Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Translating Litchi missions to Flight Plan (FF6) missions.

So I followed the grid building process in "Maps Made Easy" like @Agustine proposed with parameters I will publish at the end, but with my set of parameters, I get 1 cm per pixel like I calculated previously ... but confirmed by the web site "maps made easy" !

MapsMadeEasy.jpg

Just verified on Google Earth pro the shape of the grid at a constant 35 meters above take off :
KmlGoogle1.jpg

Then loaded the kml of the mission in Litchi Hub, selected all points and set to 35 m above the ground, exported a 3D kml to check result in Google Earth Pro again :
kmlGoogleAfterLitchi.jpg

Now, I'll try to use the Litchi to FF6 flight plan and see if I can take 252 pictures / 14 passes = 16 images per leg in Anafi's app...
Maybe I shall have said litchi in the batch processing that I needed a picture with an interval like 10 meters ?

... will try things, but it looks I'm close to the expected result ... thanks to you !!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Did you take the update for pix4d?
Improvements
* Updated to support latest Parrot Anafi firmware
* Rectilinear format for Parrot Anafi photos for wider compatibility
* Offline maps bug fixes
* Third party acknowledgments in the about section
* Bug fixes

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MustangPhil
No, you just inform me there was this update... yesterday !!
THe update is for Android (and I flew the mission on Android).

I did not remark any bug but the most important thing they did is the ‘Rectilinear format for Parrot for wider compatibility’ :

In my (Very little) experience, the best results are obtained for surveys with images that have been processed to be as ‘linear’ as possible.
There is also an important factor, the fact that rectified linear images are ‘cropped’ to a smaller portion of the ‘Wide’ image. The disadvantage is you need to overlap the pictures a little more, but the advantage is you crop the image and remove part of it... the part that is on the ‘lens borders’ and that is less ‘sharp and precise’.

The jpeg Rect also has a residual different ‘focal distance’ because of the wide->rect conversion.

I just downloaded the update (for Android, now 4.9), and checked the already flown mission : Now the height to obtain 1 cm per pixel at nadir (gimbal all the way down to be vertical), is 30 meters (it was written 35 meters yesterday)... so they did change the app much deeper than what’s written in the Release notes...

Thanks for pointing me to the recent update... now I have a better understanding of the process...

I recovered my Anafi from a tree (you showed me the ‘bazooka drone’)
I will probably ‘follow the slope’ for survey projects with Anafi (with your work on Autel Forum).
... I think I now owe you a warm beer ;o)

• Haha
Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Anyone still using this program? If so does you Google API key still work? Seems mine is giving me This now.
"Oops! pas d'élévations GOOGLE KEY incorrecte"

Anyone still using this program? If so does you Google API key still work? Seems mine is giving me This now.
"Oops! pas d'élévations GOOGLE KEY incorrecte"
Yes, it still work. But I had to subscribe again to Google platform last year.

Yes, it still work. But I had to subscribe again to Google platform last year.
OK I had to use a charge card this time to activate the Google API. Don't remember having to do that last time.
Seems to be working for this program again.
I have a bunch of DJI missions I wanted to convert over to my Anafi and fly the same missions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peio64270
OK I had to use a charge card this time to activate the Google API. Don't remember having to do that last time.
Seems to be working for this program again.
I have a bunch of DJI missions I wanted to convert over to my Anafi and fly the same missions.
Yees. Last year I received an e-mail from Google saying that my "trial period was over" and that I had to register. I never considered that my previous complete registration was for "trial" since I already gave credit card coordinates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame