Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Flight plan for Parrot Anafi online

Thank you abant
I was just testing flight plan on my ios device and noticed that some WP's set on course without poi are pointing in wrong direction?
Maybe I am doing something wrong in parameters - see comparisons in attached photos
The previous version of the script may have been saved in the browser cache. Try refreshing the page with clearing the cache: Ctrl+F5

If you are talking about an already saved file, to correct negative Yaw values, you need to move the marker at least one pixel, and the yaw rotation angle value will be recalculated.

Last edited:
And one small tip. When building a grid, these markers are unnecessary.
1593105388080.png
If you want the lines in the grid to be parallel, then follow the angles of the true Yaw (in the table) - they should be as close as possible to the values that are multiples of 90.

Hi abant,

Thanks so much for this tool. I tried different things and all worked well. You are a genius!!!

Just one question: if i have a flight-path and want to view any direction and then get let's say into a orbit viewing POI the cameramovement in this moment is very fast and not smooth...any hints to edit this parameters?

Regards Harry

The previous version of the script may have been saved in the browser cache. Try refreshing the page with clearing the cache: Ctrl+F5

If you are talking about an already saved file, to correct negative Yaw values, you need to move the marker at least one pixel, and the yaw rotation angle value will be recalculated.
Hello abant.... tried refreshing cache, different browser, and reinstalling FF6 , and then created new flight plans, no improvements
After uploading plan to phone some of the direction of wp's / are incorrect -yaw
Wish I had an anroid device to test:sneaky:

Hello abant.... tried refreshing cache, different browser, and reinstalling FF6 , and then created new flight plans, no improvements
After uploading plan to phone some of the direction of wp's / are incorrect -yaw
Wish I had an anroid device to test:sneaky:
I can't even make a guess about the reasons. The only thing that is available to me is a comparison of parameters in generated files for Android and for iOS. And I see that they are absolutely identical.
1593160954791.png
The same values are contained in the file "flightPlan.mavlink":
1593161265342.png
In the FF6 app, I see the correct orientation of the drone at all points.
1593161414293.png
In addition, the script does not create negative yaw values. Even if the result of calculating a trigonometric function is negative, the last line in the code will always correct this: yaw = (yaw < 0) ? yaw + 360 : yaw;

I found one of your flight plans with negative yaw values in the database. You can't create such a file now, because the error has been fixed. You can load this flight plan to the map and move the wrong marker not a few pixels, the yaw angle will be recalculated.
1593162368116.png

We can try again to compare the "savedPlan.json" files.
Please,
upload the flight plan that results in the wrong orientation of the drone to the FF6 app on iOS,
change the yaw of incorrect WP,
1593162719641.png
1593162726334.png
save the flight plan,
put two archives in the forum: the source archive that you received on the site, and the archive of files after saving them in FF6.

I hope it will help us understand what is happening.

By the way, adding a completely similar action does not make sense and will be ignored.
1593163718647.png

New functionality. Added a new action - "Rotate".
It is an analog of this operation:
1593186247428.png

The minus sign before the number indicates a left turn, but you don't need to specify this minus when adding/editing an action. Instead of minus, I added two selectors to select the direction of rotation:
1593186621809.png
After performing the action with the specified rotation speed, the drone jerks back to the Yaw value set for the point.

The Rotation action can be used to control the drone's rotation speed in "Static yaw" mode. To do this, add this action at the point where the flight direction changes, while focusing on the values of the "true yaw", which is displayed in the table below the map. For example:
1593187169140.png

At id1, the drone should turn left. If you do not add the "Rotation" action, it will do it very sharply. I want to perform a smooth turn at an angular speed of 15 degrees per second. First I calculate the angle of rotation: 336.28 - 270.68 = 65.6º
I enter this value in the "Angle" field and select "left".
After completing the action, the drone will not need to change its orientation, since it will exactly match the desired direction.

According to the established tradition, I ask owners of ios devices to check whether the flight plan is loaded correctly in the FF6 program.
Thank you.

Reactions: pa911
Thanks for all the updates. This last one I am going to have to figure out. Seems a little complicated. To bad we don't have a flight simulator for the Anafi so we could double check our flights before going out to the field.

New functionality. Added a new action - "Rotate".
It is an analog of this operation:
View attachment 4482

The minus sign before the number indicates a left turn, but you don't need to specify this minus when adding/editing an action. Instead of minus, I added two selectors to select the direction of rotation:
View attachment 4483
After performing the action with the specified rotation speed, the drone jerks back to the Yaw value set for the point.

The Rotation action can be used to control the drone's rotation speed in "Static yaw" mode. To do this, add this action at the point where the flight direction changes, while focusing on the values of the "true yaw", which is displayed in the table below the map. For example:
View attachment 4484

At id1, the drone should turn left. If you do not add the "Rotation" action, it will do it very sharply. I want to perform a smooth turn at an angular speed of 15 degrees per second. First I calculate the angle of rotation: 336.28 - 270.68 = 65.6º
I enter this value in the "Angle" field and select "left".
After completing the action, the drone will not need to change its orientation, since it will exactly match the desired direction.

According to the established tradition, I ask owners of ios devices to check whether the flight plan is loaded correctly in the FF6 program.
Thank you.

I'll give it a try today! Thanks.
One thing still remainig:
We could also smooth the tilt the same way...but right now there is now way to see at what angle the camera would be when changing from a static entered angle to a follow poi...is there a way to calculate and show it in the table like the yaw? I think rather not or?

We could also smooth the tilt the same way...but right now there is now way to see at what angle the camera would be when changing from a static entered angle to a follow poi...is there a way to calculate and show it in the table like the yaw? I think rather not or?

I added information about the distance to the POI and the angle to the POI for each WP.

1593265277592.png

Reactions: zandoli
Two things I noticed today making a Flight Plan.
1st when I went to save the plan the page just hung up and never saved the plan. I was able to download the plan to my computer but that did not save my last plan. (4 curves)
2nd once uploaded to FF6 I edited the first 2 WPs from 125 feet to 160 feet. It asked me if I wanted to save these edits which I did. After loading the flight plan I noticed the WPs never changed from 125 to 160 feet. Not sure if FF6 is having issues with the .Json file being generated from @abant s program.

OK I see you were working on the page. This is probably why it hung up on me trying to save my plan. Perhaps a notice the site will be down in the future will help.

It is possible that you left the page open for a long time and the server ended the session. But the flight plan is saved even if you have logged out of your account.it just doesn't appear in your list because it belongs to an unidentified user.

Tell me the name of the lost plan and I will add it to your account

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320