Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Post Any Problems You Might be Having With Firmware Updates

Yes I always do on all my drones.

You do not have to calibrate the drone on every flight. You should only calibrate if:

you move a significant distance, i.e hundreds of miles, from you last calibration location.
the drone exhibits unusual behaviour, drifiting, magnetic warnings etc.
after a hard reset (the drone will prompt you to recalibrate).
new firmware (not sure if you really need to in this instance).

If calibration was required for every flight then manufacturers would say so and the software would force you to do so - as it does after a hard reset.

You do not have to calibrate the drone on every flight. You should only calibrate if:

you move a significant distance, i.e hundreds of miles, from you last calibration location.
the drone exhibits unusual behaviour, drifiting, magnetic warnings etc.
after a hard reset (the drone will prompt you to recalibrate).
new firmware (not sure if you really need to in this instance).

If calibration was required for every flight then manufacturers would say so and the software would force you to do so - as it does after a hard reset.
Still doesn't solve the problem of no GPS on drone after update.

Still doesn't solve the problem of no GPS on drone after update.

no it won't. The calibration is for the electronic compass. The current issue we are having is a result of firmware / free flight update. I'm not sure what you are getting at, I didn't suggest calibrating would solve anything, it certainly wouldn't have any bearing on the issue of no GPS.

I am posting a question about the firmware update 6.3.0 for Android that many problems are giving. I had a Spark and the connection between smartphone and radiocontroller had to be done with a OTG USB cable and not with a USB normal cable. Someone did this test with Anafi?

I am posting a question about the firmware update 6.3.0 for Android that many problems are giving. I had a Spark and the connection between smartphone and radiocontroller had to be done with a OTG USB cable and not with a USB normal cable. Someone did this test with Anafi?

But the Anafi comes with a USB cable.

I do not think it's Anafi's GPS that's is the problem, but the link from Anafi to the controller/FF6 that fails with both telemetry and image. Therefore, people see the red "missing GPS lock" signal and no remote picture. It is very easy to see if Anafi has no GPS lock because it will drift with the wind without input from the controller's stick. And when Anafi stays in the same place, people only need to turn off the controller and Anafi automatically makes an RTH to its takeoff place.

There is no reason to be afraid to use RTH as many seem to be. RTH should, however, bee practice using it so that it's on the backbone how it works, including remembering to set the RTH height before takeoff so Anafi does not hit anything on the way back if RTH should automatically kick in.

Regards Leif.

But the Anafi comes with a USB cable.
Yes..but i do not think the USB cable supplied to Anafi is OTG. Mine was an idea for the solution to the problem. If someone who has problems with new firmware tries to make the connection between smartphone and controller with USB OTG cable. It could not solve anything...or yes!

Hi guys, I am just received this email from the Parrot:
Yes..but i do not think the USB cable supplied to Anafi is OTG. Mine was an idea for the solution to the problem. If someone who has problems with new firmware tries to make the connection between smartphone and controller with USB OTG cable. It could not solve anything...or yes!
Parrot wrote, the problem is the firmware not the hardware. I hope the New one will arrive shortly

Reactions: Maxgi
I just sent the following text to Parrot support. This first problem is quite serious, it shakes my confidence with Anafi. Do you guys have this problem?

After update to latest software 6.3.1 and firmware, I found there are several serious problems encountered. I have iphone 8 plus.

First problem, yesterday when tried to hand launch the drone, it went lower near ground, and then it went backward without any input from me and it stopped by hitting a steel pole, luckily it just has a tiny scratch. The second instance is from today, when I landed the drone, it touched the ground, but the drone kept running, and then it flied just about the ground and flied randomly until hitting an obstacle. This time one of the blade is damaged. After replacement, it seems doing ok. Please let me know what can cause this kind of problem and way to avoid this.

The second problem I encountered is blurred video. After numerous tryouts, I think I found the issue. Any time the video is in 4k 24 fps or 25 fps, video is blurry. Only 4k 30 fps is ok.

The third problem is often the iphone screen is snowy or black not able to see drone cam view. I have to unplug the cable or restart the freeflight app.

The fourth issue is a couple of times, the drone stops recording video, the time counter is keeping at 0 (flashing). This seems to be the old issue I have (vertical cam not working warning before update), but without warming.

The fifth issue is often the horizon is tilted despite calibration.

Sell sell sell.... If they can't find a fix by Xmas time I think they're dead in the water. Why have they not pulled the update? The first thing any new owner does is update the software. Imagine that. Open, update, broken.. sweet. Thanks Parrot.. I've never seen a company sabotage themselves so hard...

Reactions: Maxgi
FYI, I just tried to fly this morning after fix one of the blade last night. Right after lifting to 0.5m, it turn around by itself and hit the park chair. Another broken blade and small damages to the other two. Very disappointed!!! Unfortunately, I turn off default video recording.

Since the update I have run 4 different way point missions. Before starting them I like to be up at least 20 feet in the air. All 4 times when I hit the start mission icon the Anafi has dropped one or 1.5 feet before starting the mission. Anyone else have this happening. This never happened before the last update at least for me.

Sell sell sell.... If they can't find a fix by Xmas time I think they're dead in the water. Why have they not pulled the update? The first thing any new owner does is update the software. Imagine that. Open, update, broken.. sweet. Thanks Parrot.. I've never seen a company sabotage themselves so hard...

Yep, that's what happened to me. Bought it around two weeks ago, had one real flight then updated it. Have not been able to fly since. I've been waiting and hoping but nothing but I think I'm done. It's going back to the store and I'll buy an Evo for now. Once Parrot figures this out and the price drops a few hundred more dollars I might try again.

Just SO frustrating! I REALLY loved a lot about it and really wanted it to work out.

Reactions: cheetah2k

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut