720p, obviously...

Last edited:
Anafi Grounded

I've decided to repost this issue from General to here as it might possibly involve the new Software install

Jasper68Well-known member

JoinedJan 7, 2019Messages100Reaction score7

Yesterday at 11:48 AM

Add bookmark#2

Do engines start briefly and then cut out?

Report •••

W

wood_mcrMember

JoinedApr 13, 2019Messages7Reaction score0

Yesterday at 12:14 PM

Add bookmark#3

exactly, and after just 3s, before lifing up drone, they stoped

Like Reply

Yesterday at 1:05 PM

Edit bookmark#4

This is what mine is doing...all started when I updated to latest FF6 . Since I've uninstalled and reinstalled every previous version of Free Flight about a dozen times. I've reinstalled props took apart and checked every connection.Re-set both Controller and Drone. Tried different cords different Phones and absolutely nothing works always same result everthing works perfect . Tried to hand launch it runs count down powers up It launches Flys everywhere out of control.

Report •••

Today at 12:40 PM

Add bookmark#7

ok so your saying one of the engines won't fire up when you press takeoff button or all engines fire up and then just quit making the Drone bunny hop for a couple of seconds

For issue I'm dealing with no reported engine failure pops up...nothing at all everything works perfect GPS, Camara, Calibration..etc I press takeoff ..all 4 props fire up to speed for about a second making Drone jump a bit then they cut out. I've checked and rechecked all connections installed and re-installed Software tried using different cords different Phones replaced all blades etc etc..all to no avail...
I need some help with this one..

I did the update of both FF6 and the SC3 this morning and checked my previous remarks regarding bugs :

- They did correct the non-persistent settings in FPV view. Now, when you choose ISO 100, it keeps ISO 100 when you live the menu. Good point !
- They added a visible yellow indication of the +/- ev value in FPV view, but no view on the Tv/ISO couple of info in the layout. So you don’t know the aperture speed you reach when you are at fixed ISO 100 and ev+2 for example (and it may be too slow and induce blurry pics, only visible at editing time).
- The buzzing sound and message buzzing ‘Lossless maximum zoom reached’... but you are only triggering the Expo because you de-activated the zoom option is still here. Can be tricked by choosing ‘no’ In lossless zoom parameters of the non-
FPV menu.
- No histogram visible in the FPV view.

The vertical white line to indicate center of FPVgoggle is a good idea though !

On an iPhone 11 Pro in FPV mode I get only 2 tiny thumbnail size video displays. About a quarter of what I see on other phones. Thus FPV is not useable on that phone.

Has anybody seen the same issue or read about it elsewhere?

I must try it one time with me Sony Xperia premium (4K Display should be enough ;) )

IMO the iPhone 11 Pro has the same screen resolution as the iPhone X. Neither is really 4K. Either it is something else in the hardware of the iPhone 11 Pro or it is iOS 13 related. I hesitate to upgrade my older iPhone to iOS 13 because it is currently the only one that is useable in FPV mode.

I have the same problem (FPV display is vignette) and opened a ticket with Parrot. The person I spoke with had no idea so I am guessing it hasn't bubble up to their support people...

Attachments

• IMG_0593.PNG
    IMG_0593.PNG
    548.1 KB · Views: 22
It looks like if FF6 thinks the phone is in ‘forced portrait mode’ (resolution on the phone horizontal axis switched to the max vertical resolution).
To check this, could you try to start FF6 in ‘landscape’ mode or turn it horizontally and chose your phone’s option to block the image rotation before to start FF6 ?

What makes me think of this is the ‘long vertical split line’ that appeared in the new versions of FF6 (did your problem appear with this new FPV option update ?)

On recent phone, the portrait resolution may be greater than the landscape resolution of older phones...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame