Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Translating Litchi missions to Flight Plan (FF6) missions.

Hi,
User of DJI drones since 6 years, mostly with waypoint missions built in the Litchi Hub (and since 2 years, with the invaluable help of Virtual Litchi Missions and Google Earth Pro), I first wanted to use my saved Litchi missions with my new Anafi and, second, I felt painful to build new precise and secure missions in my phone, even if displayed in my larger computer screen when using TeamViewer. Thus, I asked a friend of mine --who is familiar with coding-- to design a small program able to translate the Litchi's CSV files to the Parrot's JSON files.

This is done as prototype (for Windows 10) and looks as it is working very well (example below).

If some Parrot's and DJI's pilots are interested in, I can share it in my Dropbox.
Let me know.
Thanks for the program, it works. I have so many comments that English is mixed with French. It would be nice to be completely English, because this is the accepted common language.

Thanks for the program, it works. I have so many comments that English is mixed with French. It would be nice to be completely English, because this is the accepted common language.

You're welcome. You can write in French and use Google translator for this forum. But you can also send me your comments in French, I'm French :)

Reactions: edwardfcy1970
You misunderstood me!
The CSV2JSON program console window displays many English messages along with French. It is difficult to use it so that it should always be copied and pasted into a compiler.
My motherlanguage is Hungary but i can speak english. Not in French (but nice language and I recognize it if I hear it)

I have been playing around with your program also. New to Litche Hub so I do have a learning curve and also new to Google API Key. Not sure what I might have done wrong but if I choose True for this otion: - Chose altitudes AGL (True) or not (False). "True" necessitates the Google API key.
I tells me my key is invalid. If I choose false then it will produce a savedPlan.Json but all the elevations are way off.
Are there different kinds of keys and perhaps I have the wrong one? noidea (1).gif

I have inserted my key as you had indicated.

I have been playing around with your program also. New to Litche Hub so I do have a learning curve and also new to Google API Key. Not sure what I might have done wrong but if I choose True for this otion: - Chose altitudes AGL (True) or not (False). "True" necessitates the Google API key.
I tells me my key is invalid. If I choose false then it will produce a savedPlan.Json but all the elevations are way off.
Are there different kinds of keys and perhaps I have the wrong one? View attachment 3272

I have inserted my key as you had indicated.

Is you key working with VLM (for example) or working with an other app needing Google elevations ?
We are now 3 using CSV2JSON with our own keys and it works. But I know that a fourth fellow in Germany had also a key working a just for a moment.

After edition, ConfigCSV2JSON.csv should ressemble to this :

1579143561252.png

Last edited:
Is you key working with VLM (for example) or working with an other app needing Google elevations ?
We are now 3 using CSV2JSON with our own keys and it works. But I know that a fourth fellow in Germany had also a key working a just for a moment.

After edition, ConfigCSV2JSON.csv should ressemble to this :

View attachment 3273
Thanks for your reply. I will play with this again later today.

OK I figured out what I was doing wrong. I did not actually start a account. Once I provided all the information and got a new key it works as you say.
Thanks

Last edited:
A couple of suggestions. Since I am new to using Litchi and I am sure there will be more Anafi pilots that would find this program useful it would be nice to have a document added to exactly what works and what does not work in the Litchi Hub. I know there are Youtube tutorials on how to use it but they do not cover using it for the Parrot drones or at least I have not found one.

The other thing that could be added to the program is a option to use Metric or Imperial. Here in Canada we do use Metric but I am old school where I grew up using Imperial and still to this day find it easier to use then converting everything in my mind. The USA is still on Imperial and I am sure this would help users from the United States.

Thanks again for your nice program and look forward to any improvements you might find and release.

Anyone been playing around with this? If so do you find it useful? Advantages or disadvantages?
I have made a few flightplans up but have not tried them out as of yet. Still trying to figure out what options work from Litchi and which ones don't. Hard to get out to test when most days around here are below freezing. Lets us know what you like or dislike about it if you have used it.

I have prepared a Mission on litchi, converted it for ff6 and hope to have the chance, to fly both tomorrow or the days after tomorrow.
It is kind of simple, just with a "overload" of wp's, I could never do in FF6!
Plus 3 POI's.
Will fly it first with a DJI and afterwards with the Anafi

So I hope I can report back something soon.

One question:
Will there be any chance, to get the "CSV2JSON" to be available for use on android devices?
I am sometimes creating mission with the mission hub on a tablet.
Or correct some, which I have on the device already, between flights

Would be nice,to be able to do so for the Anafi, too.

This is the plan:

8591.jpg
8592.jpg
;)

So, I did fly the missions from the post above, today.
It was a 1:1 converted Litchi mission, just set the same speed (20kph) in "CSV2JSON" and kind of saved and imported it to FF6
I have to say, I will never look at the "team viewer" option again ;-)

Before I can show video-footage, I do need some time to process that to you tube.

But I have questions that are "burning"

First:
I flew it first with a Spark, small bird to compare with another small bird, and I think, the Anafi got the GPS better.
At least the POIs seem to be better pointed on

Second:
My Anafi / better the FF6, showed NO GPS during the flight plan with 70+ wps.
EDIT: Sorry, I mixed that up!
Controller did not get GPS from phone, it was shown like this GPS all the time, Anafi had GPS and other Apps on Phone also showed Position!
(That's why ) I have the Idea that this can be phone related, perhaps Android 10, too.
Thinking about checking with an older device with Android 9 or 7 on it!

On an older device with Android 9 the "FF6_6.6.2.203_FCC_Selectable " is getting the GPS from the phone
Still have Android 10 in mind, App is not from playstore, perhaps ....?

Third:
Also the height was shown correctly (it is just a barometer), the distance to HP jumped between realistic numbers and up to 2000+ meters.
2098 m jumping to 733m, just below 90 meters height but more or less OVER the HP!

I think it has to do with "Second", so the trying with another device will tell me more, here too!

Fourth:

Anafi stopped on almost every wp for a bit!
Not at all, but on most.
I have tried with and without "Automatic progressive course"
(like mentioned here : ParrotPilot Topic about stops at wp's! )
Which means:
I did fly the mission twice with almost no changes in flight behavior
At most wp's, the Anafi came to a sec(ish) standstill.
And not just on the 90 degrees direction changes.
As you can see above, there are a couple of circles, which I have set a lot of wp's for each of them.

Any idea why this 's happening?

Because THAT is, for the moment, the only thing I really can complain on.
And I have not checked that with a FF6 created flight plan, but I can't see that this has anything to do with
CSV2JSON.
I am relatively sure, that is a Anafi problem, somehow!

And may I again request a Android version of CSV2JSON ? :unsure:
Even if it was good, I got surprised by the low waterlevel in the reservoir.
So the POI, perhaps even the route, would need some update to fit the location better.
Could do that on a Tablet, but don't have a win tablet, so I could not convert it for the Anafi.
Is there a chance? Thanks in advance! ;-)

Last edited:
Sound great, glad it works as well as you say. I am guessing having Curves enabled the Anafi does not fly the curves but just goes to the next way point?

Yep, that's about it, what happened today.
There have been just some wp's, where the Anafi just cruised through them.

Unlucky, I had no ground cam available. It was very good to spot, fly, stop, fly, stop, .....!

Nope, I just made a simple "above HP" mission on litchi.
Which means, there is just ONE height change, after 18 wp's, from 30 - 34 meters, afterwards it is always 34m.
So I would have expected max ONE slight stop there, perhaps.
But also not really, since it is a 80 meter distance between wp30 and wp31
(Not for height, at least. Not even for the almost 90 degree change of direction!)
And it stops already befor it gets to wp30!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Ok, I'm seeing now, what did happen!
(At least I think I see it. Not that I understand why, but ....)

I pulled the graphic and the flight plan and checked with the Ori-Mission on litchi

On Litchi, I had for the first 18 way points (first circle) the height set to 30 m and Gimbal pitch disabled.
Kind of over-/roundview, to show the area before getting into details.
In the flight plan, for this time, the speed drop at every waypoint is "just" from 6 m/s ( cruising speed) to 4 or 5 m/s
BUT: In reality, the gimbal angle of the Anafi is/was already focused down on the POI!
(The spark 's doing as supposed, angle changed at wp18 to focus POI )

At wp 18, when the height changes for wp 19 from 30 to 34 meters, it's the first time, the speed drops to "0"
Also, at wp 19 I had set the gimbal start to "focus POI"

And here the real mystery starts:

It looks like, the Anafi is taking stops for every changed gimbal angle.
And is "just slowing a bit down", if there is no setting for "focus POI"
Like the data in the picture suggests:
all.jpg

Which I will have to test with a litchi setup "gimbal pitch: disabled", at least.

Right now my best guess is:
There is something not working out with gimbal angle adjustments in flight plan.
at least, if taken from a litchi mission.

Also, in the one topic I found about (Augustine, you may remember it ;-)
Let's get Parrot to fix Flight Plans
Parrot suggests to take MANY wp's for just one direction change
"
For ex: [pre-waypoint: angle -45°] / [post-waypoint: angle +15°]
in this case we would set more than one stop:
1st: -45° > 2nd: -20° > 3rd: 0° > 4th: 15°
this will allow more smooth transactions between waypoints.
"

Perhaps that is part of the problem, too.

But clearly it seems that the gimbal angle change (setting) is forcing the stop midair
Even if I can't see anything else as a smooth gimbal moving.
It is just the bird, which keeps stopping and stopping and stopping!

( I will add video later. I promise! )

That's for now!

Last edited:
Here is a short (timelapse x16) video.
Even in 16 times speed, the stop and go is really good to see!

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Here the Spark Video, to compare the conversion
Actually, I forgot , on litchi, that "point to next wp" is happening, in case you forget to set a wp fix to a POI
(last 3 secs), and get closer to the other on, then to that one from before.
Wondering why that did not happen in the flight plan!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320