Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Replacement Props

Judging by the pictures - they bought the ones which are much thicker and heavier than the originals - I bought a set by mistake as well, and never used them.

They just looked like plastic which would shatter rather than flex!!

The Anbee or the OEM are the only way to go for replacements.

Parrot support recommended Anbee when we here in Canada could not get OEM props. Gave me the link to them and said to use them. Guess if they are good enough for Parrot then they are good enough for me.
The OEM prop that broke for me shattered the hub. All that was left was the screw.

Reactions: phitar
Parrot support recommended Anbee when we here in Canada could not get OEM props. Gave me the link to them and said to use them. Guess if they are good enough for Parrot then they are good enough for me.
The OEM prop that broke for me shattered the hub. All that was left was the screw.
Interestingly, the blades I used has fewer negative comments than the ANBEE on amazon.fr Several people complained (including on amazon.com) the props would not rotate freely when the screws were tight.

Interestingly, the blades I used has fewer negative comments than the ANBEE on amazon.fr Several people complained (including on amazon.com) the props would not rotate freely when the screws were tight.
I had two props like that. It was cause by poor Quality control with over lap from the mode I'm guessing. Not a big deal breaker as all it took was a few swipes with fine sand paper on one and the other I just rotated it till it spun freely. Depending on which one I weighed on my jewelry digital scale they where all pretty much the same weight as OEM ones.

You have to remember they are all cheap China crap and even the OEM ones will fail.

Just got the Anbee ( chinese ), some pictures, it comes also with the screwdriver.

Props are likely very similar to the stock one ( stock prop to the left, chinese propeller to the right )

Interesting, this is EXACTLY the same packaging (hence likely manufacturing) as mine. Packaging
I tightened the screws and more or less every prop moves freely, someone more someone less....but this won't affect the flight, right ?

EDIT: Did 1 flight of 10 minutes just to try new chinese props, everything was fine. Perfectly stable indoor and outdoor like stock props.

Last edited:
I have been using the cheap colored props for the last month and a half or so, the ones that are a couple of dollars on ebay. Aside from having to sand the hub to get the prop to move freely on the screws I have had zero problems. I also only had one prop failure and it was with the original props, also at the hub, within the first dozen or so flights. At least 50 flights on these cheap props with no problems, with no difference in performance or noise that I could notice.

After seeing different "branded" copies come in identical packaging I am wondering what the brand actually means. On mine (and I think on @StIwY) there is no brand indication on packaging. How many vendors on amazon create these "virtual" brands that are meaningless? How many pick up on forums such as this one to identify the correct "keyword" to add to a listing?
I am curious @Agustine and @Mr.F if your oars (that's what our instructions call them :) ) came in the same little black cardboard boxes with the Yx like logo?

One more difference that is clearly apparent to me (but hard to convey in images) is the props I bought are more rigid (don't bend as easily) than the ones that came with the Anafi. The material seems different but I don't know how to test/demonstrate it.

When I had bought my Anbee I bought the 16 pack which came in a black flat long box. I do not have the box anymore as I have my props in a container on my desk. As for the material to me they look and feel so close to OEM props if you handed me one OEM and one Anbee I would not be able to tell you which was which.
The most common reason for changing props are the chips or little cracks that happen on the trailing end of the props. The Anbee props are no different and also get them if you are not careful. For several months now I hand launch and land and have had no more chips or cracks. The couple of damaged Anbee props I had I have done a bend test with them the same as I have done with OEM props. The Anbee props are very tough to break and require you to bend them back and forth 3 or 4 times before the blade will split apart.
Someplace on here I had pictures on here of my experiment I think.

Reactions: phitar
Snapped a pic of the boxes. Colored ones on the left, plain OEM style translucent black ones on the right.

I haven't tried to break any to compare but I may try. I bought something like 20 sets of various colors.

Attachments

• 20191128_084733.jpg
    20191128_084733.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 15
My experience is that buying original props does not grantee those will be good out of the box. The ones sold by Parrot on Amazon had two and the original Parrot ones I purchased at BestBuy had one prop with a visible dent, so all three props went right away to garbage. Both props packages were properly sealed, so I do not think they were someones returns.

Having that happen, I ordered the Anbee props (2 packs - 16 pcs), and at least, they all came without any dents or scratches. I have not used them yet, so I can't tell more how they fit, as it has been reported here they might not.

My experience is that buying original props does not grantee those will be good out of the box. The ones sold by Parrot on Amazon had two and the original Parrot ones I purchased at BestBuy had one prop with a visible dent, so all three props went right away to garbage. Both props packages were properly sealed, so I do not think they were someones returns.

Having that happen, I ordered the Anbee props (2 packs - 16 pcs), and at least, they all came without any dents or scratches. I have not used them yet, so I can't tell more how they fit, as it has been reported here they might not.

In one of my posts I said you might find they are tight when mounted but a little sanding on the top of the hub or just moving them back and forth when mounted will help free them up. I think one or two where tight but not all of them.

PENIVO. It literally took 6mn before one broke off and the drone crashed.

I concur, Penivo are really bad, screw passage is too tight. Props couldn't move around freely and the Anafi complained about screws possibly being loose. Have ordered OEM props meanwhile.

Back in the day I had AERONAUT on my Q500 which were really good quality, but i guess no really repuable manufactures makes them for the Anafi?

/e: just checked, aero-naut does make foldable props, but the smalles ones are 7x4" so no bueno for the anafi :D

I concur, Penivo are really bad, screw passage is too tight. Props couldn't move around freely and the Anafi complained about screws possibly being loose. Have ordered OEM props meanwhile.

Back in the day I had AERONAUT on my Q500 which were really good quality, but i guess no really repuable manufactures makes them for the Anafi?

/e: just checked, aero-naut does make foldable props, but the smalles ones are 7x4" so no bueno for the anafi :D

I have used many aftermarket props over the years. And yes I have Aeronaut on my Autel X-Star and Maytech on my Q500. I also have run Master Air Screw props on a few of my UAV's, and liked them very much. So I have emailed them a few times about making props for the Anafi but each time they say they are not interested. To bad as I think they would have made a excellent replacement.

Tried some Heliatar props today.
They were too tight on the hub and would not move freely.
I finally got into the air (after the Anafi refused to take off a few times with no error message)and started acting crazy to the extent that I lost control and had to force a crash landing.
I had GPS, everything calibrated prior to flight, etc.
No serious damage thanks to the long grass, but now I suppose I need to get some Anbee or OEM props.
It was scary folks.

Tried some Heliatar props today.
They were too tight on the hub and would not move freely.
I finally got into the air (after the Anafi refused to take off a few times with no error message)and started acting crazy to the extent that I lost control and had to force a crash landing.
I had GPS, everything calibrated prior to flight, etc.
No serious damage thanks to the long grass, but now I suppose I need to get some Anbee or OEM props.
It was scary folks.
How this could be related to this episode?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut