Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Precision Landing

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed better precision landings since the last firmware update? This is my Anafi that spent the whole winter hanging upside down in a tree with the latest firmware and I swear it is rock solid in its landings from before. There are 21 MPH wind gusts at the time of this video.

In my experience, yes, the accuracy is better since the last update. That's very noticeable, even by wind approaching 45 KPH (28 MPH).
My landing pad being rather small, it was not uncommon for the Anafi to land outside the latter (not far but still...). Since then, it is still on target without having (on some terrains) to move the landing pad urgently to avoid damaging anything (especially propellers or the sensors below).

Yes precision landing seems to work pretty good if people let Anafi hang a little moment and take a picture of the takeoff spot. Needless to say, there shut ofcourse be enough light for the camera to make a clear picture of the spot. During RTH landing, one can see that Anafi corrects the direction on the way down to hover directly over the takeoff spot.

Regards, Leif.

Well... if, as a punishment for trying to explore the surrounding trees, my Master had let me hang upside down the whole winter in a Canadian forest... I swear, with the first days of spring, I would RTH land at the exact same position I was taken off... with a millimetric precision !! (Regardless of the firmware version)

Yes precision landing seems to work pretty good if people let Anafi hang a little moment and take a picture of the takeoff spot. Needless to say, there shut ofcourse be enough light for the camera to make a clear picture of the spot. During RTH landing, one can see that Anafi corrects the direction on the way down to hover directly over the takeoff spot.

Regards, Leif.
Hi, Does Anafi take picture automatically or do I have to take picture manually

Hi, Does Anafi take picture automatically or do I have to take picture manually

Yes Anafi automatically takes the picture and then writes on the screen that Precision Landing is enabled. Just remember not to touch the sticks before that text comes on the screen.

It is the camera at the bottom of Anafi that is used to take the picture and not the big white camera.

Regards, Leif.

Yes Anafi automatically takes the picture and then writes on the screen that Precision Landing is enabled. Just remember not to touch the sticks before that text comes on the screen.

It is the camera at the bottom of Anafi that is used to take the picture and not the big white camera.

Regards, Leif.

So if I understand right, I just need to push take off button then let it hover for a while untill text comes on screen and then I can take off

So if I understand right, I just need to push take off button then let it hover for a while untill text comes on screen and then I can take off

Yes hover for 3 seconds approx, so Anafi can take the picture. If the message does not pop up, Anafi will land + -3 feet from the takeoff spot. This means that there is either not enough satellites on the Anafi GPS or are too dark for the bottom camera to make a good quality image.

Regards, Leif.

Yes hover for 3 seconds approx, so Anafi can take the picture. If the message does not pop up, Anafi will land + -3 feet from the takeoff spot. This means that there is either not enough satellites on the Anafi GPS or are too dark for the bottom camera to make a good quality image.

Regards, Leif.

Thanks Leif, tried it today and it works perfect, the green message came on, and I took off flew around and pushed RTH, it game back to exactly that spot, dit this twice and both times it worked 100%, thanks alot, you helped me alot.

Kind Regards
Kabous

Ahhh, I was wondering how to do this PL stuff. I've seen the pop up once or twice, but didn't know how to get it to do it every time.
Thanks

Do you hover above the takeoff spot?
It needs some time.

Thanks everybody for all this inputs. I didn't read all the details on this forum because of my busy job, but I'm really interested in all your inputs. Momently with the latest update 1.4.0 I don't see anymore the message on my screen when I'm took off, precision landing. I take off waiting a while, but nothing on my screen. Before with the older firmware everything works fine. Any body else got this problem to, and had a solution?
My phone is iPhone X, so IOS.
Controller version 1.4.1
Drone version 1.4.0

Today some new tests with the latest FW on the Anafi and my iphoneX. Again no PRECISSION point. I did like some peoples said, about 20 m distance between the drone and myself, hovering, waiting,..... and no precission point or RTH. [emoji2955]

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Today new test with Huawei P9 light and iphoneX. Strange i started with the Huawei, and i saw precision point on my screen, so all ok. I changed with my iphoneX and,... yes precision point came up. So momently both working with the latest FW updates.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

I have just tried the new firmware in my garden and I got the Precision Landing message on my android phone. It was only a short flight and I was not able to test RTH and afterwards I was wondering whether if I hovered the Anafi generally above the take off point and pressed Land whether the Anafi would adjust its landing spot to the take off position or just land where it was.

Given that RTH doesn't always get right over the landing zone, I suspect not. So far, I've had to take over and land manually if I want it right in the middle of the landing pad. I think this has to do with just how precise the GPS signal is at that moment. If the picture the bottom camera took at take-off isn't visible to that camera because the drone is a couple meters sideways before landing it probably won't make a precision landing. However, I haven't had much practice with RTH and don't know for sure if RTH is required to accomplish a precision landing. When I FINALLY get some decent flying conditions I'll test this.

Yesterday I was out doing a 360 pano. The Anafi was not very far from me but up at 200 feet Alt. When I hit RTH it was trying to land right where it was. I know there is a distance that this happens but I am not sure exactly what it is. If someone knows please post that info.

Today I was out at the baseball park getting some DNG photos for a new member to look at and decided to do another RTH. This time I knew I was far enough away for it to actually RTH. As it was coming down I guess it got caught in a vortex ring state and started to spin but recovered. I let it just come down and it stopped about 9 feet high from the landing pad and hovered. I let it settle out with out touching the controls for a few seconds. I then hit the land button on the controller and it landed within a inch of where it took off from but facing 90 degrees around. Pretty dam impressive :)

Reactions: Ross
Definitely impressive.....so is the amount of meltwater!!! ☹

Next I will try manually bringing it back about 5 feet sideways from the pad and THEN hitting the land button. No RTH. This should answer Liger's question definitely.
I'm going to St. George UT tomorrow to bask in the 80 degree temps and fly the hell out of the Anafi at the old airport, trying all the modes with no fear of hitting trees!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut